Ross McCrorie -- last night

thehost

1 minute ago, Reformation Bear said:

A bit of public humiliation perhaps, if - as was suggested in the opening post - he spoke angrily in public about not being selected.   No player bigger than the Club and all that.

Perhaps if he was a regular internationalist valued at several million he has a point. 

On saying that he could of started ahead of Coulibaly. Just 

14 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A bit of public humiliation perhaps, if - as was suggested in the opening post - he spoke angrily in public about not being selected.   No player bigger than the Club and all that.

Public humiliation back in the day was transfer listed, these days discipline at Ibrox is a thing of the past. 

McRorie is a decent player with a lot of potential. He's had some great performances but also a good few average ones and certainly is not an automatic starter in my eyes. Gerrard has publicly stated earlier in the season he sees him as potentially a future Rangers captain which is a fairly clear endorsement of how he is viewed. It certainly isn't the behaviour of a future captain to shoot his mouth off. It is the behaviour of a future captain to want to play and be annoyed when he isn't. He can talk to the manager about that, not make these sorts of comments. He deserves not to play if that is the case. 

The reason these things are being talked about though is due to poor performances recently. There is always more focus on this sort of stuff, be it the media trying to destabilise us or anxiety amongst ourselves on forums etc. The best solution will be a strong performance and win and we can get to talking about that instead of this. 

I feel like all I do is talk this boy up but he makes a difference.

That's us at the 30 game mark in the league. We've started 20 without him and only won 9 (Less than half ffs) and in the 10 he's started we've won 8. 

Without him in the team we only win 45% of our matches and with him in the side we win 80% of our matches.

McCrorie has only started a third of our games in the league and has started in 47% of our wins. That's roughly a 14% upgrade in our win ratio with him in the side and it seems to get bigger every time I look at it. Over 38 games 14% is about 5 wins extra.

I get that today he wouldn't have carved open that chance to win us the game but he would give us structure, tempo and bit of grit we were truly lacking.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

That's us at the 30 game mark in the league. We've started 20 without him and only won 9 (Less than half ffs) and in the 10 he's started we've won 8. 

Without him in the team we only win 45% of our matches and with him in the side we win 80% of our matches.

McCrorie has only started a third of our games in the league and has started in 47% of our wins. That's roughly a 14% upgrade in our win ratio with him in the side and it seems to get bigger every time I look at it. Over 38 games 14% is about 5 wins extra.

I get that today he wouldn't have carved open that chance to win us the game but he would give us structure, tempo and bit of grit we were truly lacking.

Join the club mate. I've posted many times we need his physicality in midfield particularly in tough games. Couldn't believe it when Coulibaly and Davis started 

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Hard to argue with any of that.

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Join the club mate. I've posted many times we need his physicality in midfield particularly in tough games. Couldn't believe it when Coulibaly and Davis started 

I was okay with Davis because if Jack is out I'd rather he filled in for him than Arfield, but Coulibaly took me completely by surprise.

For me he is the only player in that team that has been dropped completely unfairly. I don't know if there is an attitude issue or something like that but we are a helluva lot more likely to win games with him in the side. We need players like him playing in this league.

37 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Not his biggest fan, but hard to argue with that.

One thing i think mccrorie does is break up the play higher up the park, he forces errors from opponents closer to their goal, hence we win the ball back in more dangerous areas and can capitalise on that

In recent games we win the ball back in our own third, and 11 opponents are behind the ball, and we struggle to break them down