Where are they now? The Rangers squad which won Scotland’s fourth tier

KaiserJon

As if today wasn't bad enough, now we're being reminded of that horror show. 

Sandaza and Kyle arguably the worst out of that list. Mind blowing how much money we spunked on these guys. Kyle's mind was absolutely blown that he said a sum of money almost as a piss take, and he got almost exactly that! 

Our management has been appalling for years now. It's at best fractionally better now. It could be argued even worse now considering we're in the top division so need to be far more professional than we did when we were in div 3.

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

As if today wasn't bad enough, now we're being reminded of that horror show. 

Sandaza and Kyle arguably the worst out of that list. Mind blowing how much money we spunked on these guys. Kyle's mind was absolutely blown that he said a sum of money almost as a piss take, and he got almost exactly that! 

Our management has been appalling for years now. It's at best fractionally better now. It could be argued even worse now considering we're in the top division so need to be far more professional than we did when we were in div 3.

This 

I wish we had went with a core of youth players to work our way back up. If it meant spending more than a season in the Third Division, then so be it. Instead of developing and instilling a winning mentality at the beginning of the rebuild, we just threw money at mercenaries who saw the crest as a big pound sign.

I despair at reading some of those names who have had the privilege of pulling on the light-blue jersey.

It was a difficult period and prior to it all kicking off was a time I was looking forward too, a chance to see some decent talent being developed. Sadly this never happened and on reflection it was a MAJOR mistake by Ally.

Sure I understand the need to ensure winning the league etc, failure would have been catastrophic not only financially but supporters would have dwindled away while effecting our image.

A lot has also been made about wages being spent etc but our wage budget in relation to our turnover was under 30% and that was significantly lower thanost clubs in the UK. So technically we could afford it, and In a way had to attract a certain player to at least encourage fans into the stadium 

I was in Iceland last year and saw Robbie Crawford playing for Hafnarfjordur. He actually looked quite decent at that level. Steven Lennon (another blast from the past) was playing for them as well. The weather was absolutely horrific admittedly so I left with a good half hour left.