Allen

KingKirk

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I don’t know how many times it’s been said that the Manager has final say.

You are either deliberately being obtuse or you should go back to Primary and learn reading comprehension.

So let's say Allen goes to Gerrard and says we've got a group of players we are monitoring like Jones etc we are looking to sign them do u think Gerrards opinion matters on those? I don't.

Look at scum fc they signed a winger despite the manager continually saying we don't need another winger.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

As I've already said he will get the 4/5he specifically asks for the rest are brought in and he works with them.

No way on earth last summer was he thinking let's sign Jones or hastie ffs doubt he'd heard of them.

I’m pretty sure that Allen said that players are identified by a number of people (Allen, the scouts and probably himself Gerrard) and then a list is complied, discussed, scoured further and then it is agreed (with final say from Gerrard) whether to go after the player or not.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

So let's say Allen goes to Gerrard and says we've got a group of players we are monitoring like Jones etc we are looking to sign them do u think Gerrards opinion matters on those? I don't.

Look at scum fc they signed a winger despite the manager continually saying we don't need another winger.

Kirk mate, log off for a bit :lol:

You can't judge an appointment like Allen, and our infrastructure changes, for at least 3-5yrs after they are implemented. Tbh, the perfect opportunity to do this was 2012-2013, but.... well....

We are shopping in the bargain basement while rebuilding an entire team. It's no surprise 50% signings are average or poor. 

What it has done is give us a base to build. When we start targetting players to perform specific rolls, and they turn out to be poor - then I will be far more critical.

6 hours ago, Badger said:

You can't judge an appointment like Allen, and our infrastructure changes, for at least 3-5yrs after they are implemented. Tbh, the perfect opportunity to do this was 2012-2013, but.... well....

We are shopping in the bargain basement while rebuilding an entire team. It's no surprise 50% signings are average or poor. 

What it has done is give us a base to build. When we start targetting players to perform specific rolls, and they turn out to be poor - then I will be far more critical.

I think this is a point most are ignoring.

It’s hugely difficult to rebuild an entire team. You don’t know what attributes or skills you need from a player because you don’t know who else will be in the squad. Almost always ends in mis-balanced squads.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

So you think Gerrard is being forced to sign players by Allen. You’re more mental than I gave you credit for. 

Forced is the wrong word but Gerrard won’t have had much knowledge of the players we could sign. There also is a model of signing promising domestic talent regardless of who is the manager. I think he wanted to sign Defoe and Davis with the rest presented to him.