Who should replace Gerrard?

13 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

So you thought he'd be gone by Christmas because it was a mistake appointing him, we've had a poor season but now you've changed your mind and are willing to have patience and expect him to turn things round and win something next year? 

What has he done to change your opinion so dramatically? 

Not been a car crash.

Was going to post something there, but seeing how this thread is going . Fucking sack the manager, sack the backroom staff, sack the players and the board. Let's burn down Ibrox and make it car park. Then we can appoint a team of armchair managers spending hundreds of millions of pounds of their own money to buy all of the armchair superstars that can do better than the shite we can actually afford and go back to playing on a cinder pitch with coats for goalposts. Rant over . FTP NS WATP. 

No cunt, we will keep him and we need to try and build some stability off the back of this seasons disappointments.

A strong second like it or lump it is an improvement on the previous 2 seasons(if we manage that).

I think some people got ahead of themselves thanks to how well we done in Europe, the pills a bit harder to swallow as well when the bheggars have struggled at times and looked there for the taking. 

We are harder to beat and a mile from the finished article but I’ll reserve my judgement till this time next year (assuming he is still here) 

15 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

A strong second like it or lump it is an improvement on the previous 2 seasons(if we manage that).

During the 2016/17 season Aberdeen finished in second place with 76 points.

During the 2017/18 season Aberdeen finished in second place with 73 points. 

This season, Aberdeen have 52 points with 9 games left to play.  Aberdeen have performed well in the cups but I think it's fair to say their league form has dropped off and that needs to be considered.  Overall we're one point better off at this stage than we were last year.  

I do think we'll beat last seasons tally of 70 points but not by much.  Our form since returning from the winter break has been quite poor. 

2 hours ago, bordersbear said:

Was going to post something there, but seeing how this thread is going . Fucking sack the manager, sack the backroom staff, sack the players and the board. Let's burn down Ibrox and make it car park. Then we can appoint a team of armchair managers spending hundreds of millions of pounds of their own money to buy all of the armchair superstars that can do better than the shite we can actually afford and go back to playing on a cinder pitch with coats for goalposts. Rant over . FTP NS WATP. 

Shouldn't have bothered. 

3 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Have you changed your mind about 'Dave' again?

He has not, if you had read it right you would have twigged that King is Gerrard's man who BA thinks will get proper funding but if he walks king will walk or not give a new manager funds.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

He has not, if you had read it right you would have twigged that King is Gerrard's man who BA thinks will get proper funding but if he walks king will walk or not give a new manager funds.

'King walks and leaves us in deep shit and you can take that to the bank.'

Sounds like a ringing endorsement. 

2 hours ago, trueblueal said:

There is no chance in hell Gerard is going anywhere just now. I think he is building us nicely. We lack quality in some positions and with a few higher level signings rather than 12-15 ins we will be far better 

first year as a manager, first year in scots football. compared to where we where and have been, im confident he will get us back to where we belong. He will no the spl now and what he needs and who to get rid off. 

On 13/03/2019 at 17:44, Prso's headband said:

At the time Gerrard certainly wasn’t my choice, I wanted Bielsa, he was sitting in the house at the time. 

However I think Gerrard will win trophies here. 

This rinse and repeat nonsense won’t ever work. We need continuity and build on what we have and what we’ve done this season. We’ve improved but we need big improvements now and with that comes cash

This. 

He will figure it out, just not this season with these players. 

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I see that’s The Sun sharpening the knives for him now. Rolling out stories with footballing non-entity Craig Beattie about how easy a ride Gerrard is getting. 

Jesus! I was for giving him another season but if craig reckons hes a dud then wed be better getting rid sharpish. After all who could argue with someone who has achieved as much in the game as mr Beattie. It almost defies belief that tabloids would think anyone would care what the likes of him think. You would be as well asking what the manager of youre local amateur outfit thinks.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Jesus! I was for giving him another season but if craig reckons hes a dud then wed be better getting rid sharpish. After all who could argue with someone who has achieved as much in the game as mr Beattie. It almost defies belief that tabloids would think anyone would care what the likes of him think. You would be as well asking what the manager of youre local amateur outfit thinks.

You would get a more sensible, more informed and more intelligent answer than you would get from that numptie Beattie.

15 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

You would get a more sensible, more informed and more intelligent answer than you would get from that numptie Beattie.

Why of all the peoples opinion to seek would you ask his? Does he drink in the same boozer as the journalist or what? It just seems so completely random.

6 hours ago, bordersbear said:

I have a fair bit of experience of playing on a cinder pitch with coats for goalposts.

In fact a lot more than most of the so called "experienced and professional" managers nowadays.

Keep the ball simple, play to the lines, and if in doubt hoof it. That's my simple philiosophy for football. 

If the job comes up I'd be pleased for you to provide a reference.

Can supply my own Dettol too for injuries on the cinder pitch.:tu:

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

I have a fair bit of experience of playing on a cinder pitch with coats for goalposts.

In fact a lot more than most of the so called "experienced and professional" managers nowadays.

Keep the ball simple, play to the lines, and if in doubt hoof it. That's my simple philiosophy for football. 

If the job comes up I'd be pleased for you to provide a reference.

Can supply my own Dettol too for injuries on the cinder pitch.:tu:

Fat kid in goals - that makes me your goalie !