Who should replace Gerrard?

2 minutes ago, beechwood bear said:

The managerial merry-go-round has to stop. Gerrard needs to learn from the mistakes he's made.

True but next season will be tougher as he has to deliver either the league or a cup .

Nothing else will do no excuses.

I want him to succeed but  time will tell .

1 minute ago, surfsup2 said:

True but next season will be tougher as he has to deliver either the league or a cup .

Nothing else will do no excuses.

I want him to succeed but  time will tell .

Oh I know mate.  Like everyone else I'm raging with the way this season has went,but I just think sacking him would do us no favours. He absolutely has to win a trophy next season or he's fucked.

I think we keep employing managers that underestimate the difficulty of the league and the pressure of the job.

I originally didn’t want Gerrard here, but now he is and he’s realised how difficult the job is maybe he’ll get things right. 

I think the constant swap out of managers has to stop - because that’s not working either

Talk about replacing Gerrard implies (1) he would be sacked by the Club, (2) he resigns (just quits full stop), or (3) another club makes an offer to obtain his services and Rangers and Gerrard accept the offer.  I don't think (1) is even remotely on the horizon.   I don't think (2) is likely.  (3) might be a possibility.    It's inevitable that clubs in the top 2 leagues in England will go through the summer ritual of sacking managers and looking for replacements and I suppose its possible a club might feel it could tempt Gerrard away from Rangers.   We'd presumably get a handsome fee for such a transfer.  Cash but yet again no manager.   That risk exists at all times though so its not new.

As to who could replace him, we've seen only too recently an extensive recruitment search.   There was massive speculation about names.   Most of them might be possible candidates again.    But if we get to that situation because SG is sacked then imo we truly will have become an absolute circus of a club with little to no chance of attracting any manager who would quickly transform our fortunes into a trophy winning club again.

2 hours ago, beechwood bear said:

Oh I know mate.  Like everyone else I'm raging with the way this season has went,but I just think sacking him would do us no favours. He absolutely has to win a trophy next season or he's fucked.

He’s needs the league next season

On 13/03/2019 at 17:55, beararse said:

What the fuck is wrong with people on here?

Chelsea have an oligarch bank rolling them in a league which is the biggest cash cow in the world and are now rank fucking rotten thanks to all the chopping and changing of managers, successful or otherwise.

Why the fuck would anyone think changing our manager for the 4th time (i'm including Murty in there) in as many years is the answer for a club with fuck all money playing in one of the poorest leagues in Europe?

Mental...

The only sensible post I have read in this thread.

I think it's the players that have let us down recently rather then the tactics or style of play. Obviously the manager makes the signings so the blame it that way could possibly lie at his door. Let's get to the end of the season and see how we feel before deciding anything