Who should replace Gerrard?

9 hours ago, TMB said:

During the 2016/17 season Aberdeen finished in second place with 76 points.

During the 2017/18 season Aberdeen finished in second place with 73 points. 

This season, Aberdeen have 52 points with 9 games left to play.  Aberdeen have performed well in the cups but I think it's fair to say their league form has dropped off and that needs to be considered.  Overall we're one point better off at this stage than we were last year.  

I do think we'll beat last seasons tally of 70 points but not by much.  Our form since returning from the winter break has been quite poor. 

I didn’t say any improvement was dramatic, one bonus ball we have against previous seasons is that we have never been thumped this season, no eye watering 5-1 pumpings. Definetly harder to beat and as of yet we have not completely capitulated in a game.

I think the 2-0 is our biggest goal margin defeat this season.

We have also played some good football at times but consistency is another problem in itself.

Gerrard is a total managerial red arse, he is cutting his teeth on this job and clearly has a lot to learn. I’m willing to give him till this time next year and if we haven’t managed to fix some of the glaring faults we have at the moment (like creativity in the middle of the park, a captain that has attributes of a captain and something resembling a plan B) then it’ll be time for threads like this to be taken seriously.

don't want him to leave. we haven't won anything which is a pain in the arse but it's his first season and we brought in a lot of players during the summer. we can't keep punting managers and bringing in new ones who then shake up the entire team. we need to give gerrard a proper chance and i think he can win us trophies if we stick with him. unless we down tools then we can finish second with ease and get back into europe. we finished 3rd place last season so if we finish 2nd it's an improvement. next season we do better and we won't be able to do that if we ditch gerrard and bring a load of new players in. during summer he needs to identify the weakness of the squad and bring new players in. instead of rebuilding we need to build upon the foundation we have.

also i think we'd struggle to bring in any other high profile manager. i still can't quite get my head around the fact steven gerrard is our manager. we'd probably end up with some wee diddy manager. fuck sake we were looking at mcinnes and clarke. is that what we want? 

and then of course imagine the shit storm if we fired him. it'd be news all over the world. we'd be seen as the club who thinks this football legend isn't good enough for us. i know that no one person is bigger than Rangers but it'd put us in a negative light. the exposure  gerrard brought us is not to be underestimated. i've spoke to people from all around the world over the last year who are now watching or following us because he is our manager.

i know Rangers demands success and i love how passionate we are as a support but we need to be patient and give him a proper chance. 

Gerrard is learning on the job. Progress has been made but mistakes have been made which is understandable with a rookie manager. The guy is a serial winner & will have learnt a lot about himself and his team this season. He has my full support and I think we will see big improvements next season. The board need to back him in the summer & the recruitment team and scouts need to up their game.

In Gerrard we trust.

Let's go.

He has a lot to learn and he needs to learn quick.and we need to make sure any future signings we make hit the ground running Add more physicality to the team and more creativity in the midfield and forward areas but mostly although we all hurt when results don't go our way we need to give the manager time to get this right. 

Long shot speculation for when the day comes as it eventually will to replace Gerrard.   Replacement candidates already at the Club?   Maybe just needs some time to get the relevant badges (or encouraged to go get them).   Who are they?   Wallace and Halliday.