Press Conference: Gerrard and Halliday

BlueKnight87

25 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

It's critical that he finds a decent captain.

Just cant see a successful Rangers team with Tav in the captain's role (or even on the park tbh)

Agree on both points.

I felt Gerrard made a mistake making tav the captain. Tav has been a constant in our failures. 

I still think one of the main reason we cannot compete against the more physical sides is most of our players although tidy on the ball are fucking tiny and get bossed by average cloggers who are bigger than them with less ability.

5 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Not sure what folk want or expect him to say to be honest, He isn’t going to slaughter them he’s made it clear they have to look themselves in the mirror and e use if they are up for the job. He’s made it clear we need more genuine quality in the team for next season, exact same as everyone on here has said. 

As for the Walter would be kicking fuck out of them pish give it a rest. Walter had many a shitshow as manager as well, they didn’t always bounce straight back either. 

Agreed. 

I disagree with Gerrard saying the players know what it means to the fans. If that were true, they would perform to their absolute best of ability and go out their way to improve themselves and as a team.  I don't feel they do this now for whatever the reason is. 

I know the elements were an issue, but as said, they did not try to improve even after that first goal was scored.  But that is just my opinion and how I see things. 

I hope this changes for Saturday. I really really hope they do regardless of the weather. 

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I still think one of the main reason we cannot compete against the more physical sides is most of our players although tidy on the ball are fucking tiny and get bossed by average cloggers who are bigger than them with less ability.

This does appear to be an issue as well, but then they need to find ways of getting round that. The fancy footwork would be great IF the rest of our players are paying attention especially when we look to be dangerous in the goal area but rarely ever followed through with precision. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

You can tell within 5 mins with this team what type of performance you are going to get and nothing seems to change it. 

As soon as that early fuck up gave them the lead I couldn’t see a way back for us. 

Agree completely. Said same thing. We need to get the 2 goal lead first or we nearly always drop our bottle. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You can tell within 5 mins with this team what type of performance you are going to get and nothing seems to change it. 

As soon as that early fuck up gave them the lead I couldn’t see a way back for us. 

Agreed, do you think that comes down to our manager/staff not being able to change things during a game?

I'd say it is. As with what you've just said, I've watched us dominate for a short while and you know if we're going to score a bucket load or if we're going to create lots of chances and not take one of them. We're way to predictable in play and performance.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

Agreed, do you think that comes down to our manager/staff not being able to change things during a game?

I'd say it is. As with what you've just said, I've watched us dominate for a short while and you know if we're going to score a bucket load or if we're going to create lots of chances and not take one of them. We're way to predictable in play and performance.

It's management and players. They're equally to blame. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think SG is seriously hamstrung by his bench. He’s not got a game changer to bring on 

makes him look bad, next season he needs to add this 

He can only blame himself though. He puts these subs there when there are mildly better to choose from. I mean 3 strikers on the pitch at same time and left Katić and Halliday(I know Halliday has howlers in full games, but appears to play better when subbed imo)out...I don't get it at all. 

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think SG is seriously hamstrung by his bench. He’s not got a game changer to bring on 

makes him look bad, next season he needs to add this 

Doesn't help that he plays with wingers , and doesn't put one on the bench and the bench is way too defensive all the time. 

49 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I never seen any of our subs make a difference, so I’m going to say it’s the players even the ones on the bench get the cant be arsed attitude as well. Just by the law of averages if it was the game management the coaches would have got it right occasionally. 

I don’t think we are predictable, when we are on it we a joy to watch and no team can cope with us, but we aren’t on it far too many times. 

49 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

(I know Halliday has howlers in full games, but appears to play better when subbed imo)

Actually, with respect, do you actually know that???

I think we need to separate Halliday THIS season from the old Halliday. He has hardly put a foot wrong this season: he's seldom panicked under pressure, usually finds a decent pass to take us forward, stands strong in the challenge, delivers consistently good corners (WAY better than Tav), takes no  shit from wee taigy nyaffs...and he loves the Queen.

1 minute ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

Actually, with respect, do you actually know that???

I think we need to separate Halliday THIS season from the old Halliday. He has hardly put a foot wrong this season: he's seldom panicked under pressure, usually finds a decent pass to take us forward, stands strong in the challenge, delivers consistently good corners (WAY better than Tav), takes no  shit from wee taigy nyaffs...and he loves the Queen.

With respect, loving the Queen doesn't automatically make a Rangers Player a great one. Last full game he had there against Hibs,  he did put a few feet wrong, albeit he wasn't the only one and I am not against Halliday, actually like his style of late....so please don't talk to me again about "Old" Halliday thank you....that's not even remotely in my mind. I go by this season only.  

So yes, I DO know that:)