Fans on Tuesday

graeme_4

25 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Debated if I should post my thoughts on this or not, but decided with another home game tomorrow to go for it. Probably won’t be popular. 

The players and manager got it badly wrong on Tuesday, and they’re rightfully getting it in the neck now. No excuses. 

However, I thought as a group of fans we were absolutely shocking during the game. Out sung by 800 odd sheep for the full game. Barely a song the whole time, even when all stands starting to get going more than 50% of those sat around me stayed silent on their arses. 

Most of the noise was pure venom from some aimed at our players, when we should have been trying to drive them on to get back into the game. These guys aren’t the best and haven’t achieved what we wanted this season, but it’s not a lack of effort. 

We pride ourselves on being winners, but we’re creating an atmosphere at times that’s making it harder for our players to succeed. All need to play our part. 

100% agree. 

And also the Union Bears protesting for the first half didn’t help. I appreciate what they do and why they are protesting. But in quarter final against Aberdeen, playing for the only realistic trophy left for us to win, put it to one side for the night and back the team.

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The whole stadium only really has a voice against the scum or on Euro nights. It's always like that. 

Gerrard has said it's up to the players to give fans the spark, and he's right. Losing a 3rd minute goal, knowing we weren't going to recover as a result of  seeing the mistakes and lack of invention, no wonder the stadium was silent other than berating them.

It is what it is, and if the players perform the mood and support improves. If not it doesn't, and won't. Us chatting about it won't change what's been the case for donkeys years. And a silent UB section just worsens it.

The early goal did make it really difficult, not saying that is what it should be but after so many years of hellish performances and terrible results it is to be expected I would argue.

I must admit I do not start songs and neither do many around me, but many of us do sing when a song is started, I assume everyone who blames others for not singing (it is said many times on RM) must also not be singing or we would be hearing them. :thinking:

Having said that I love it when the stadium is noise all around, it just does not happen much at the moment for the reasons in my first sentence.

OP just described every home game apart from celtic and Europe , I sit in the sandy jardine front , rain was belting in on Wednesday most sensible thing would be to stand till it went off , it would have kept us a bit drier coz our legs wouldn’t be exposed , folk would actually rather get fucking drenched than stand for 15/20 , you need to go to our away games to feel as though your at a proper game most the time 

29 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Agree. It's not just that it's quiet, like it used to be, it's more consistently vicious.

It's like it's become a learned,  habitual behaviour. Starts against refs, but as the game goes on it just becomes a general screechfest against everyone on the pitch. Listening some folk around me it's like they go to the football with the sole purpose of venting steam. Very little positive to say.

Some of it is probably 7 years of frustration.

In my lifetime there’s always been quieter games, but the ability of the crowd to be on the backs of the players so quickly and like you say viciously is like nothing I’ve ever seen at Ibrox. 

Granted, there’s a lot of frustration building up, but it’s very counterproductive. 

27 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Only way it will change is if they let you drink and that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon. 

Most ppl sit next to the same ppl every week and are almost too embarrassed to sing.

Does drink make you a better singer?

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Drink inside the game is something I want but won't improve the atmosphere at Ibrox

There's about a dozen pubs within walking distance from the stadium to drink before you go in

Only thing that will improve it is if we play loyalist tunes over the speakers as the game is being played 

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Debated if I should post my thoughts on this or not, but decided with another home game tomorrow to go for it. Probably won’t be popular. 

The players and manager got it badly wrong on Tuesday, and they’re rightfully getting it in the neck now. No excuses. 

However, I thought as a group of fans we were absolutely shocking during the game. Out sung by 800 odd sheep for the full game. Barely a song the whole time, even when all stands starting to get going more than 50% of those sat around me stayed silent on their arses. 

Most of the noise was pure venom from some aimed at our players, when we should have been trying to drive them on to get back into the game. These guys aren’t the best and haven’t achieved what we wanted this season, but it’s not a lack of effort. 

We pride ourselves on being winners, but we’re creating an atmosphere at times that’s making it harder for our players to succeed. All need to play our part. 

Disagree on lack of effort to be honest. I know the elements were awful, but the players died on their backsides mostly. 

I do agree about fans making more effort to drown out the opposition, but how exactly is that meant to be achieved if they're not interested? 

Personally, I would love to hear more Loyalist songs added into the traditional Rangers songs and I know there are a few that disagree with it being anything to do with Rangers, but it has a lot to do with most of our culture and traditions, whether some Rangers fans like it or not.   But if we want that (which the SNP etc are against), then we would have to put up with the crap from the other side of Glasgow etc also(which I can switch off to if I had to, for us getting our way). 

Other than that, how would we create an atmosphere other than our singing group?