Fans on Tuesday

graeme_4

5 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Disagree on lack of effort to be honest. I know the elements were awful, but the players died on their backsides mostly. 

I do agree about fans making more effort to drown out the opposition, but how exactly is that meant to be achieved if they're not interested? 

Personally, I would love to hear more Loyalist songs added into the traditional Rangers songs and I know there are a few that disagree with it being anything to do with Rangers, but it has a lot to do with most of our culture and traditions, whether some Rangers fans like it or not.   But if we want that (which the SNP etc are against), then we would have to put up with the crap from the other side of Glasgow etc also(which I can switch off to if I had to, for us getting our way). 

Other than that, how would we create an atmosphere other than our singing group? 

There's more than enough, nobody joins in though at home.

You can blame the fans sometimes for not being vocal, against the likes of Dundee etc 

But as the manager has said previously it takes the players sometimes to get the fans going and vice versa. They got a good welcome on Tuesday night then their arses collapsed and they conceded an early goal which they never recovered from. 

They got a big boost at half-time from the fans but gave us nothing in return for that. 

The players have been backed more than enough by the fans, the sell outs every single week (along with an 18000 waiting list for season tickets) tell it's own story & it's up to them to take responsibility for things. 

if the players were giving their all and putting in the performances expected of a Rangers player then there would be no need for the fans to get on their backs. But they are not so it will continue and quite rightly so we all pay good money and we want too see a Rangers team fight and play with heart and hopefully get back to winning ways especially in the league and in the domestic cup competitions. And there is one thing about us as Rangers supporters we don't put up with non triers and players not giving one hundred per cent for the blue jersey so if the poor we souls can't handle criticism from the fans they are in the wrong job. In case you didn't know I'm still fucking raging with them and they better get their finger out in these last nine games starting with three points against Kilmarnock on Saturday. 

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Candeias deserved everything he got after that “pass”.

It’s hard for the crowd on a honking Tuesday night against an annoying team to get up for it when they score in the 3rd minute

Terrible post. 

As a supporter I was always positive, (desperate even at times), and always stayed till the end. Realistic, but staunchly optimistic always, that's what football supporters do. 

Can't believe any of our support would down tools and turn on their own, even at a goal down,  just because of one misplaced pass. 

Too many fans seem to think we have a divine right to success. Ain't they learned anything in the past seven years ?

We are up against a hell of a lot still, the team needs our support through the thick and the thin. I personally have no time for the "glory hunters" and the constant moaners who expect instant success on a plate. 

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Terrible post. 

As a supporter I was always positive, (desperate even at times), and always stayed till the end. Realistic, but staunchly optimistic always, that's what football supporters do. 

Can't believe any of our support would down tools and turn on their own, even at a goal down,  just because of one misplaced pass. 

Too many fans seem to think we have a divine right to success. Ain't they learned anything in the past seven years ?

We are up against a hell of a lot still, the team needs our support through the thick and the thin. I personally have no time for the "glory hunters" and the constant moaners who expect instant success on a plate. 

Glory hunters :lol: 

Been though some of the worst results and seasons in our history and yet are called glory hunters, get a grip.

My take on it is dead simple.  Halliday went in full pelt on a tackle in the first minute in the Old Firm game at Ibrox.  When the fuck has Barisic ever, since he joined, put in a fucking tackle that gets you behind him and the team.  Fucking never and when he wasn't invisible he was total pish against the sheep.  It isn't much to ask that the team are up for a battle ffs in a semi-final at Ibrox.

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

Terrible post. 

I could count on in two hands how many domestic games I’ve missed over the last 8 years at least, glory hunter I am not. 

I can forgive a poor decision or pass but that on Tuesday night was nothing short of absolutely abysmal and something that would look out of place in Sunday league. 

He literally had to roll the ball 10 yards where two of our players were waiting. Instead he hit it that hard and wide it went out for a fucking throw in at the opposite end of the ground. 

It wasn’t even the first time of the night he’d done it. It was fucking dreadful. I’d expect any footballer, even semi-pros to make that pass. 

We need quality and Candeias is the first one needing dropped out of our forward play

For those of you who attend on supporters buses please explain the following.  Every bus that passes by as we are walking up to the ground is rocking, sometimes literally.   Time and time again I think its going to be a belting atmosphere only to witness a wall of silence inside Ibrox.  What the fuck happens to all those fans once they leave the buses?

4 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

For those of you who attend on supporters buses please explain the following.  Every bus that passes by as we are walking up to the ground is rocking, sometimes literally.   Time and time again I think its going to be a belting atmosphere only to witness a wall of silence inside Ibrox.  What the fuck happens to all those fans once they leave the buses?

The Colombian wears off, the drink wears off, most importantly the football is pish and we all just want to get back on it asap. Sad but true.

12 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

Sadly that’s ibrox these days. Full of absolute weapons who go genuinely just to moan for 90 minutes.

I’ve seen guys who really look sad when we are winning by a few. 

There's a guy behind us who's exactly this, only happy if he gets his first goalscorer bet up then sits the rest of the game in silence only to start greeting if a pass goes astray. 

20 hours ago, Cedrick said:

OP just described every home game apart from celtic and Europe , I sit in the sandy jardine front , rain was belting in on Wednesday most sensible thing would be to stand till it went off , it would have kept us a bit drier coz our legs wouldn’t be exposed , folk would actually rather get fucking drenched than stand for 15/20 , you need to go to our away games to feel as though your at a proper game most the time 

I sit toward the back of GF3  and cannot believe the amount of folk who moan in my area when people further down stand up. I think most prefer to moan than enjoy themselves tbh