govanblue

*** Last Chance to Feed the Dug

9 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Cheers mate, will you be using PayPal or are you coming to the game ??

Whatever is easier fir you , but I'll be going to the game . 

Edit . And hoping to see Broxi of course . 

5 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Whatever is easier fir you , but I'll be going to the game . 

Edit . And hoping to see Broxi of course . 

Just leave it until tomorrow mate and you can give it to GB or myself when you come to see Broxi. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, govanblue said:

RangersMedia's very own Veteran Companion Dog, Broxi will be braving the rotten weather tomorrow, and will be making an appearance outside Ibrox before kick-off tomorrow.  This will probably be his last appearance as an apprentice, before he sets off on his new working life.

Several members have sent me a donation to give to Broxi/BRAVEHOUND tomorrow.  So far we've collected £165 .  :rangers:

If you would like to contribute a couple of quid towards our Bravehound collection before I hand the cheque over tomorrow, then please PM me, or make a post here, and @Bears r us will point you in the right direction.

One thing I forgot to mention is that whatever we collect this week from Members (currently standing at £165) - we will match that from our Fund coffers.  So effectively, whatever you donate gets doubled.

How good is that??  :rangers:

image.png.3c4a2c173f82b4d9e39d2239382ab0b1.png

image.png.0f401db9c77c540372af49176b2edf69.png

:thumbup:

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Just sent one there!

14 minutes ago, Domthenbud said:

Sent a tenner last night. Forgot to put my name although did put Broxi. Sorry.

Thanks guys. :thumbup:

PS I am sure GB will figure it out Domthenbud 

2 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Just sent one there!

2 hours ago, Domthenbud said:

Sent a tenner last night. Forgot to put my name although did put Broxi. Sorry.

Donations received.  :rangers:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By govanblue
      By popular request, BROXI made a special appearance at Hollybush House on Thursday, where Staff and Residents were delighted to meet him.

He got a taste of the Combat Stress Treatment Regime, which largely involves a bit of wrestling and a bit of tickling. 

We're certainly making him work for his keep. 

Next week, he'll be crossing paws with a Good Few of You Bears at the John Greig Statue (Saturday 16/03/19 - 2pm to 2:45pm)

And depending on Tuesday night, he may have another appearance or two in him yet.

Anyone who would like to support RangersMedia's BROXI - maybe with a song, maybe with a couple of quid, feel free to PM me.

@Bears r us - anything to add?

• By Bears r us
      Meet BROXI – RM Bravehound Dug.
      Mrs B r u and I went along to the Armed Forces Day at Erskine today. Part of the day is a dog show which is run by Bravehound, and we were hoping to maybe see Broxi.
      At first after speaking to Fiona the lady who runs Bravehound it seemed that Broxi would not be there. She explained that the family who have him for about 10 months puppy training might not make it. With that news we thought we would head down to the parade ring and have a look at what other dogs were being shown.
      After about 10 minutes we heard the announcer say “We now have Broxi making his first appearance at a dog  show at 11 weeks old” We both looked at each other and headed closer towards the ring and saw this beautiful pup walking with a lady handler and when they happened to stop close to where we were I did not miss the chance to say “Is that Broxi the RM Bravehound dog?” she said “Yes it was” and although they were still inside the ring she was very happy to get a quick picture. As you can see he looks fantastic and seems so laid back for such a young dog and she said he is like that all the time. In about a year or so someone who needs him is going to get a wonderful companion.

We hope to get a chance to see him again before too long when he is along at the Bravehound centre at Erskine so that I can get more pics and post them on here.
      They are keen for everyone on RM who helped pay for him to be kept up to date with his progress.
    • By govanblue
      Here's something to do on Sunday if you're not heading to Motherwell...

CREATURE COMRADES: ANIMALS IN WW1

Pollok Park - Sunday 26th August  - 12pm to 5pm
      Admission: Free

Over 16 million animals were pressed into service during WW1. Join us at the trenches to explore the vital roles they performed in transport, communications, combat – and solace. 
      Programme:
      1pm and 3pm: Four Legs Better Dog Show  - Explore dogs’ unique abilities that made them indispensible to humans in WW1 with expert dog trainers from Kirkintilloch and District Dog Training Club. Put your pup through their paces on our agility course!
      2pm: Birdmail  - Join Malcolm Moy, pigeon fancier for a talk about pigeons’ vital work as frontline messengers and their enduring importance in communication through the ages.
      4pm: Helping Heal Invisible Wounds - Join Bravehound to find out more about the charity’s important work supporting dogs and veterans. Also with all day stand and display.
      All Day: Winged Messengers  - A showing of racing and fancy pigeon’s with expert on hand to answer your questions about homing ability, speed and why pigeons were so vital to frontline communications in WWI.
      All Day: A Dog’s Tale - Interactive storytelling sessions exploring a dog’s experience of war using powerful, first-hand accounts of love, cruelty, hope and survival.
      All Day: Ask a WW1 soldier Living history experts occupy the trenches and answer your questions about life as a soldier serving with animals.
      All Day Activities: Pigeon Mission! Decorate your pigeon glider with a secret message, then see how far it can fly on our training course and Choose your Mascot badge making

And our very own Broxi will be there.

So head along!

• By govanblue
      BRAVEHOUND are in the running for a £50,000 National Lottery Award - but they need votes to win it.
      Voting ends this weekend.  I didn't realise that or I'd have started this thread earlier. 
      But I'm sure there's still time for enough Troops to rally to the cause.
      So please vote here, now...
      https://www.thepeoplesprojects.org.uk/projects/view/bravehound-taking-the-lead
      Notice also that the face for this campaign is our very own Erskine Veteran Jimmy, seen here with his BRAVEHOUND companion Bracken, but also often to be seen at Ibrox with his old army mate, enjoying the match courtesy of the RM Erskine Fund members' season ticket scheme.  It's a small world, eh?

And here's a BBC World Service piece from recently  featuring BRAVEHOUND...
      https://www.glenart.co.uk/projects/bbcworldservice.mp3

Oh, and we'll be sealing the deal on our very own puppy next week.  Pictures to follow.

• By govanblue
      Why rent, when you can buy?

Original target: £420
      Amount raised (so far...)  £1362.64

So that will get us a nice little Labrador pup. Cost: £950
      And no, we're not calling him William of Orange (Pigeon) - we're calling him Broxi.  
      And little Broxi is gonna need insurance.  That's gonna cost £500, plus an extra £100 for Vets fees not covered by the insurance.
      So yeah, we still need a little bit more in the way of donations - unless you want me to dip in to the Erskine Fund?