Defoe's future at Ibrox

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sutton is a shit stirring cunt. Defoe will not be our main striker next year. I would suggest when anyone sees an article by the cunt , don’t even read it. 

Shit stirring ? We as support must get thicker skin if an observation about Defoe being an unfit, overhyped, overpaid, underperforming number NINE; ruffles our feathers.

There is nothing in Suttons column that merits debate, sadly.

With most teams now playing 5 in midfield it would take serious quality for us to go with 2 upfront.  We’d highly likely need a full new middle 4 as they’d have to quick with their brains and comfortable taking the ball under pressure.  As far as I’m concerned Defoe can only play with another that does most of the hard/dirty work- abit like how Boyd could only play with Miller.    

I think Defoe will be gone in the summer and we’ll line up with different players but assume system

38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The problem is playing him the same way as we do with Morelos, it's mind boggling. 

Nail on the head 👍

Defoe thrives on quality delivery into the box. We tried to pump big long balls at him when he started. 

He's capable of scoring goals but he needs players behind him capable of playing the killer pass. 

29 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

Shit stirring ? We as support must get thicker skin if an observation about Defoe being an unfit, overhyped, overpaid, underperforming number NINE; ruffles our feathers.

There is nothing in Suttons column that merits debate, sadly.

I never mentioned Defoe being unfit, overhyped, overpaid, underperforming. I said don’t read Sutton’s shite. Think you’ve got me wrong here. He’s still a shit stirring cunt. I don’t read his drivel as it’s to get clicks. 

He’s obviously not long term but he’s still got enough about him to find the net regularly if we had a team capable of creating chances. We create next to fuck all and when I was seeing Defoe trying to win balls in the air 30 yards from their goal it sums up everything that’s wrong about this shite. Him and Morelos dropping back to try and make things happen because our midfield and wide men are fucking shite 

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/03/2019 at 21:03, Swagger said:

He’s obviously not long term but he’s still got enough about him to find the net regularly if we had a team capable of creating chances. We create next to fuck all and when I was seeing Defoe trying to win balls in the air 30 yards from their goal it sums up everything that’s wrong about this shite. Him and Morelos dropping back to try and make things happen because our midfield and wide men are fucking shite 

Spot on. We need a major clearout of our midfield, keep Middleton and Jack maybe Kamara but punt the rest asap. 

At the end of the day, Morelos is our biggest asset. There's nothing to play for competition wise, so we'd be aswell coaching the team to just ping crosses and through balls to Morelos all day in the hope of pushing his fee higher and higher. He should be taking EVERY. SINGLE. PENALTY. And that has been true ever since we realised the league was over and he'd be out the door in summer. Defoe will have to sit this one out.

The money we get for Morelos will eclipse what we earn for anything else we do this season. It could even eclipse what we would have earned for winning the league if we got knocked out in the CL qualifiers.

Even the crowd should be chanting his name louder so the clips sent to big money teams sound like we all adore him (which we absolutely fucking do)!

20 minutes ago, simplythebestest said:

At the end of the day, Morelos is our biggest asset. There's nothing to play for competition wise, so we'd be aswell coaching the team to just ping crosses and through balls to Morelos all day in the hope of pushing his fee higher and higher. He should be taking EVERY. SINGLE. PENALTY. And that has been true ever since we realised the league was over and he'd be out the door in summer. Defoe will have to sit this one out.

The money we get for Morelos will eclipse what we earn for anything else we do this season. It could even eclipse what we would have earned for winning the league if we got knocked out in the CL qualifiers.

Even the crowd should be chanting his name louder so the clips sent to big money teams sound like we all adore him (which we absolutely fucking do)!

I agree, give him every penalty and just maybe he hits 40. That would certainly add to his price tag.

He's been shit let's face it, and all the talk of what a statement signing he was etc. looks embarrassing now.

It's got nothing to do with us not 'playing to his strengths' or similar, he's just not mobile enough anymore to get that half yard in front of the defender.

Would have torn the league up a few years ago. The only thing that needs tearing up now is his loan deal.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He's been shit let's face it, and all the talk of what a statement signing he was etc. looks embarrassing now.

It's got nothing to do with us not 'playing to his strengths' or similar, he's just not mobile enough anymore to get that half yard in front of the defender.

Would have torn the league up a few years ago. The only thing that needs tearing up now is his loan deal.

He was brought in as cover to Morelos and has bagged 5 in 9 games in the leaguem. Most of which are off the bench, averaging a goal every 87 minutes.

Relax

25 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He was brought in as cover to Morelos and has bagged 5 in 9 games in the leaguem. Most of which are off the bench, averaging a goal every 87 minutes.

Relax

He was a great player in his day and seems like a good guy to have around the squad, but those stats are misleading and for me he hasn't had anywhere near the impact people hoped he would.

Not doubting his finishing which is still fantastic and he took his goal against Aberdeen particularly well, but the way teams set up against us if you can't get into or find space for yourself you won't get chances to score.