Goldson

RangersMedia

13 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

They underestimated the standard of the game up here when they brought the journeymen in.

This for me, they thought anyone with premier league experience would automatically be a stand out in this division. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

😂😂 it's all good mate 

I was more angry on Tuesday night. I honestly expected us to drop points today so weirdly I'm annoyed but not raging 

We excel against teams that come out and want to play but struggle against those who sit in. 

It's a fact we've known all season long but it still doesn't make it any less frustrating. 

22 minutes ago, tannerall said:

That was down to Goldson's lack of pace coming back, Katic's indecision and McGregor losing the plot. All three to blame, in my opinion as Katic is the least experienced of the three either McGregor or Goldson should have been calling it, 

You are fucking nuts or clueless if you think Goldson is in any way involved in that goal. 

12 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Katic is shite in possession mate.

He knows he is so just clears his limes,

Must be watching a different player

If anything that’s what Goldson does after 20 minutes of prancing towards the half way line like a scared child 

Katic has had one/two bad games when his confidence was shot by being inexplicably dropped, I’m sick of seeing him slated 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You are fucking nuts or clueless if you think Goldson is in any way involved in that goal. 

I think the problem is he wasn't, was too far off the pace chasing back. I think he has to take some responsibility.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

If anything that’s what Goldson does after 20 minutes of prancing towards the half way line like a scared child 

Katic has had one/two bad games when his confidence was shot by being inexplicably dropped, I’m sick of seeing him slated 

Katic has 2 right angled trianglesas feet. If he tried to his an outside of the foot pass he would kick himself in the face.

It's starting to annoy me the lack of footballing knowledge on here man. You actually see McGregor refuse early releases yo Katic and prefer Goldson. Every professional player is pointing towards the opposite view of you yet you continue to talk pish. 

Fucking look at his simple passes even the easiest are a half yard out but not noticeable if your clueless.

Fuck me

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I think the problem is he wasn't, was too far off the pace chasing back. I think he has to take some responsibility.

A centre half pairing always has an understanding of one attack the ball one cover, one press the danger one cover, that was Katic's man. Goldson was fuck all to do with this goal

McGregor was fucking idiotic, but forced into idiocy by Katic's lack of tactical awareness.

Guy averaged nine games per season in the two seasons before joining Rangers.  He has played almost 45 games this season, guy probably needs a break plus he played through a couple of injuries.  Guy is a solid investment.  

43 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

You're usually on point mate but I'm disagreeing here. I thought Katic was an absolute bomb scare today and at equal fault for the goal as McGregor.

Agree to an extent.

Goldson was positionally poor a good few times. Lucky not to see a red. Katics touch was pretty abysmal a fair few times. 

So many unforced errors and basic mistakes. Every game now, be it CHs, Kamara, whoever.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Guy averaged nine games per season in the two seasons before joining Rangers.  He has played almost 45 games this season, guy probably needs a break plus he played through a couple of injuries.  Guy is a solid investment.  

He does look worn out. Good point. 

21 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Must be.

I'm not saying that Katic isn't a decent enough player, I like his attitude and with the right coaching could be a really decent CB. He's shite in possession though, good thing is he knows his limitations so is comfortable just aimlessly kicking balls out of play, rather than do what Goldson/Worrall might do and trust their own limited ability and get caught out.

Shame, Goldsons early signs were he had ability. I can't see us making our money back on him.

His pace is a massive issue 

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A centre half pairing always has an understanding of one attack the ball one cover, one press the danger one cover, that was Katic's man. Goldson was fuck all to do with this goal

McGregor was fucking idiotic, but forced into idiocy by Katic's lack of tactical awareness.

Yes, Shagger fucked up no doubt about it. 

Goldson has never recovered any sort of decent form since his injury. Needs a good rest out of the team. Maybe he's never regained full fitness... shouldn't be playing if that's the case.

I don't agree with the Katic criticism. Has hardly played and made a couple of mistakes but played well considering. Good in the air and on the ground doesn't hang about for ages like Goldson before passing it. A run of games would suit him but we're running out of matches now.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

Goldson has never recovered any sort of decent form since his injury. Needs a good rest out of the team. Maybe he's never regained full fitness... shouldn't be playing if that's the case.

I don't agree with the Katic criticism. Has hardly played and made a couple of mistakes but played well considering. Good in the air and on the ground doesn't hang about for ages like Goldson before passing it. A run of games would suit him but we're running out of matches now.

Im sure he said after the Aberdeen game he came back he still wasn't 100 percent but wasn't wanting to miss the game, doing more harm than good now.

44 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Katic has 2 right angled trianglesas feet. If he tried to his an outside of the foot pass he would kick himself in the face.

It's starting to annoy me the lack of footballing knowledge on here man. You actually see McGregor refuse early releases yo Katic and prefer Goldson. Every professional player is pointing towards the opposite view of you yet you continue to talk pish. 

Fucking look at his simple passes even the easiest are a half yard out but not noticeable if your clueless.

Fuck me

Aye youre right Goldson is black Maradona and with your supreme knowledge about the game maybe you should be manager 

McGregor refuses early releases in general as he loves a shanked punt out to the right touchline and always has done, with your supreme footballing knowledge man I’m surprised you haven’t noticed this

Katic makes quick accurate passes, Goldson aimless lobs as far as I can tell 

23 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Aye youre right Goldson is black Maradona and with your supreme knowledge about the game maybe you should be manager 

McGregor refuses early releases in general as he loves a shanked punt out to the right touchline and always has done, with your supreme footballing knowledge man I’m surprised you haven’t noticed this

Katic makes quick accurate passes, Goldson aimless lobs as far as I can tell 

McGregor is probably the most 'early release' keeper I can think of in our recent history. 

Are you visually or mentally impared? That's a genuine question as I can't think of any other reason you'd be so fucking idiotic.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Loads of our squad have never played near this number of games in their careers. Anyone that wasn't expecting form issues, injuries, players being knackered etc has been kidding themselves on.

Aye I've been saying it on here for a few weeks now our players look really leggy and when we are chasing the game it's even more apparent. I mean Tav was outstrengthed by Greg Taylor a few times and that is 100% down to tiredness

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Katic makes quick accurate passes is one of the most crazy things I've ever read on here.

Haha I love Niko but even I can't defend that one

Recently though Goldson is far too slow in stepping out and our midfielders are too quick to come deep to collect the ball. He used to be so much more aggressive which is why I'm saying he needs some time out 

22 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

McGregor is probably the most 'early release' keeper I can think of in our recent history. 

Are you visually or mentally impared? That's a genuine question as I can't think of any other reason you'd be so fucking idiotic.

You’re insane or at the wind up if you think McGregor regularly releases the ball early when it’s about the only thing that stopped him being a very top keeper