At what point does gerrard become sackable

First up he shouldnt be before people think thats my point, however the excuse that its his first season, he needs time to make his own squad etc, surely they can only be used so long

Warburton got one transfer window for the premiership, and nowhere near the budget gerrard has gotten, yup he made an arse of it but still it was one window

Pedro got one window to build his team and clear us of the players not good enough from warburtons era, again, while he was backed more than Warburton it still wasnt to gerrards level

Gerrard has had two windows now and a greater budget, the european run has earned him leeway just and no more, but even then thats wearing thin

We are no better in the league now than we were under the previous 2, teams do not fear us, they suss us out before we suss ourselves out, and they know our tactics will not change

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldnt even be up for debate atm.

This is half the problem we need to give a manager some time. The guy has only had 2 transfer windows. 

We are a better team than last year imo there is no doubt about it but we still have too many players who are mentally weak. 

This summer will be a huge window for us as a club and Gerrard as a manager going forward

Warburton had three windows to fix a central defence and ignored it. 

Caixinha fucked it himself with results. 

Gerrard's team at times have shown how good we can be when we're against a side who wants to come out and play, there are positives to build on. 

Repeated myself countless times on here since December that we need quality in the middle of the park to break down these teams that sit in but we haven't got the quality to do so. 

Knew we were taking on a rookie manager, with all that entails. It's his seeming passivity in the face of unacceptable results that's beginning to grate.

He'll have my undivided support until 2020, but I hope to fuck he's showing more anger behind closed doors.

Just now, BigBearButt said:

It shouldnt even be up for debate atm.

This is half the problem we need to give a manager some time. The guy has only had 2 transfer windows. 

We are a better team than last year imo there is no doubt about it but we still have too many players who are mentally weak. 

This summer will be a huge window for us as a club and Gerrard as a manager going forward

The two previous managers had one window and less budget, also being better than last year is debateable, this is seemingly the first time ever than aberdeen have beaten us three times in one season 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Warburton had three windows to fix a central defence and ignored it. 

Caixinha fucked it himself with results. 

Gerrard's team at times have shown how good we can be when we're against a side who wants to come out and play, there are positives to build on. 

Repeated myself countless times on here since December that we need quality in the middle of the park to break down these teams that sit in but we haven't got the quality to do so. 

Warburton never had 3 windows, what player of Premier league title winning quality would come to us while in the championship ffs

Also pedro got binned after drawing 1-1 at home to killie, gerrards done that twice now

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

This time next season in the same situation. 

Anything earlier and your a taig in disguise. 

It is the only scenario I see now though tbh

He will get the next season but winners on the park don't necessarily make winners as managers   

The list of faults is stacking up now 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Warburton never had 3 windows, what player of Premier league title winning quality would come to us while in the championship ffs

January his first season, the following summer then January. 

He had plenty of time, revisionism at its best. 

Also, nobody is talking about signing PL defenders ffs. 

He now has 8 games to prove he's the man for the job. If this season ends with the same level of shit performances we've seen over the last week serious questions need asked. 

All I've ever wanted to see under the last 3 managers has been improvement, yet I don't think it's wrong to suggest we've actually got worse as the seasons gone on. That is not a good sign in my opinion. 

I don't think he's sackable before around this time next season at the earliest and even then that assumes we've been dumped out of both cup competitions and are miles off the pace in the league. 

Even then - even then - he might still be safe from sacking as by then King is bound to have firmly on his near-horizon radar the ambitions for 150th anniversary and unless its patently clear that some sort of continuing form / results disaster is unfolding before him that could not be quickly reversed he may want to keep faith with Gerrard in the hope that he can eventually produce a cup winning and title winning side.    Toughing out the storm of protest from the Support that'd be bound to have surfaced if we're in the same boat as now this time next season. 

As my dear chum ED and I said from day one Ibrox is no place for a rookie manager with of course one glorious exception, we are winning nothing this year not even respect, he can walk anytime for me.

Back in the day we expected at Ibrox, today that has been replaced by the snowflake dogma of "hope", not for this old chap it hasn't ! 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The two previous managers had one window and less budget, also being better than last year is debateable, this is seemingly the first time ever than aberdeen have beaten us three times in one season 

And twice at Ibrox. 

I think he should get another season but what annoys me is that we are losing points for exactly the same reason in most games. Gerrard needs to make the relevant changes to counter that. 

Tav might end up being his downfall if he continues to play him in the role he does!

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Sick of seeing Aberdeen and Killie being talked about. 

The football they have played against us has been brutal and would get football stopped.

The majority of these games it has been individual mistakes by our players (again today) or 'honest mistakes' from the ref which have cost us the points.

You cannot tell me you believe Aberdeen are a better team than us?

As i said above we have too many mentally weak players. The manager will see this clear as day and hopefully he gets the backing to bring in better players.

The board took on a massive risk in hiring Stevie and as a fanbase we all knew the pros/cons and they are pretty much playing out as expected.

We can't start again, again.

In hiring him in the first place we had to back him for a minimum of 2 years. 

I think he needs a better No.2 next to him to usher him through. I'm probably way off the mark but I don't know what Gary M brings to the table.

I think he should go in the summer for the good of the club.

he may improve slightly next season but it still won’t be good enough, unless he gets a fortune to spend on players, and by this time next season he will probably get binned and they will have 9 in the bag. 

Experienced manager in at the summer and hopefully a good manager will have enough to bridge the financial gap with the tims 

Archived