At what point does gerrard become sackable

54 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Pish.

John was a lightweight shitebag who constantly shat out of challenges, all he had was pace. That's why he's only played 8 times this season, he was terrible.

Barisic is a Croatian international who's only been here around 6 months and is clearly taking time to adjust to the Scottish game. 

I'm still a Gerrard fan. But John could actually beat a man or two and create something. Barisic, a better player on paper, hasn't captured the form he should be capable of yet. Fingers crossed he comes good but I wouldn't bet on it. Lots of players have come here and disappointed despite their apparent pedigree. See Bruno Alves.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be very surprised if Gerrard is here this time next year going by this season. I can't see how he turns this shitshow around without a massive clear out. Even before we can to that point, things will get so, so much worse. 

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

I'm still a Gerrard fan. But John could actually beat a man or two and create something. Barisic, a better player on paper, hasn't captured the form he should be capable of yet. Fingers crossed he comes good but I wouldn't bet on it. Lots of players have come here and disappointed despite their apparent pedigree. See Bruno Alves.

I wasn't a fan of John at all tbh.

Barisic has the quality there, even if he hasn't shown it yet. Hopefully we get more out of him next season. 

16 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Mate I'm no happy but why do.we do sack Stevie then who?

Sack him.after 5 months then who? Then another guy comes in?

Some.cunts seem to want to compare him to a guy that argued wae fans in a hedge and compare him to Gerrard :lol:

the progress is stagnating but there is progress there for all to see ffs

People think progress is winning the league in his first season against a side who've been together for years and won back to back trebles,so they'll whinge and bitch and moan for Walter to come back when even he couldn't do it. 

We've completely collapsed since the winter break but then we've still got players who've downed tools under previous managers, so the guy is fucked regardless. 

18 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I wasn't a fan of John at all tbh.

Barisic has the quality there, even if he hasn't shown it yet. Hopefully we get more out of him next season. 

Hope you're right. It's a crazy day when your Croatian international can't get in the team ahead of Andy Halliday, no disrespect to Andy.

Agree with the majority of posts. This time next season will be a gauge to how Gerrard has grown as a manager. Very steep learning curve for him here, but I still think with some patience from us, he can bring us Silverware. 

Tactically, his inexperience is there for all to see and criticise, but what do we expect from a rookie manager? The reality is that the start of the season gave everyone high expectations. The European run was outstanding and gave everyone a well overdue boost, however, it created a false dawn. 

We have to realise that the tic have been poor this season. With their resource they should have won the league by Christmas. Only positive is that they’ve mismanaged that resource. Rodgers obviously had issue with it and fled. Next season will be a big transition for them. They’ll loose 2 or 3 key players in the summer - Tierney, McGregor, Forrest. They’ll have to rebuild and although their pockets may be deeper than ours, it’ll take them time to adjust. 

We don’t need wholesale changes, again... get rid of dead wood yes (Flanagan, Laferty, Coulibaly, Davis). We need to start giving Katic some game time, I don’t mind Worral, but I can’t for the life of me understand why we’re developing a guy who clearly has no ambition staying here long term. Tav is still a stick on for me, agree he’s not captain material, but if he’s here next season I’d be happy. 

Think we can safely say that Morelos will be off. Anything over £10M should help with a decent replacement or 3. We need a partnership up front and not rely on one player to score 80% of the total goals in a season. 

Just hope Gerrard can kick on from what has been a very gruelling introduction to his new chosen profession. For me though, he still has the most important ingredients and that is a hunger to succeed and a winners mentality. Hopefully the other areas of his locker can get up to speed, quickly!

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

People think progress is winning the league in his first season against a side who've been together for years and won back to back trebles,so they'll whinge and bitch and moan for Walter to come back when even he couldn't do it. 

We've completely collapsed since the winter break but then we've still got players who've downed tools under previous managers, so the guy is fucked regardless. 

I won't go into it. But Walter will never be back. There a reason and it doesn't involve football.

People need to fucjing let the biggest Mr Rangers in out lifetime see his life out 

5 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I won't go into it. But Walter will never be back. There a reason and it doesn't involve football.

People need to fucjing let the biggest Mr Rangers in out lifetime see his life out 

Without saying. Most of us that are true supporters would agree with what your saying, he’s earned his time, and it’s probably hurting him more than it is us but that doesn’t mean he should come back 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

It's embarrassing the constant cries for him to return. 

I wasn't old enough to really remember 9IAR but when he came back I knew instantly that shit was about to change. 

The service that man has gave our club is impeccable, older bears had Willie Waddell and Jock Wallace but as you say Walter to us is Rangers personified. 

27 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I’ve no doubt we will win the league next season 

5 hours ago, BigBearButt said:

Sick of seeing Aberdeen and Killie being talked about. 

The football they have played against us has been brutal and would get football stopped.

The majority of these games it has been individual mistakes by our players (again today) or 'honest mistakes' from the ref which have cost us the points.

You cannot tell me you believe Aberdeen are a better team than us?

As i said above we have too many mentally weak players. The manager will see this clear as day and hopefully he gets the backing to bring in better players.

Talking to the old guy next to me today about poor attendances at the sheep etc. No wonder they are fucking awful to watch. Killie were the same today  anything they could do to waste time -guys falling over 'injured' then ok a minute later! All to steal a point. Supposed to be entertainment ffs.

Don't think the taigs would appreciate Clarke's 'style' of play if he ever ended up there either.

Was glad Goldson halfed their guy in two as we had to watch that happening to our players all game.

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Without saying. Most of us that are true supporters would agree with what your saying, he’s earned his time, and it’s probably hurting him more than it is us but that doesn’t mean he should come back 

Mate text me I tell you why but it won't happen every anymore and I'm.glad he won't.

He doesn't deserve the shower of shite that's here now 

12 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Talking to the old guy next to me today about poor attendances at the sheep etc. No wonder they are fucking awful to watch. Killie were the same today  anything they could do to waste time -guys falling over 'injured' then ok a minute later! All to steal a point. Supposed to be entertainment ffs.

Don't think the taigs would appreciate Clarke's 'style' of play if he ever ended up there either.

Was glad Goldson halfed their guy in two as we had to watch that happening to our players all game.

I'd give my left ball to play like that and win.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

This brought a flashback

From sheep away ? 😃, mate today was a hard one to take, I fucked off at half time, left the wife at the game, to much for me to accept. Cunts can form their own opinions wether I’m right or not for my actions but you’ve met me in person, and I don’t take these things lightly. Today broke my fuckiing heart Williamson no question, we deserve better 

1 minute ago, 1690tamRFC said:

From sheep away ? 😃, mate today was a hard one to take, I fucked off at half time, left the wife at the game, to much for me to accept. Cunts can form their own opinions wether I’m right or not for my actions but you’ve met me in person, and I don’t take these things lightly. Today broke my fuckiing heart Williamson no question, we deserve better 

After the sheep game mate :lol:

Nah I get it pal, I didn't even bother watching the second half tbh. It just felt like every other season recently when we would go in at the break with nothing left to win in the season and I couldn't be fucked with it. 

You're a top guy mate, one of the weird ones that understands what it's like to travel fucking miles to even get near a home game :lol:

55 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

You're right, we have players that downed tools under previous managers, but since the summer transfer window we've signed 16 players, so begs the question why the fuck are we using players from previous regime who downed tools 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

You're right, we have players that downed tools under previous managers, but since the summer transfer window we've signed 16 players, so begs the question why the fuck are we using players from previous regime who downed tools 

16 players and sods law dictates that probably a quarter of them are ever going to work out. 

Most of the money that was spent was on the boys from the Balkans who have been hit with injuries and clearly need time to adapt. 

Archived