At what point does gerrard become sackable

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Canny get over people not caring about it, dreading the thought of it

If it ever came to pass it would be a shadow over us that many would be unable to handle, all the bravado in the world couldn’t change that.

but making sure they never reach 10 can !

50 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Is it? Arfield and shagger were linked way before gerrard, he had kent, goldson and worrall, and two of them were on loan, 

Even if you want to give him arfield and shagger thats less than half the team that day, and two of them will go back to their parent clubs in the summer

But Gerrard was linked and even spotted at Ibrox way back last March, he was at the 3-2 game! Surely it’s fair to assume that perhaps discussions were underway back then and that he did have a say in Arfield and Shagger especially considering it was a week or 2 later after they signed that Gerrard was unveiled? 

And the only thing that really shows that if he gets more money and time he’ll be able to weed out the players he never signed/deemed not good enough considering that was the first time we beat the tims in the league since 2012 and it was under Gerrard? 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

If we get the finger out, we should be looking at beating them both home and away. If that happens, it will be touch and go in the last couple of games.

Already under Lennon I can see they are going back the way.

I hope and pray he gets the gig full time.

Since Rodgers left we have had a win and 2 draws compared to a draw and 2 wins for them - they have increased the gap.

Also in the same time they have defeated Hibs at Easter road whilst we could only draw and avoided defeat at home by the sheep.

its similar when people point out that their bottle will go.......the only bottle going is ours frequently and the only points/games being lost is by us.

17 minutes ago, King Jela said:

But Gerrard was linked and even spotted at Ibrox way back last March, he was at the 3-2 game! Surely it’s fair to assume that perhaps discussions were underway back then and that he did have a say in Arfield and Shagger especially considering it was a week or 2 later after they signed that Gerrard was unveiled? 

And the only thing that really shows that if he gets more money and time he’ll be able to weed out the players he never signed/deemed not good enough considering that was the first time we beat the tims in the league since 2012 and it was under Gerrard? 

Theres no way a club signs a player based on a manager who hasnt even signed yet, thats suicide

We're still hearing about 1967, and that was 50 odd year ago. I couldn't give a fuck about records. We can all trot them out. Just like life in general, the most important point is where you are TODAY, not yesterday, last month, or 30 years ago.

And today isn't great, but we will be great again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Our day will come. Have faith.

3 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We're still hearing about 1967, and that was 50 odd year ago. I couldn't give a fuck about records. We can all trot them out. Just like life in general, the most important point is where you are TODAY, not yesterday, last month, or 30 years ago.

And today isn't great, but we will be great again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Our day will come. Have faith.

I’m more worried about how bad the damage could be by the time we win the league again tbh. 

Just now, King Jela said:

I’m more worried about how bad the damage could be by the time we win the league again tbh. 

We are not that far away from them.

After what has happened to us over the last 7 years, they should be out of sight season after season after season.

They are not. And if we had just been a little bit better this season, we probably would have won the league.

Folks are scared of what celtic fans will say to them if they win 10?

Well try this.... have no papes in your life, don't buy or read newspapers, don't watch sportscene or listen to Radio Snyde.

Where is comes to Scottish football, This forum and this forum only is my source of information. It has served me well over the last few years.

Gerrard: “I will make it my business to make this team better to compete better and to keep closing in (on celtic),” he said. “I can guarantee that will happen. If it doesn’t then I understand the situation.

“Sitting here right now I have confidence I can take this team forward and make it a winning team.

“Of course, there has to be an element of patience. Everyone who is educated about the game knows that Rome wasn’t built in a day and knows the size of the job I took over.

“But we need to win now. We are at a club that demands we need to win now. I’d be very naive to say this is a project and say that I need two years, three years, four years.

“We need to compete for what’s available now. We have nine games to finish the season as strong as we can and to push and that’s the short-term plan.

“Then my job is to make us compete for the next trophies that are available. I’m here to win what’s next available. I don’t want to be part of a project. The players need to understand that and the message to the fans is that’s my thinking.

“But if I don’t win the next three or four things that are available maybe I won’t be sitting here. I’m aware of that.”

Gerrard added: "We need to win yesterday. I’m at a club that demands you need to win now. I’d be very naive to say this is a project and I need two years, three years, four years. We need to compete for what’s available now.

"We’ve got nine games left now to push and finish the season and see if something happens. That’s the short-term plan.

"And then my job is to improve things and make us better to try and compete for the next thing that’s available.

"I’m here to win the next thing that’s available. I don’t want to be part of a project. I want to win what’s next. The players need to understand that. My message to the fans is that’s my thinking.

"If I don’t win the next three or four things that are available maybe I won’t be here speaking to you. I’m aware of that. I want to win the next thing. That’s my mentality. The next thing."

14 comments.

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/Rangers/news/17505409.steven-gerrard-i-need-to-win-one-of-the-next-four-trophies-or-ill-be-sacked-as-Rangers-manager/

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

We are not that far away from them.

After what has happened to us over the last 7 years, they should be out of sight season after season after season.

They are not. And if we had just been a little bit better this season, we probably would have won the league.

Folks are scared of what celtic fans will say to them if they win 10?

Well try this.... have no papes in your life, don't buy or read newspapers, don't watch sportscene or listen to Radio Snyde.

Where is comes to Scottish football, This forum and this forum only is my source of information. It has served me well over the last few years.

The whole 10 in a row thing isn't really something to brag about when for the first 5 they had absolutely no one who could mount any challenge at all. Outside scotand no one will give one fuck whatsoever. To put it in perspective Croatia Zagreb won 11 and bate Borisov are on 14 or something at the minute. Outside Croatia and Belarus no one knows and no one cares. No one.Obviously I hope they don't but If they do achieve it and it effects you like its the end of the world then I reckon you maybe need to get things in perspective. If they got it and we won the next one then that next one would still feel as good to win. 

20 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

The whole 10 in a row thing isn't really something to brag about when for the first 5 they had absolutely no one who could mount any challenge at all. Outside scotand no one will give one fuck whatsoever. To put it in perspective Croatia Zagreb won 11 and bate Borisov are on 14 or something at the minute. Outside Croatia and Belarus no one knows and no one cares. No one.Obviously I hope they don't but If they do achieve it and it effects you like its the end of the world then I reckon you maybe need to get things in perspective. If they got it and we won the next one then that next one would still feel as good to win. 

I couldn't agree more, spot on, and to prove your point, I had no idea about those clubs in Belarus and Croatia having won so many titles on the run. The last one i can remember was Rosenborg in Norway not long after we won 9iar.

So yes, who gives a flying fuck.

When we win it, and we will, the country will collapse into their own pit of shite. I can't wait.

15 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I agree that it’s not much to brag over considering the circumstances but it’ll still be hard to swallow. You are right though, I had no idea about Zagreb and Borisiv, wow! No matter how much they end up getting we have to make our next period of dominance count, something before 2012 I felt we hadn’t really done enough off after O’Neil’s period at the taigs. Man United did it after not winning the league for over 20+ years, the tims have after we dominated the 90’s, Barcelona have only lost out on 3 La Ligas since 2008 and Juve have dominated Italy since their own demotion. So lessons to be learned on how to conquer there! 

10iar counts for fuck all.

But just to show that  Iam not just a bitter, sectarian bigot, to me a 'treble treble' is something to be proud of, and I congratulate them on it, if as expected they do achieve it.

To win 9 competions on the bounce takes a bit of doing.

Hats off.

4 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Fuck 10iar tbh. Half of them won with us out the league.

Personally, I think a treble treble is way more of an achievement.

Before we won 9-IN-A-ROW those cunts never shut up about it.  They kept banging on about them winning the nine as one of their greatest achievements.  When we won the 9 it shut those bastards up permanently.  If they get 10, trust me, we'll be hearing about it forever.  It'll be nothing short of a fucking disaster.  We need to prevent it from happening.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Before we won 9-IN-A-ROW those cunts never shut up about it.  They kept banging on about them winning the nine and one of their greatest achievements.  When we won the 9 it shut those bastards up permanently.  If they get 10, trust me, we'll be hearing about it forever.  It'll be nothing short of a fucking disaster.  We need to prevent it from happening.

They would shut up about it if we were dominant the following seasons after and won 4-5-6 in a row. Football fans are fickle and there’s no awards for past glories. 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

They would shut up about it if we were dominant the following seasons after and won 4-5-6 in a row. Football fans are fickle and there’s no awards for past glories. 

Exactly, it's what your doing today that matters, yesterday counts for fuck all.

A brief 15 minutes of glory, then life starts again, and you move on.

Football is no different.

26 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

10iar counts for fuck all.

But just to show that  Iam not just a bitter, sectarian bigot, to me a 'treble treble' is something to be proud of, and I congratulate them on it, if as expected they do achieve it.

To win 9 competions on the bounce takes a bit of doing.

Hats off.

Absolutely minging that, fuck them and fuck ever congratulating the fenian cunts.

Archived