At what point does gerrard become sackable

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that would really piss me off is if the filth won The European Cup.

And that ain't happening EVER.

We have already been through every single possible humiliation that they can throw at us.

And, we've survived.

Not only survived, but we're recovering, not as quickly as we hope, but we are getting stronger, and we will get there.

31 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

10iar counts for fuck all.

But just to show that  Iam not just a bitter, sectarian bigot, to me a 'treble treble' is something to be proud of, and I congratulate them on it, if as expected they do achieve it.

To win 9 competions on the bounce takes a bit of doing.

Hats off.

Are you the guy who stopped Brendan Rodgers in the Clyde tunnel to congratulate him on winning the league? 

People don't realise that even if they get 9, 10 or 11 or 12, as soon as they lose one, they are going to go into complete and utter fucking meltdown.

They will turn on their club like savage dogs and tear them apart.

The East End of Glasgow will be ablaze.

They will be ripping each other's heads off.

The media will put a blanket ban on reporting our victory and be spewing for months.

Holyrood will shut down for weeks as they recover.

The River Clyde will be littered with deed corpses.

It will be total mayhem, and the fulfilling of their Book of Apocalypse.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Absolutely minging that, fuck them and fuck ever congratulating the fenian cunts.

Of course iam not going to be congratulating them, I was trying to highlight a point that winning 9 competitions on the bounce is a far greater achievement, than winning 10iar when for half of those titles we were not in the same league.

4 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Have always criticised others for saying it but after reading this thread it's hard not to think people are still in awe because of who he is

Murty had us in a title race in mid March and got slaughtered far worse than Gerrard 

Definitely. 

Getting an easy ride. I watched the Sunday Supplement yesterday and they are glowing about him. Say he has been the most impressive of all new British ex player managers this season. At the start of the season he savages his players after poor results and got a response. He’s now not getting that response from his players. We haven’t won in 3 games and he looks flat. I have a feeling he won’t last the season. Will be mutual  

2 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Getting an easy ride. I watched the Sunday Supplement yesterday and they are glowing about him. Say he has been the most impressive of all new British ex player managers this season. At the start of the season he savages his players after poor results and got a response. He’s now not getting that response from his players. We haven’t won in 3 games and he looks flat. I have a feeling he won’t last the season. Will be mutual  

Not a hard task really because most of them have been shite :lol:

2 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

Lampard could take Derby up, Gerrard's season is over. Strange logic.

Not sure how I feel, after the last three games I think “nah, it’s not happening, if we can’t beat shite like Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock it shows he doesn’t have the makings of a Rangers manager”.

Then I read what he says about things and he convinces me that he knows what needs to happen and he’s the man to make it happen.

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Have always criticised others for saying it but after reading this thread it's hard not to think people are still in awe because of who he is

Murty had us in a title race in mid March and got slaughtered far worse than Gerrard 

Murty that lost to Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock twice, Hibs, beat 4 and 5 off them? 

That Murty? 

4 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

There's no debate he's being giving massive leeway where other managers like pedro and murty would have been chased. 

I've said I'd give him the 2nd season but it is more hope now he's learned enough from his 1st season to turn things around. I don't mind admitting that. 

I also think the board will hold course. They IMO don't have the appetite or the funds to sack him, get a new manager in and also fund another summer rebuild. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Murty that lost to Hamilton, Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock twice, Hibs, beat 4 and 5 off them? 

That Murty? 

Aye, the one who got slaughtered for those bad results.

If Murty had won 3 from 15 against Hibs, sheep and Kilmarnock there would have been uproar. There hasn't been with Gerrard.

6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Aye, the one who got slaughtered for those bad results.

If Murty had won 3 from 15 against Hibs, sheep and Kilmarnock there would have been uproar. There hasn't been with Gerrard.

Good reason for that.

By this point last season, we were 9 points behind celtic and had played two games more (essentially 15 points behind) and were only two points ahead of Aberdeen having played a game more.

Always thought it would take him 2 transfer windows, the real ones, not that January pish because unless you're spending silly money you are not signing quality players half way through a season and we were never spending silly money this January.

Beyond that he has the first 3rd of next season for me. If we're not equal or above them on points then its time to cut and run imo.

Just now, Bronzy said:

Good reason for that.

By this point last season, we were 9 points behind celtic and had played two games more (essentially 15 points behind) and were only two points ahead of Aberdeen having played a game more.

So if we go 13 behind after the next game can we criticise him?

We have a very similar number of points to this time last season.

6 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Good reason for that.

If the taigs weren't as bad as they have been at times this season we'd be looking at a much larger gap between us and them 

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum drew both those games in hands, so it turned out to be 11 points, one point more. 

No surprise he ignored that in his post eh? 

10, 11 or potentially 15 points all equals not good enough!

We haven't progressed at all domestically, Aberdeen have regressed though.

Archived