At what point does gerrard become sackable

1 minute ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I think he should go in the summer for the good of the club.

he may improve slightly next season but it still won’t be good enough, unless he gets a fortune to spend on players, and by this time next season he will probably get binned and they will have 9 in the bag. 

Experienced manager in at the summer and hopefully a good manager will have enough to bridge the financial gap with the tims 

We can't afford an experienced manager plus who in their right mind wants to take a job that's infamous for sacking guys every 8/9 months? 

We have to give him a fighting chance. 

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sack him when we know we are going backwards. Just like we did with warburton and under Pedro I don’t think we even took a step forward.  This time next year has to be either infront of the tims or neck/neck.   I’m never going to say we should win the cups as you just can never tell in those games.  It would be nice but.

2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I think he should go in the summer for the good of the club.

he may improve slightly next season but it still won’t be good enough, unless he gets a fortune to spend on players, and by this time next season he will probably get binned and they will have 9 in the bag. 

Experienced manager in at the summer and hopefully a good manager will have enough to bridge the financial gap with the tims 

Clueless

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

January his first season, the following summer then January. 

He had plenty of time, revisionism at its best. 

Also, nobody is talking about signing PL defenders ffs. 

January his first season was championship season, warburton had less than a season in the premiership 

And by PL defenders im talking about defenders gold enough to win our premier league, 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Warburton never had 3 windows, what player of Premier league title winning quality would come to us while in the championship ffs

Also pedro got binned after drawing 1-1 at home to killie, gerrards done that twice now

That last bit is pure shite,mong of a poster you are 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We can't afford an experienced manager plus who in their right mind wants to take a job that's infamous for sacking guys every 8/9 months? 

We have to give him a fighting chance. 

Would love to give a fighting chance but we just can’t finance the amount of players we need all in the one window 

we are a fickle bunch, let’s be honest, so if he fails to get into Europe next season and doesn’t have an exceptional start to next season then the fans will turn and will be all calling for his head by Xmas 

Complete shambles of a situation yet again 

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

It is the only scenario I see now though tbh

He will get the next season but winners on the park don't necessarily make winners as managers   

The list of faults is stacking up now 

Don’t think the faults stack against him, he he brought players in that he thought were up to the job. 

I think he’s realised now what it takes to be a Rangers player. 

9 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Sick of seeing Aberdeen and Killie being talked about. 

The football they have played against us has been brutal and would get football stopped.

The majority of these games it has been individual mistakes by our players (again today) or 'honest mistakes' from the ref which have cost us the points.

You cannot tell me you believe Aberdeen are a better team than us?

As i said above we have too many mentally weak players. The manager will see this clear as day and hopefully he gets the backing to bring in better players.

Mind when walter played anti football in europe, it got results, why should killie and the sheep play to our strengths just for us ffs

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

January his first season was championship season, warburton had less than a season in the premiership 

And by PL defenders im talking about defenders gold enough to win our premier league, 

Kiernan and Wilson were never going to be good enough which is why most were screaming for better defenders to be signed asap, which he didn't. 

18 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

This time next season in the same situation. 

Anything earlier and your a taig in disguise. 

If we are out of the league by Xmas and haven't at least got to the  League Cup Final legitimate questions will be asked.

3 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Would love to give a fighting chance but we just can’t finance the amount of players we need all in the one window 

we are a fickle bunch, let’s be honest, so if he fails to get into Europe next season and doesn’t have an exceptional start to next season then the fans will turn and will be all calling for his head by Xmas 

Complete shambles of a situation yet again 

You can't build a title winning side in one or two windows when you're going up against a side who've been together for years and won 7 in a row. 

It ain't happening. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Kiernan and Wilson were never going to be good enough which is why most were screaming for better defenders to be signed asap, which he didn't. 

Yup, and he had one window to sort it, backed badly by the board when he got hill and senderos after losing 2 other targets first

He is sackable now, other managers have been sacked in similar positions but IMO he gets till next season.  We simply can not chop and change our backroom staff every year and expect results. It doesn't work like that.

He needs at the bare minimum of another window.

If we get pumped out of Europe and are looking no better by this time next season then we should be looking at it again.

If he doesn't win any silverware next season then I think he is sackable.

Archived