At what point does gerrard become sackable

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Suppose that's the problem if they have made a shed load of money during their playing careers. You have to wonder if the manager not being 10po0 percent committed  gets through to the players after a while? In the past not only did the likes of Alex Ferguson need the money but he also had to prove himself after not quite being the player that would have fitted his huge ego

What the fuck are you talking about? He clearly doesn’t need the money, he’s in it to one day manage Liverpool and if he fails here that’s definitely not going to happen, I’m sure he knows this..

10 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Don't know if this is controversial or not but Gerrard walking at almost any point would not surprise me at all.

I can't see it unless he has a fall out with the board even then he seems to come across as dedicated and quite loyal.

59 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Suppose that's the problem if they have made a shed load of money during their playing careers. You have to wonder if the manager not being 10po0 percent committed  gets through to the players after a while? In the past not only did the likes of Alex Ferguson need the money but he also had to prove himself after not quite being the player that would have fitted his huge ego

Ed said I bet you he doesn't buy a house and move up here lock stock and barrel, I see what he was alluding to now.

5 minutes ago, backup said:

Ed said I bet you he doesn't buy a house and move up here lock stock and barrel, I see what he was alluding to now.

Mourinho didn't buy a house in Manchester,  van dijk doesn't own a house in liverpool , Ronaldo doesn't own property in Italy,  it's far from un common 

3 hours ago, gj923 said:

Admittedly we still have 8 games left but last season they finished on 82 points meaning 2.16 points per game but right now they are on 2.33 points per game.

We have increased currently as well at 2 points per game as opposed to 1.84 for the whole season although we picked up 8 from 15 after the split.

Its the sheep who are currently on 0.19 points per game less so for the season compared to the whole of the last year. They would have to pick up 21 points from the remaining 24 points to equal their points tally for last year.

The odds on us picking up 8 points after the split is pretty high given our recent form against pur split opponents

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Mourinho didn't buy a house in Manchester,  van dijk doesn't own a house in liverpool , Ronaldo doesn't own property in Italy,  it's far from un common 

Wasn't aware they were part of the equation.

I didn't want Gerard as the manager I stated this at the start of the season, now he's here I got behind him. I question his tactics his systems he plays and his love of playing some players more than others when they make mistakes, But even I did not expect him to learn to be a Rangers manager in nine months.

We knew when he was appointed he had to learn and that would not always be smooth or perfect but he still needs at least next season.

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Don't know if this is controversial or not but Gerrard walking at almost any point would not surprise me at all.

...and some of our fans are playing right into the hands of the haters by posting in this thread(Iknow,I know).

Don't kid yourselves,the rest of this league would love Gerrard to fail,that includes the SFA and SPFL so be careful what you wish for.

20 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Perhaps a different culture though an Englishmans house has always been his castle

18 hours ago, Smile said:

I didn't want Gerard as the manager I stated this at the start of the season, now he's here I got behind him. I question his tactics his systems he plays and his love of playing some players more than others when they make mistakes, But even I did not expect him to learn to be a Rangers manager in nine months.

We knew when he was appointed he had to learn and that would not always be smooth or perfect but he still needs at least next season.

The worry for me in he was if anything better at the start of the season than at the end

4 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

The worry for me in he was if anything better at the start of the season than at the end

It's like the Honeymoon period with a burd where everything's going great till you get back to reality. Gerrard needs money to spend on better quality players but he also needs to invest the money well. 

We need to keep out the loan market as well unless they are players of real quality.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's like the Honeymoon period with a burd where everything's going great till you get back to reality. Gerrard needs money to spend on better quality players but he also needs to invest the money well. 

We need to keep out the loan market as well unless they are players of real quality.

In the first half of the season the players were probably a bit star truck by Gerrard which probably wasn't a bad thing where as the problem now is that he's just their manager warts and all

Has to improve but can't just get rid of managers every half season etc and expect to get some form of consistency in the place, he's a rookie manager who has shown he can get us playing good football so a little more time is not asking too much really I believe. 

Personally I think the players are knackered. They have played so many games and have burnt out. Is this Gerrards fault? I suppose it is because he needs to learn to rotate the squad better but I'm sure Liverpool had the same problem last season so even experienced managers can get it wrong. He needs time, at least another season. I hate the idea of them winning everything as much as anybody but they will come back down with the biggest bump once we get our act together.

17 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Eck waiting in the wings, at one time he was looking as if he was going to get the gig, that gave me the fear big time.

Yeah fuck that, I don’t think he’s all there tbh with you 

18 hours ago, pcbear said:

Big Eck waiting in the wings, at one time he was looking as if he was going to get the gig, that gave me the fear big time.

I don't think McLeish is as switched on as he once was noticeable in interviews.

Archived