***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I thought there were signs of improvement.  We looked more organised than we have done for a while and, outside the goals (one mistakeingly switching off for and an offside for the second) they weren't pounded the way I expected them to be.  I expect Clarke to continue improving team structure and organisation, making us harder to beat and a slow but steady improvement.  Not enough for this tournament but perhaps the next?  All we need is a half decent striker to emerge.

15 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To be fair, I thought there were signs of improvement.  We looked more organised than we have done for a while and, outside the goals (one mistakeingly switching off for and an offside for the second) they weren't pounded the way I expected them to be.  I expect Clarke to continue improving team structure and organisation, making us harder to beat and a slow but steady improvement.  Not enough for this tournament but perhaps the next?  All we need is a half decent striker to emerge.

Andy Dallas hopefully.

23 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Parking the bus then ?

The thumb ?

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Parking the bus then ?

The thumb ?

Harder to beat can be a whole lot different to parking the bus....that said, a good manager will know the limitations of his squad and which games to play far more containing football.  Games against the likes of this current Belgium team being amongst them.  

Thumb is done.  Fletcher is done.  I can't see anyone on the horizon, perhaps Burke or McBurnie might mature into the role but I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Harder to beat can be a whole lot different to parking the bus....that said, a good manager will know the limitations of his squad and which games to play far more containing football.  Games against the likes of this current Belgium team being amongst them.  

Thumb is done.  Fletcher is done.  I can't see anyone on the horizon, perhaps Burke or McBurnie might mature into the role but I have my doubts.

I just saw that game as a typical Killie performance, trying to play tight at the back, let the opposition make the play and hope for a chance on the break, maybe SC will miss the plastic pitch also.

It’s early days for him and time will tell.

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I just saw that game as a typical Killie performance, trying to play tight at the back, let the opposition make the play and hope for a chance on the break, maybe SC will miss the plastic pitch also.

Which, for the players we have at our disposal is, unfortunately, the way it has to be for now.

52 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

How long before they have a plastic pitch at the national stadium. 

Some of you must have watched a different game tbh . Scotland were shocking and didn't COMPETE (buzz word of the day it seems) we sat 10 men in our own half while.Mckenna and Co lumped 60 yard balls straight to the CH so they could start again . 

At least 5 players all stopped and watched Hazard cross for the 1st goal .

No one seemed to have a clue what they were doing or what the plan was it seemed to be let's defend for 90 mins and hope we get a 0-0 draw

I thought I had travelled back in time to watch the famous Levein formation of 5-4-0 .

I would go as far as saying the French and USA woman's teams could beat this Scotland side.

32 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

Some of you must have watched a different game tbh . Scotland were shocking and didn't COMPETE (buzz word of the day it seems) we sat 10 men in our own half while.Mckenna and Co lumped 60 yard balls straight to the CH so they could start again . 

At least 5 players all stopped and watched Hazard cross for the 1st goal .

No one seemed to have a clue what they were doing or what the plan was it seemed to be let's defend for 90 mins and hope we get a 0-0 draw

I thought I had travelled back in time to watch the famous Levein formation of 5-4-0 .

I would go as far as saying the French and USA woman's teams could beat this Scotland side.

32 minutes ago, Orangeclement said:

My thoughts exactly

4 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Parking the bus then ?

The thumb ?

Why would Scotland not park the bus? They aren’t good enough to play attractive football and go toe to toe with a lot of international sides. They only way they will be competitive is if they can make themselves hard to beat and the best way to do that is to park the bus.

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why would Scotland not park the bus? They aren’t good enough to play attractive football and go toe to toe with a lot of international sides. They only way they will be competitive is if they can make themselves hard to beat and the best way to do that is to park the bus.

Said this on a few other pages but when Scotland tried to play out the back in the friendly against Belgium they got pumped rotten. No wonder they parked the bus.

6 hours ago, coopsleftboot said:

Agree for the most part. Was always going to be a struggle away to Belgium.. Even harder without a few of our best players. 

Don't understand why folk are saying the campaign is over because of the result away to the Kazakh, games against Russia were always looking to be the important games. I'm not sure if Clarke is the right man for the job, but what he did at Killie was an incredible feat so he has more than earned his chance. 

Future of the Scotland team is looking bright, some very good players have come through in recent years. Add to that some exciting young players that'll be looking to break through over the next few years. Billy Gilmour for example certainly seems to have the potential to become world class. I'm not convinced he'll reach that level, but easy to see him becoming a very good player. 

• 2 months later...

Archived