***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They are good but crumble when it matters, they won’t win anything.

This is their golden generation, much like England who had world class players all over the pitch but couldn’t win a trophy.

Fair enough but I can see them being serious contenders for the Euros. 

2 minutes ago, Drumloyal said:

Belgium are just pure class. 

How did such a small country produce so many genuinely world class players in a 10yr period?  Same wae Ajax for about 20yrs from about 85-05.

A joy to watch. 

True, they ripped up their system in 2008 when they were 55th in rankings. Something Scotland should be doing now, get young players and start them. However, Belgium and Holland also have a vast base of colonial players from Africa to the squad - so the small nation thing isnt exactly true for them.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

BBC reporting abysmal as usual, and ignoring the fact Scotland are awful. "Has there been a better performance by a player at Hampden in the last 10 years?" Well the fact Scotland are shite and managed by a diddy might also have something to do with that.

Clowns will never acknowledge how embarrassing the national team is.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

True, they ripped up their system in 2008 when they were 55th in rankings. Something Scotland should be doing now, get young players and start them. However, Belgium and Holland also have a vast base of colonial players from Africa to the squad - so the small nation thing isnt exactly true for them.

Only way I can ever see Scotland getting back in the frame is to reduce residency eligibility to 2-3yrs like some of the other small nations in Europe

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Mate

A better stadium isn't going to help O Donnell control a ball or Charlie Mulgrew pass

Aye I know they need better players but it'll be a start. I seriously can't think how any cunt could muster up the enthusiasm playing in such a dump. 

4 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

I've said this many times to people but if Scotland want to progress then they need to get the fuck out of Hampden. 

Big games at Ibrox and the Piggery. 

Middle tier at Easter Road, Tannadice or Pittodre. 

And the pishy nae cunt cares about games at St Mirrens shitty park. 

How the fuck are they going to get an advantage playing in such a souless dump that is Hampden. 

yep all about the ground and fuck all to do with having players with zero ability 

soulless dump for clueless players  -- the Belgian goalkeeper has more technical ability than the Scotland outfield players combined 

Archived