***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

What's this stat I've now seen quoted.   The heaviest home defeat since 1973.

Sack the manager.  Sack the SFA.

Bet they survive though.  And explain it away by blaming others,

SFA are a joke. It's quickly forgotting they made an arse of trying to get Michael o'Neill by offering him less than what he was on a Northern Ireland 

No one would touch the job before eck stepped up. 

The whole organisation from top to bottom needs cleared out. Get some people in that know the modern game and can take the Scottish game forward 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I say this every tine but there’s no sympathy for me towards the SFA because of the way they threw us under the bus.

Scotland have been shite for years but when we were in the top flight at least they were competitive and would be in serious contentions for playoffs or make them.

We would contribute players to the national team and we would sign young players from within Scotland and bring them to a club with high standards, demands, expectations and a winning mentality and that would rub off on them - McGrgeor, Hutton, Broadfoot, Weir, Whittaker, Ferguson, McCulloch, Boyd, Adam, Miller, Naismith - all reliable players for the national team who played their club football for us at a time when we competed for trophies every season.

Now you have a squad built around celtic players who look like superstars in a league that they have dominated unopposed for seven years but constantly shows itself up on a bigger stage and you loads of players who have gone South to play for average English clubs that has no ambition outwith not getting relegated.

The SFA are reaping what they sow and I have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Well said.   And entirely correct. 

Clearly Belgium are a top side and clearly KDB is sensational but Belgium barely had to do anything to win that game.

No doubt the media and Clarke will play the, 'we're playing the best in the world' line, which has to be conceded however when you break it down sloppy play cost the goals.

Scotland conceded from their own corner for the first. O'Donnell could have cleaned Mertens out, someone, anyone should have tracked Lukaku's run. Not one person bothered their arse! For the 2nd I think McLean has gone to sleep and just let his runner slip away from him. The 3rd, Mulgrew has to do more. Alderweireld is leaning, arching backwards and a fair way out. He's just bullied Mulgrew. Great header to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

What's this stat I've now seen quoted.   The heaviest home defeat since 1973.

Sack the manager.  Sack the SFA.

Bet they survive though.  And explain it away by blaming others,

No mention of the sack, his job starts now lol be a different story if he had even a bawhair connection to ibrox

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I say this every tine but there’s no sympathy for me towards the SFA because of the way they threw us under the bus.

Scotland have been shite for years but when we were in the top flight at least they were competitive and would be in serious contentions for playoffs or make them.

We would contribute players to the national team and we would sign young players from within Scotland and bring them to a club with high standards, demands, expectations and a winning mentality and that would rub off on them - McGrgeor, Hutton, Broadfoot, Weir, Whittaker, Ferguson, McCulloch, Boyd, Adam, Miller, Naismith - all reliable players for the national team who played their club football for us at a time when we competed for trophies every season.

Now you have a squad built around celtic players who look like superstars in a league that they have dominated unopposed for seven years but constantly shows itself up on a bigger stage and you loads of players who have gone South to play for average English clubs that has no ambition outwith not getting relegated.

The SFA are reaping what they sow and I have absolutely no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Indeed, and zero sympathy from me too, fuck them.  However, when their crowd boo one of our players being named over a tannoy, I despise them more than merely avoiding having sympathy. 

I see English is quoted on the BBC as saying "If [Steve Clarke] can't get Scotland to a major championships then we may as well pack up and go home."

Delusional if he thinks Clarke can produce a Scotland side that ever gets to a major championship.   Utterly delusional.   Clarke's clockwork wind up toy football management efforts relying on a plastic pitch with players who are hoofers and hackers has no credibility whatsoever in a modern digital-equivalent technical skill, power and fast pace game.    Clarke managing a Scotland side at a major championship?   Utter nonsense.    

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I see English is quoted on the BBC as saying "If [Steve Clarke] can't get Scotland to a major championships then we may as well pack up and go home."

Delusional if he thinks Clarke can produce a Scotland side that ever gets to a major championship.   Utterly delusional.   Clarke's clockwork wind up toy football management efforts relying on a plastic pitch with players who are hoofers and hackers has no credibility whatsoever in a modern digital-equivalent technical skill, power and fast pace game.    Clarke managing a Scotland side at a major championship?   Utter nonsense.    

"If [Steve Clarke] can't get Scotland to a major championships then we may as well pack up and go home."

Cunts shouldn't leave to go on international duty, all they are doing is adding to the carbon footprint with flights, they are not doing anything else as they are not good enough to beat shit teams let alone good ones.

I find it quite sad what has become of the national team as someone who used to enjoy going to Scotland games many years ago but years of the hijacking of the Scottish identity by the independence movement and the bitter, backwards thinking of the Lawwell-led SFA for the benefit of one team only is finally coming to fruition.  

Just now, Jelavic191 said:

I find it quite sad what has become of the national team as someone who used to enjoy going to Scotland games many years ago but years of the hijacking of the Scottish identity by the independence movement and the bitter, backwards thinking of the Lawwell-led SFA for the benefit of one team only is finally coming to fruition.  

After 2012 and all the knives out for Rangers I don't give a fuck about the SPFL, SFA or the Scotland team. The fenians have taken charge of our authorities and have reaped what they sow, utter destruction and disgrace.

9 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

So that's them already poo-pooing any sort of criticism of Clarke, offering up the argument of "he's the best we have". Nonsense.

The manager is too weak and will let the media pundits dictate who to drop and pick. Mcburnie was made the scapegoat by that idiot in the media and Clarke doesn’t have the gumption to see through him. Until the SFA is disbanded and a foreign coach with the right credentials that’ll ignore the biased media then the national team is not worth looking at. 

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Just a pisser that they still have a chance through that Nations League shite route. Bulgaria look pish too then Serbia or Norway is it ? Hope to fuck they don’t qualify 

And the only reason they have that chance was because of a half Decent manager in McLeish that understood the limitations of the players and got some decent results . They won't qualify.

8 minutes ago, Malvern said:

After 2012 and all the knives out for Rangers I don't give a fuck about the SPFL, SFA or the Scotland team. The fenians have taken charge of our authorities and have reaped what they sow, utter destruction and disgrace.

Totally agree and it’s not something I can see being resolved for generations. 

Archived