***** Official EURO 2020 Qualifications Thread****

3 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Has their actually been a worse start for a scotland manager lol 

I honestly don't think there has been. However, because it's Stevie, the press give him a free hit till the play-offs (conviently forgetting who got them there of course, the media are always silent on that)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Someone said before it’s now the equal worst run of results along with Vogts. But I think his were all in friendlies 😂 

Vogts, at least managed to get to play offs. Clarke will blow the play offs that he never earned in the first place.

14 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

I honestly don't think there has been. However, because it's Stevie, the press give him a free hit till the play-offs (conviently forgotten who get them there of course)

I do feel for big eck. He would have got absolutely slaughtered if he overseen back to back 4-0 losses by the press. 

Let the press give Clarke the free hit. He won't be getting Scotland a major final

So the entire throw of the Clarke dice is going to be the semi-final play off game next March with Scotland playing at home first?   But who will Scotland be playing......Bulgaria and Israel were in line?       Even if they win that there would still be the final with (at least recently) the finalists being projected to be Norway or Serbia.

It'd have to be some revival for Scotland to overcome any of those teams in the semi final and final to progress and qualify.        

The press will largely lay off Clarke until the outcome of those games.  Which is one hell of continuing get out of football jail zone until then.       With play off games in March that is right at the business end of the league season and - being entirely selfish and being entirely unconcerned to see the Scottish national team aided - I really do hope there are no key Rangers players being considered for those play off games...………….there is a league championship to be won and that takes supreme overriding priority.    

Archived