Morelos facing ban

GeeSS

1 hour ago, Smile said:

This should be a 48hr ban for trying to get members banned.:whistle: I wish was worked up. I just cant see why posters cant see players are doing this to get Morelos on a yellow or red card as it makes our team weaker and he keeps falling for it.

Does nobody get the point I'm trying to make?

I do get the point you are making, but just how far do you think they should be allowed to go to get a reaction from morelos and just how much should he be expected to take without reacting?

13 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

I do get the point you are making, but just how far do you think they should be allowed to go to get a reaction from morelos and just how much should he be expected to take without reacting?

They should not be able to get away with it at all as we should be refereed to the same standard as everyone else, but we know that's not happening so players need to try their best to not react.

Morelos is being targetted as him given even a yellow card weakens us as it kills his game, the average player always uses this tactic to get inside a players head so every time they get the ball they worried about the tackle coming in the mis-control or play the ball away as quickly as they can rather than look for the killer or better pass.

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

You're both noticing each other tonight though.  

Come on guys, We all get a little crazy from time to time:) You're both decent posters for different reasons. Agree to disagree perhaps? 

I think we both got bored with it eventually.

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Come on guys, We all get a little crazy from time to time:) You're both decent posters for different reasons. Agree to disagree perhaps? 

I think you make a good point STG, hopefully nothing comes of this with Mo and I see no need for the guys not to step away from the keyboard for a few hours. Simples. :Banane21:

22 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Or meet at the cricket ground and last man standing wins the internet 😁

11 hours ago, Smile said:

This has nothing to do with Courtyardbear cutting about like a wee depressed burd every time someone questions Morelos. The worst tackle for me in the match was the Grezda incident, Morelos will not get banned for the incident with Broadfoot.

He's a victim of his own stupidity for me any footballer will get targetted on the pitch if they constantly fall for it.

You're comment about Morelos's stupidity is obviously valid but Saturday was an exception because even the coolest pro would have shoved Broadfoot away. 

20 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You're comment about Morelos's stupidity is obviously valid but Saturday was an exception because even the coolest pro would have shoved Broadfoot away. 

It was a nothing incident that Broadfoot tried to make into something it was not, Morelos would not have got done for it anyway as it's clear what Broadfoot did.

Sun with more pish.

TV TRIAL https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4013854/alfredo-morelos-kirk-broadfoot-kilmarnock-Rangers-dock-review-sfa/
Kilmarnock ace Broadfoot could land in the dock along with Rangers’ Morelos
The duo clashed as they left the field at Ibrox and a decision will be made on whether the pair will be cited by compliance officer Claire Whyte
By Colin Duncan
19th March 2019, 12:48 am
Updated: 19th March 2019, 12:48 am
KIRK BROADFOOT could land in the dock along with Alfredo Morelos after their Saturday spat at Ibrox.
The Kilmarnock defender and the Rangers hitman clashed as they left the field at half-time.
WILLIE VASS - THE SUN
Broadfoot and Morelos clashed at Ibrox
The incident was reviewed by an SFA panel yesterday and a decision will be made this afternoon on whether the pair will be cited by compliance officer Claire Whyte.
If Colombian striker Morelos is hit with another notice of complaint he will miss the Old Firm game at Parkhead on Sunday week.
Referee Greg Aitken was facing the other way when he lashed out at the Killie stopper.
TV pictures appear to show Broadfoot raking his studs down the back of Morelos’ ankle before he reacts

If justice is done then Broadfoot will get a ban and Morelos will be commended for his restraint.

You can clearly see Broadfoot looking down to make sure he catches Morelos' heel, he's a fucking prick for that but a bigger prick for throwing himself to the ground like a big Jessie. Be good if the next time he fucks an egg his house goes on fire.

That was the BBC live feed pic from half time until Morelos scored. As I said in the match thread..... a narrative being set, as always. The picture looks like Morelos throwing a punch - which didn't happen.

For me it was a nothing half time scuffle that has happened 100 times before this season alone. The still images and slowmo make things look worse.

Screenshot_20190316-161807_BBC Sport.jpg

41 minutes ago, Smile said:

Sun with more pish.

TV TRIAL https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4013854/alfredo-morelos-kirk-broadfoot-kilmarnock-Rangers-dock-review-sfa/
Kilmarnock ace Broadfoot could land in the dock along with Rangers’ Morelos
The duo clashed as they left the field at Ibrox and a decision will be made on whether the pair will be cited by compliance officer Claire Whyte
By Colin Duncan
19th March 2019, 12:48 am
Updated: 19th March 2019, 12:48 am
KIRK BROADFOOT could land in the dock along with Alfredo Morelos after their Saturday spat at Ibrox.
The Kilmarnock defender and the Rangers hitman clashed as they left the field at half-time.
WILLIE VASS - THE SUN
Broadfoot and Morelos clashed at Ibrox
The incident was reviewed by an SFA panel yesterday and a decision will be made this afternoon on whether the pair will be cited by compliance officer Claire Whyte.
If Colombian striker Morelos is hit with another notice of complaint he will miss the Old Firm game at Parkhead on Sunday week.
Referee Greg Aitken was facing the other way when he lashed out at the Killie stopper.
TV pictures appear to show Broadfoot raking his studs down the back of Morelos’ ankle before he reacts

Broadfoot shouting and coming after Morelos,  Morelos walks away and broadfoot proceeds to rub his studs down the back of his Achilles. Morelos turns and pushes him. only one person should be getting done.  

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

That was the BBC live feed pic from half time until Morelos scored. As I said in the match thread..... a narrative being set, as always. The picture looks like Morelos throwing a punch - which didn't happen.

For me it was a nothing half time scuffle that has happened 100 times before this season alone. The still images and slowmo make things look worse.

Screenshot_20190316-161807_BBC Sport.jpg

They have set a precedent that still images and slow motion footage isn't good enough.

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

Broadfoot shouting and coming after Morelos,  Morelos walks away and broadfoot proceeds to rub his studs down the back of his Achilles. Morelos turns and pushes him. only one person should be getting done.  

I think we will find out today at 3pm. 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4013744/nacho-novo-alfredo-morelos-sfa-panel-drinking-kirk-broadfoot/

Rangers hero Novo reckons SFA panel must have been DRINKING after Morelos appeal KO

The former Light Blues forward was amazed when the appeal against his booking for diving wasn't overturned by the SFA's Fast Track tribunal

NACHO NOVO reckons the SFA panel that refused to overturn Alfredo Morelos' yellow card for diving must have been DRINKING.

The ex-Rangers frontman has become friends with Colombian hitman Morelos, who is now sweating on whether he will be cited for Saturday’s half-time tangle with Kilmarnock’s Kirk Broadfoot.

NINTCHDBPICT000385762401-e1552941029146.

Novo doesn’t believe his pal should be in bother for that exchange either.

And he was amazed when the appeal against his booking for diving against Aberdeenin last week’s Scottish Cup replay wasn’t overturned by the SFA’s Fast Track tribunal.

Morelos was yellow carded by ref Kevin Clancy after going down in a clash with Dons defender Andy Considine.

Novo said: “I was angry at the decision because I’m honest and I hate things like that. They are destroying the game.

“I don’t want any help and Rangers don’t need any help. We don’t ask for favours, but you can see it.

“If they think that Alfredo was diving against Aberdeen they must be drinking or something. It’s embarrassing if they think that’s a dive. It’s a penalty all day long.

“Mistakes happen, referees have a hard job and  they can’t be spot on all the time. The referee thought it was a dive and booked him.

“The bit that’s wrong is when they review it and still think it’s a dive. For me, it wasn’t.

“What the SFA should do is bring in people who aren’t related to Rangers or celtic and make a panel where things can be worked out.”

NINTCHDBPICT000475520255-e1552941051455.

Novo also believes there is no case to answer for Morelos over the flashpoint with his old Ibrox team-mate Broadfoot.

He said: “How many players do you see pushing people? That’s the game.

“Kirk knows how to wind people up and that’s what it’s all about.

“He wasn’t like that when we were together at Rangers. He must have changed somewhere.

“People try to wind Alfredo up because he’s a good player  and good players are the ones they try to wind up.

“I tell him the way to shut them up is play his game and try to score goals.

“How do you change him? I’d fine him.

“Don’t get me wrong, I love Alfredo. He’s a good pal of mine. But the best way would be to fine a player. Not for the club, just for the boys at the end of the season, or for a dinner for the whole team.

“I don’t like fining players. But if they tell him  one, two, three times, what do they do?

But it’s Alfredo’s nature. It’s  how he is and if you take that away from him maybe he wouldn’t be the same player.

“People are starting to kill the game now. There are so many rows and stupid things, like players being punished  for celebrating with fans.

“Nothing bad is ever going to happen because of that, so they need to concentrate more on improving security to stop fans getting on the park.

“For me, that’s the most important thing.

“I hope it never happens, but you just never know what a guy could do.

NINTCHDBPICT0004764800083.jpg?w=960

“You saw it in the English Championship with the punch on Jack Grealish. It’s getting out of order.

“Obviously the incidents here weren’t as bad as that, but we have to have more security to stop fans coming on.

"We had the bottle being thrown in the Hibs game, for example, and these things can do severe damage to players.

“But things like celebrating with the fans are what the  fans and players want.”

Novo revealed he has also told Morelos, who last week extended his Gers deal to 2023, he should stay at Rangers for the foreseeable future.

He added: “I’ve been out with him for meals and he’s a nice kid. He is totally different in private than when he’s on the park.

“He’s a nice boy. He speaks to everybody and he has a laugh in the changing room with the guys.  I told him he’d be better staying here and playing for a couple more years.

“He’s still young and he’ll always have opportunities to move somewhere else.

“Hopefully, we can keep him. He likes it here. He’s here with his wife, which really helps and he also has a very good friend in Danny Candeias.

“He lives quietly away from football, which is the right thing to do here in Glasgow.

“You know what it’s like if you’re with Rangers or celtic — you’re always going to get some abuse.”