Are we becoming the Everton FC of Glasgow?

4 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Thoughts?

I seriously hope not....

While Everton was originally founded as a Methodist schoolboys club, it has a strong lasting association with Merseyside Catholic Irish.

The founder of Liverpool FC (originally called "Everton Football Club and Athletic Grounds company Ltd" or "Everton Athletic") was John Houlding, an Orangeman. So were most of the original directors including John McKenna. Houlding was a member of both the Working Mans' Conservative Association and the Liverpool Protestant Association, the latter morphed into George Wise's Liverpool Protestant Party, which contested Liverpool Corporation wards Netherfields and St Domingo's as late as 1973.

4 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

More dropped points, more pointless possession, more limitations revealed.  For a season that promised something, we are running out of steam.  Not sure who is more responsible: the players are inadequate in many instances but they don't select themselves.  In the long term, are we destined to  become the Everton FC of Glasgow, occasionally winning a cup but crumbling and stumbling along for the most part as our city rivals maintain a permanent upper hand?  Thoughts?

Aye cause Everton got relegated to the 3rd tier of English football, worked their way up spending 2 seasons in the championship and then on promotion to the EPL finished 6th, 6th and are now battling round about 4th.

Juventus took 5 season to win seria A after going through a similar scenario.

My thoughts are this is an absolute abortion of a post.

1 minute ago, Bigdave30 said:

Aye cause Everton got relegated to the 3rd tier of English football, worked their way up spending 2 seasons in the championship and then on promotion to the EPL finished 6th, 6th and are now battling round about 4th.

Juventus took 5 season to win seria A after going through a similar scenario.

My thoughts are this is an absolute abortion of a post.

Juve were up against European Champions, and superb Inter teams that done the treble including the CL. Hardly comparable to being against celtic and Aberdeen 

We should have won something this season but we have too many weak minded players who should never have known what it’s like playing for a club like ours

guys like Halliday should still only be seen at ibrox using his season ticket he paid for like everybody else never even Rangers reserves class but he’s not the only one, the problem we have is there is too many of them like him in our team. Law of averages means these same guys will have a motm performance once or twice a year but it shouldn’t cloud out the shite performances they give in other games

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Juve were up against European Champions, and superb Inter teams that done the treble including the CL. Hardly comparable to being against celtic and Aberdeen 

I was going to the other extreme.

It’s more relative than comparing us to fucking Everton in my eyes.

I think while King is controlling things then yes we’ll be the 2nd best team occasionally winning a cup or 2 but failing in the league..   I honestly will not be surprised if the taigs win the next 4-5 championships.    

10 is a certainty for them given we’ve had 4 years of king and we’re still no closer to Winning the league.  I seriously doubt we’ll fix it in another 2 years.

celtic will downsize again as Europe has stopped them spending season on season but with the winning mentality they have in almost every player they will still be infront of us.

We need heavy investment. Players who fight to the last second..We Rely on Morelos too much..Just not got that match changing gift. Plain simple easy to match style, Even the bottom clubs can take us on. Unless them across the city start paying regular 9 millions per players I can see them getting worse in the coming seasons, Finances will decide if we can stop them..invest we could fuck them over, No investment they will continue to control the Spl.

1 hour ago, loyalfollower said:

I think while King is controlling things then yes we’ll be the 2nd best team occasionally winning a cup or 2 but failing in the league..   I honestly will not be surprised if the taigs win the next 4-5 championships.    

10 is a certainty for them given we’ve had 4 years of king and we’re still no closer to Winning the league.  I seriously doubt we’ll fix it in another 2 years.

celtic will downsize again as Europe has stopped them spending season on season but with the winning mentality they have in almost every player they will still be infront of us.

The blame for me sits with King and his fkn projects. We need some serious cash to buy quality players and I don’t believe he has that kind of money. 

7 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

More dropped points, more pointless possession, more limitations revealed.  For a season that promised something, we are running out of steam.  Not sure who is more responsible: the players are inadequate in many instances but they don't select themselves.  In the long term, are we destined to  become the Everton FC of Glasgow, occasionally winning a cup but crumbling and stumbling along for the most part as our city rivals maintain a permanent upper hand?  Thoughts?

If this is a low-key way of suggesting we build a Chapel inside Ibrox you can fuck off

4 hours ago, superallysbears said:

It can't last forever, we will win again but the wait goes on and on, we should have lifted silverware before now with the money spent, but mistakes have been made, I believe the squad is good just not good enough mentally. 

The squad is just not good enough full stop. Gerrard knows that as well, hence the promise of 'marquee signings' in the summer. I still believe we will get there next year if  he gets the backing he is  asking for from the  board

7 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

It hurts to hear that for many buy sadly you have a point 

Our club is accepting all the garbage that's coming our way and makes me hate them 

On the field of play we have a disgusting losers mentality

In all honestly .The only difference ,Liverpool aren't winning anything yet but they still boss Everton