Are we becoming the Everton FC of Glasgow?

6 hours ago, dee9 said:

I have to be honest I have no idea when this will end. 

Boot after boot after boot in the balls time and time again. I suppose the bottom line is until we spend serious money they cunts will win as many titles as the like. Worrying 

Nail on head mate we need a real top level manager with a budget to match.  That isn’t likely is it?

43 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

We won the Challenge Cup 3 years ago. 

Two or three Glasgow cups as well in recent times. so if we are Everton that gives us the bragging rights in Liverpool too as Liverpool have won fuck all recently. 

On 17/03/2019 at 14:01, Burts91 said:

Most idiotic thread I’ve ever seen started. The only common ground between Everton and Rangers is we both wear blue.

Trevor Steven(in)

Gary Stevens (in)

Duncan Ferguson (out)

Mo Johnston (out)

Paul Rideout (in) 

paul Gascoigne(out) 

Walter Smith( managed both clubs) 

More in common than you think 

23 hours ago, fanaticCR said:

We are in serious danger of becoming a small club. Doing fucking nothing to warrant anything else. I said similar last week, everything we are doing at the moment apart from fanbase confirms this.

In a financial sense we pretty much already are a small club. 

Weve been seriously badly run for many years now. 

We still have a huge support, and it would seem this has been unaffected by our poor performance in the medium term. Hopefully we improve and don't have to rely on this support continuing through mediocrity in the long term. 

On 17/03/2019 at 12:48, Gascoigne8 said:

Im old school when it comes to the modern game. Im disgusted that when a player is hacked down for us it doesnt seem to anger his team mates. We have had no one with desire in the team since 2012

And correct me if im wrong but everton are as taigy as liverpool in the scheme of things 

Both Liverpool and Everton were created with the same mixture of prods/catholics as each other if I remember correctly?? 

1 hour ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Both Liverpool and Everton were created with the same mixture of prods/catholics as each other if I remember correctly?? 

Liverpool were formed from a breakaway comittee from everton fc over ground rent so share near enough the same founders.   Evertons orignal name was St Domingo but they were a methodist team but my point on the taigy element is that everton are seen as the liverpudlians team (much like city were the team for mancs and united for daytrippers/gloryhunters/londoners etc).   Liverpool had one of the highest rates of immigration during the tattie famine and as such many southern irish who came to liverpool took to supporting everton. On the red side liverpool are a bit like the tramps from the east in glasgow with the love me love me shite and seemed to affiliate themselves with celtic over the years. I know there are some good bears from both everton and liverpool but from what ive seen/heard/read they have more in common with the manky mob than us. 

On 17/03/2019 at 12:17, Creampuff said:

When have Everton ever ‘occasionally won cups’?

Everton are the sixth most successful club in england, but aye get what you mean.  No that long ago they had won more league titles than city and Chelsea combined. 😂

No.

They are not as far ahead as people think and I have maintained that all season, even into last.  We have built a decent team so far but need a few key positions to be filled and i'd expect that to be enough to be done.

8 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Trevor Steven(in)

Gary Stevens (in)

Duncan Ferguson (out)

Mo Johnston (out)

Paul Rideout (in) 

paul Gascoigne(out) 

_837977_gazza300.jpg

Not only those, but also

Gough, Naismith ,Jelavic, Durrant, Weir, Arteta, Ball, Cleland, McCall, Kanchelskis, Rideout and Andy Gray

And both Beattie and Jeffers.

2 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Liverpool were formed from a breakaway comittee from everton fc over ground rent so share near enough the same founders.   Evertons orignal name was St Domingo but they were a methodist team but my point on the taigy element is that everton are seen as the liverpudlians team (much like city were the team for mancs and united for daytrippers/gloryhunters/londoners etc).   Liverpool had one of the highest rates of immigration during the tattie famine and as such many southern irish who came to liverpool took to supporting everton. On the red side liverpool are a bit like the tramps from the east in glasgow with the love me love me shite and seemed to affiliate themselves with celtic over the years. I know there are some good bears from both everton and liverpool but from what ive seen/heard/read they have more in common with the manky mob than us. 

Err no!  

9 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Trevor Steven(in)

Gary Stevens (in)

Duncan Ferguson (out)

Mo Johnston (out)

Paul Rideout (in) 

paul Gascoigne(out) 

Stuart McCall.

Alex Clelland.

We loaned them Durrant.

We borrowed Thomas Myhre.

There are probably more...

Edit - see Tannerall’s list above!

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Stuart McCall.

Alex Clelland.

We loaned them Durrant.

We borrowed Thomas Myhre.

There are probably more...

Kanchelskis, Jeffers, ball, arteta, gough, Weir, naismith, simonsen, jelavic, gray, Spencer, beattie...

And I'm also sure there are more!

On 17/03/2019 at 12:48, Gascoigne8 said:

Im old school when it comes to the modern game. Im disgusted that when a player is hacked down for us it doesnt seem to anger his team mates. We have had no one with desire in the team since 2012

And correct me if im wrong but everton are as taigy as liverpool in the scheme of things 

Can't stand either of them, but I suggest you read "Merseyside's Old Firm" The Sectarian Roots of Everton and Liverpool.

18 hours ago, mrmojorisin said:

Trevor Steven(in)

Gary Stevens (in)

Duncan Ferguson (out)

Mo Johnston (out)

Paul Rideout (in) 

paul Gascoigne(out) 

9 hours ago, tannerall said:

_837977_gazza300.jpg

Not only those, but also

Gough, Naismith ,Jelavic, Durrant, Weir, Arteta, Ball, Cleland, McCall, Kanchelskis, Rideout and Andy Gray

And both Beattie and Jeffers.

‘There’s only two Paul Rideouts’

I remember that chant well 😏

8 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

Kanchelskis, Jeffers, ball, arteta, gough, Weir, naismith, simonsen, jelavic, gray, Spencer, beattie...

And I'm also sure there are more!

There are including Alex Scott  and Torry Gillick who won trophies at both clubs  a long and proud association  between the teams .