Happy St Patrick's Day

.Williamson.

2 hours ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Glasgow Labour MP - Sweeney.

It really is about time that Glasgow, a city with an Irish diaspora that is amongst the largest and oldest in the world, organised its own official St. Patrick's Day celebration and parade. We are missing a big opportunity. Let's turn the Clyde green once a year!

happily do that by drowning the child molesting bastards the length of the Clyde 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

happily do that by drowning the child molesting bastards the length of the Clyde 

While they try to curtail Loyalist parades, cunts knocking about blootered, singing Irish songs, flying foreign flags, great, let's promote that, OO parades, ah, fuck that.

1 minute ago, 2nd Flute said:

While they try to curtail Loyalist parades, cunts knocking about blootered, singing Irish songs, flying foreign flags, great, let's promote that, OO parades, ah, fuck that.

fortunately never experienced it in Glasgow as got out before they took over.  

Was working in Dublin one March and the only people really interested in the parade were drunk drug-addled cunts wearng green and grey hoops it was like junkies meet the night of the zombies. most Dubliners stay well clear. 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

fortunately never experienced it in Glasgow as got out before they took over.  

Was working in Dublin one March and the only people really interested in the parade were drunk drug-addled cunts wearng green and grey hoops it was like junkies meet the night of the zombies. most Dubliners stay well clear. 

Place full of them today, boak.

Two people have died following a St Patrick's Day party at a hotel in Cookstown, County Tyrone.

A further four people have been taken to hospital following the incident at the Greenvale Hotel.

The hotel was hosting an event for young people to celebrate St Patrick's Day.

The NI Ambulance Service said it was called following reports several people at the venue on the Drum Road were unwell.

Paramedics, doctors and five emergency crews were dispatched to the scene at around 21:30 GMT.

In a Facebook post at 22:41 GMT, the PSNI asked parents to collect their children from the hotel immediately.

It had been widely suggested on social media that several young people had sustained crush injuries.

However, a journalist at the scene, Brendan Marshall, said the DJ who was performing at the event insisted to him that this was not the case.

"He confirmed that - contrary to the rumours that had been circulating - there had been no crushing and nothing had collapsed," Mr Marshall told BBC News NI.

"He told me that a number of young people had become seriously ill. He said one young person was brought to him by a friend to have their pulse checked.

"The DJ then shone a light in their eyes to check whether they were alive."

At the scene

by Mark Simpson, BBC News Northern Ireland

There is a huge sense of shock around the town.

Reports began circulating at 22:00 GMT that people had died. The news of two fatalities was confirmed by police just after midnight.

There were distressing scenes as some people who knew those who died broke down in tears at the police cordon.

A representative of the nearby Glenavon Hotel said the PSNI borrowed its defibrillator.

Skip Twitter post by @PSNIMidUlster

A multi agency incident is under way at Greenvale Hotel, Cookstown. ACC Mark Hamilton said: “I can confirm there are 2 fatalities at this stage and a small no of other casualties. Parents are asked to collect children from Family and Friends reception at Glenavon Hotel.”

— PSNI Mid Ulster (@PSNIMidUlster) March 18, 2019

End of Twitter post by @PSNIMidUlster

Democratic Unionist Party leader Arlene Foster tweeted that her "thoughts and prayers" were "with everyone impacted by this tonight".

Speaking from outside the hotel, UUP councillor Trevor Wilson said: "I'm getting conflicting reports from people about what exactly happened, but there's clearly a deep sense of shock here tonight that an event for young people just wanting to celebrate St Patrick's night went so horribly wrong."

Image captionAmbulances were called to the scene at around 21:30 GMT on Sunday

Colin Neill, chief executive of Hospitality Ulster, said: "We are monitoring the situation closely and echo the PSNI appeal to parents to make contact with their children and collect them immediately from the venue."

The Drum Road remains closed with diversions in place.

It started with pushing and shoving but everyone was still laughing and having a good time. Then the literal crushing started. 

The people on the outside of this line were so determined to get in they felt the need to not only push us against the wall but push with all their strength. No matter how much we screamed and pushed back, there was no movement. 

Two of my friends fell to the ground. I tried to pull them up but at that point there was no room for them to even come back up. So I started screaming at the top of my lungs: 
“My friends are on the ground, move back!”
“My friends have fainted, move back!” 
“My friends can’t breath, move back!”
- nothing. Not one bit of movement. 

I could still see people laughing with no idea what was going on. At this point I thought my friends were going to die, I was standing up and I couldn’t breath so I couldn’t imagine how they felt. I was hysterically screaming for people to move but it was only the people around me who knew the seriousness. 

With more and more pushing, I also fell. But the thing about me was that I wasn’t on the ground, I was on top of someone, and this person was on top of someone else. As I looked down I could see multiple bodies underneath me and as I looked up I could see multiple bodies on top of me. It was the most traumatic, frightening and stressful moment of my life. 

I was looking about for my friends and trying to keep my head up. As dramatic as it sounds, I closed my eyes for a little and accepted what was going to happen however, an elbow to my throat soon woke me up. People were scratching, biting and grabbing anything they could to pull themselves up to breath. I think that’s what really shows the seriousness of it all, people were literally fighting for their lives. 

It got to a point where even when I had my eyes open, I couldn’t see. It felt like this went on forever but eventually I felt bodies being dragged over me and beside me. It wasn’t the bouncers and it wasn’t the police, it was the young people in the line who pulled me out. 

My leg was caught underneath someone and my hair was caught somewhere else, my jeans were pulled down around my thighs and my jersey above my head but I was getting pulled out nonetheless. I lay on the ground and opened my eyes, I remember seeing some motionless legs, a few socks and shoes and then I was pulled up and brought away. 

I rang my parents to explain what had happened and let them know I was okay, I then tried to find my friends. I ran about frantically. I seen a young boy lying motionless trying to be resuscitated by the ambulance crew and I seen his friends screech as they found out he wasn’t going to make it. 

I don’t think I will ever experience more relief in my life than when I seen one of my friends that had fallen, I was shocked she was alive. We all eventually found each other apart from my other friend that had fallen. We heard people had seen him, that he was roughed up but he was okay, I needed to see him myself though. He then came running towards us sobbing and all we could do was hug him. 

These ‘people’ aren’t just ‘people’, they were young people, teenagers at 16/17 years old. They were only children. 

It could’ve been anyone. 

Unfortunately, a friend of mine who I had seen in the line and chatted to minutes beforehand has died. Morgan and the two other angels, just like the rest of us, left their families last night for an enjoyable night out but unlike the rest of us, they didn’t make it home. My heart breaks for their poor families.

There is no sugar coating what happened last night. As it got serious, we banged the windows of the hotel and tried to get help. The people inside simply looked away. While this was happening the gates were still locked and the bouncers were no help. If it wasn’t for the young people doing the right thing and ringing the police, the situation could’ve been so much worse. 

The truth is, this could’ve been prevented.

I’m heartbroken.

41 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

That’s horrific reading mate 

Could have been a lot worse ffs

When it all calms down the hotel are going to have some answering to do about it mate.

Think all 3 that died were underage and who decided locking gates behind a mass amount of people trying to get through one door was a good idea 

17 hours ago, BeargerNo.1 said:

Glasgow Labour MP - Sweeney.

It really is about time that Glasgow, a city with an Irish diaspora that is amongst the largest and oldest in the world, organised its own official St. Patrick's Day celebration and parade. We are missing a big opportunity. Let's turn the Clyde green once a year!

Which is fine, if a group of people want to arrange a celebration of something with some kind of parade thats fair enough. 

But tally that with the relentless anti orange march agenda and it doesn't seem so fair. 

6 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Which is fine, if a group of people want to arrange a celebration of something with some kind of parade thats fair enough. 

But tally that with the relentless anti orange march agenda and it doesn't seem so fair. 

Make no mistake, this Glasgow council, SNP run, will let every leftie March through the city centre, while curtailing our parades, in case anyone has been in a coma, these bastards are trying to stamp out anything British.