Gerrard on transfer targets

backup

31 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

I would.

We have players who have played at the top level in the EPL, guys who play for Columbia, guys who have played CL football and the list goes on.

conpared to Aberdeen and Killie there is a clear gap in terms of quality  

Jack Kamara Kent Dan Halliday Worral Goldson Tav McCrorie Katic Middleton 

Your right all CL EPL standard players, what was I thinking. 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Last season was a freak season for Windass, he likely won't score as many goals as that again in a season.

He scored 1 less goal in his last season at Accrington. Not exactly a freak season then. 

This debate about Windass is becoming daft anyway. I don't know why it's so difficult for people to admit that we haven't replaced what the guy offered us in terms of goals and assists. I think just about everyone on here would agree that we have badly needed a creative midfielder or second striker type to help take the load of Morelos this season. 

Gerrard may very well have thought that Ejaria, Kent, Arfield and Lafferty could spread the load between them but the reality is that that hasn't happened.

7 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

Whether we tried to or not the question remains the same and still unanswered by you. Did we replace his goals and assists? 

Not sure what your getting at to be honest. 

GD of 26 in 17/18

GD of 44 so far in 18/19 

Mo has scored more and the goals are spread out more around the team, so yes we have replaced those goals  

It looks like your just looking for a stick to hit Stevie with. If your just simply looking for us to have signed another player that will score 13 goals a season then your taking being pedantic to a whole new level

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

GD of 26 in 17/18

GD of 44 so far in 18/19 

Mo has scored more and the goals are spread out more around the team, so yes we have replaced those goals  

It looks like your just looking for a stick to hit Stevie with. If your just simply looking for us to have signed another player that will score 13 goals a season then your taking being pedantic to a whole new level

I'm not looking for anything to beat him with in regards to Windass, I was happy to see the back of him to be quite honest. But you initially acted as if it was ridiculous to suggest we had missed the contributions of the guy when it isn't at all. We lost a player that gave us 18 goals and 8 assists last season and quite simply did not replace that. We have become incredibly reliant on Morelos and have no consistent secondary goal threat in the squad nevermind starting 11.

You can dress it up with goal difference stats all you want but it's as clear as day that we have badly missed another player to either create or score goals for us regularly this season and the manager and Mark Allen have had plenty time to address that problem. 

11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

GD of 26 in 17/18

GD of 44 so far in 18/19 

We conceded 50 league goals last season.  This season we’ve conceded 22.  That’s why the GD is better.

Just now, KBOO72 said:

I'm not looking for anything to beat him with in regards to Windass, I was happy to see the back of him to be quite honest. But you initially acted as if it was ridiculous to suggest we had missed the contributions of the guy when it isn't at all. We lost a player that gave us 18 goals and 8 assists last season and quite simply did not replace that. We have become incredibly reliant on Morelos and have no consistent secondary goal threat in the squad nevermind starting 11.

You can dress it up with goal difference stats all you want but it's as clear as day that we have badly missed another player to either create or score goals for us regularly this season and the manager and Mark Allen have had plenty time to address that problem. 

Well that’s because we haven’t missed Windass. 

Its not dressing up anything the stats don’t lie. 

Stevie and Allen have addressed it they brought in players, your acting like we got shot of a lazy arsehole in Windass and did nothing to replace him. 

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

We conceded 50 league goals last season.  This season we’ve conceded 22.  That’s why the GD is better.

Scored 66 so far and scored 76 last season so well on course to match that total. 

Looks like we have replaced the mighty Windass’s goals. 

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Stevie and Allen have addressed it they brought in players, your acting like we got shot of a lazy arsehole in Windass and did nothing to replace him. 

Forget about Windass, we have clearly missed a player, any player, who could give us 18 goals and 8 assists. 

Those stats are irrelevant because our defence has been vastly improved on last season. 

They quite clearly haven't addressed it though because just about every Rangers fan knows we are seriously missing an attacking midfielder who can create and score goals for us. And my whole point has been that yes, we got rid of a lazy bastard who went hiding on multiple occasions during games, and yes we did try to replace him... But we haven't!! 

Just now, KBOO72 said:

Forget about Windass, we have clearly missed a player, any player, who could give us 18 goals and 8 assists. 

Those stats are irrelevant because our defence has been vastly improved on last season. 

They quite clearly haven't addressed it though because just about every Rangers fan knows we are seriously missing an attacking midfielder who can create and score goals for us. And my whole point has been that yes, we got rid of a lazy bastard who went hiding on multiple occasions during games, and yes we did try to replace him... But we haven't!! 

I agree we need a couple of midfielders that will give us around 8/10 goals each a season. 

Playing a 4-3-3 the 2 wide players in that front 3 also have to chip in with 10/12 goals a season. 

Again I think the players we have brought in haven’t stepped up to the plate in that one. But we are still on course to match last seasons total so the goals have been replaced if not from just one player. 

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Of course we did, plenty lazy arseholes at the club now the left back being one.

2 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

To me it’s just about what he could have offered from the bench. I know what his worst was but at his best he had pace, power and he ran at players and he offered a goal threat. Middleton aside we don’t really have anybody on the bench who can change a game by offering something different or a bit of an X factor. It’s all very like for like or sameish. Even the option of Lafferty is quite predictable because we are only going to do one thing when we throw him on and it plays to the majority of the centre halves in the leagues strengths.

Have I really been reading that we should have kept Windass ?? I do not care what his stats were he was never going to make it at Rangers so thankfully he is away.

I will add that IMO we need to get rid of many of the first pick players we still have, we have to rid the team from the perpetual losers who play nearly every game or 10,11 and fuck knows how many more will be won by the tarriers which is hellish to contemplate. :depressed:

15 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

There is clearly something wrong between Gerrard and mccrorie. 

Whatever it is these differences need to be put aside for the good of the team.

I could be wrong but I’m sure Gerrard said in a video earlier in the season that Ross is still young and needs to be protected and not overplayed. 

I’d like to think Gerrard has spoken privately with Ross big Katic and glenn explaining that he doesn’t want to burn them out.