Gerrard on transfer targets

backup

14 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

😂 steady mate, Windass is fast becoming the next thing to slap Stevie with. 

It's not Gerrards fault in his interviews it seems clear he wanted to keep him but the board wanted money.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

My my your bullshit levels are through the roof this morning. 

No at all Gerrard did Rave about Windass the board wanted the cash. we have missed his goals not his attitude though or application at times.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We miss Murphy more than windass IMO.

I know allot of people don't rate him, but is a real direct goal threat for us.

Different style to Kent who has been great this season, but needs a rest at the moment.

I really like Murphy for me he would play every week before Kent till Kent learns the game more. Kent would be a great impact sub in latter parts of the game.

Just now, Smile said:

I really like Murphy for me he would play every week before Kent till Kent learns the game more.

I really rate them both.

Will suit different games. I honestly think that if we had Murphy for the whole season, we would be at least 6 points better off.

Murphy was basically replaced by Grezda who has done nearly nothing.

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Different style to Kent who has been great this season, but needs a rest at the moment.

Murhpy would have been ideal for 443. He would cut in more and offer another goal threat alongside morelos.  

I have faith in Gerrard.

Talk of replacing him is utterly embarrassing. We pride ourselves in many traditions, and one of which is the respect and time given to our managers.

In recent years, this has not been the case, understandably, but this guy is different to them. He deserves the chance to prove you wrong.

9 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I have faith in Gerrard.

Talk of replacing him is utterly embarrassing. We pride ourselves in many traditions, and one of which is the respect and time given to our managers.

In recent years, this has not been the case, understandably, but this guy is different to them. He deserves the chance to prove you wrong.

Why?

23 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I have faith in Gerrard.

Based on what ? 

20 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

I still think he is the one most likely to attract the kind of players we need to get us the results we need to succeed.

SG and MA need to get the funds to achieve this goal ..... over to the money men now to produce the means of this happening.

SG needs to be given the time to turn things around .... we have to stop wanting to change managers without giving the current one ( who has made quiet a difference this season) the allotted time to break through this cycle of inconsistency. 

:UK:

They go for 9 next year and if they get that then 10 the year after.   Time is a thing he does not have as we wasted time and funds on a guy who should never have been near Ibrox and that was Pedro who spent £2 on Pena , £1m on Herrera?  

This is a very poor celtic team running away with the league remember 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

That's the guy we miss with  the system we play,  I would have played a fully fit Murphy before Candeias and Kent 

55 minutes ago, Marky. said:

I have faith in Gerrard.

Talking of replacing him is because we keep drawing games against Killie, Sj Johnstone , Dundee, Hibs x3 and the fact the sheep have pumped us out of both cups and pumped us twice at Ibrox this season might also have something to do with it   

Gerrard is living on his name not what he is producing , we are a Jekyll and Hyde team, me I expect to go to the beggers and come away with a draw as we have the players who on their game can hurt that mob.   

This is one of the poorest celtic teams I have saw in a long long time.  They have lost 4 games in the league  this season the same as us yet we still trail them by 10 points?   We beat Hibs 3 times, stjohnstone at Ibrox and Dundee away we are level with them 

We have 8 games left now and I want to see some consistency as we have only won 17 out of 30 league games and that is not acceptable for any Rangers manager with the budget he has had.

3 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

They go for 9 next year and if they get that then 10 the year after.   Time is a thing he does not have as we wasted time and funds on a guy who should never have been near Ibrox and that was Pedro who spent £2 on Pena , £1m on Herrera?  

This is a very poor celtic team running away with the league remember 

👍

All the above is true mate .... and the timing of SG arriving at Ibrox is unfortunate when you look at the possibility of the scum winning more titles ... I still think he is our best shot at stopping them next season as I believe no other incoming manager will be able to stop them reaching 9 in their first season in office ..... time is the killer now as you say .... but SG is still the best option we have of changing the situation next season despite some unacceptable results this season .... but only time (what we have left that is) will tell if I am right or wrong.

:UK:

Maybe the DOF and Gerrard need to find some players for defence, midfield and forwards who are physical enough to stand up for themselves and the Club and who can put themselves about by dishing out some far tougher treatment to other teams.  Players who don't need the sort of protection SG refers to in a media interview (extracted below).   I'm not saying he's incorrect about dangerous tackles, I'm just suggesting that since this game up here against us is a very physical one where pretty much anything is permitted when opposition players dish it out, we should meet fire with fire and then some.   

But manager Gerrard believes the visitors "were wiping out our players". "We don't feel as if we are getting enough protection at the moment, that's for sure," he said.   "There is a difference between a foul and dangerous tackles and I thought there were a lot dangerous tackles out there."