Gerrard on transfer targets

backup

I’ve a feeling we will target that Cooper from Millwall at CB but I think we need to shift a lot of deadwood out before thinking about more Coming in imo far too many average midfielders for me and others like Flanagan, Grezda, Barisic, none have what it takes to make it here 

1 minute ago, MARK92GERS said:

I’ve a feeling we will target that Cooper from Millwall at CB but I think we need to shift a lot of deadwood out before thinking about more Coming in imo far too many average midfielders for me and others like Flanagan, Grezda, Barisic, none have what it takes to make it here 

I wanted to watch him yesterday. Was he any good? Millwall conceded two very late goals.

9 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I really rate them both.

Will suit different games. I honestly think that if we had Murphy for the whole season, we would be at least 6 points better off.

Murphy was basically replaced by Grezda who has done nearly nothing.

Murphy and arfield behind morelos up front, have jack or kamara sitting covering the middle, i think murphy could link defence to attack, we dont have that the now

2 hours ago, MARK92GERS said:

The market in England even at that level will be a bit too expensive. 

Just now, Smile said:

The market in England even at that level will be a bit too expensive. 

If we sell Morelos we'll have enough money to spend big on a few players.  I agree with the guy above and think we'll go back for Jake Cooper.  The manager obviously wanted him last summer and there was reports that we continued to scout him this season.  

Just now, TMB said:

If we sell Morelos we'll have enough money to spend big on a few players.  I agree with the guy above and think we'll go back for Jake Cooper.  The manager obviously wanted him last summer and there was reports that we continued to scout him this season.  

How much do you think he will cost?

4 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Maybe the DOF and Gerrard need to find some players for defence, midfield and forwards who are physical enough to stand up for themselves and the Club and who can put themselves about by dishing out some far tougher treatment to other teams.  Players who don't need the sort of protection SG refers to in a media interview (extracted below).   I'm not saying he's incorrect about dangerous tackles, I'm just suggesting that since this game up here against us is a very physical one where pretty much anything is permitted when opposition players dish it out, we should meet fire with fire and then some.   

But manager Gerrard believes the visitors "were wiping out our players". "We don't feel as if we are getting enough protection at the moment, that's for sure," he said.   "There is a difference between a foul and dangerous tackles and I thought there were a lot dangerous tackles out there."

Seriously? If you think we could have thugs in our team who would stay on the field in the present climate you're deluded.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

A lot of money for one player.

If he's a quality player then he would be worth every penny.  We need to have faith in the scouts and managers ability to identify talent.  John Brown has a good track record for spotting defenders hopefully he'll be keeping an eye out.

47 minutes ago, Mcloy_72 said:

Anyone else worried about giving steven the morelos money to spend?

Yes but if we don't get rid of him we need to give him the money. We were obviously in 2 minds about Warburton and in the end kept him but didn't back him

Realistically how much of the current first team do we need to replace and can replace to lift the title?

I don't see us spending big now, can maybe see us getting 6 players at most. I'd say a CD two CD, two strikers and at least one winger is required.

Just wish we had some academy youths ready for the first team, but maybe it's too early for that type of thing.

5 minutes ago, Mcloy_72 said:

Fair enough but only kent,mgregor,arfield,goldson.Get pass marks for me.

At the start of the season, we saw Barisic and thought we would like to sign him. Katic and Goldson were rocks at the start and happy. 

Until we played Killie after the split, it has all gone wrong. Hindsight is glorious but that's two players I have named we were all happy with. 

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Yes but if we don't get rid of him we need to give him the money. We were obviously in 2 minds about Warburton and in the end kept him but didn't back him

That's the question I would love the answer to. Why they never backed Warbs yet paid for Pedro the new Mourinho to be released from his contract then let him waste £2m on Pena , £1m of Herrera , those 2 clowns should never been near Ibrox yet the board allowed £3m to be spunked away on those two donkeys yet the only head to roll was Pedro.

Now would be be closer if Warbs never left and we gave him the money Pedro wasted and backed him the way we have Gerrard?  

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

At the start of the season, we saw Barisic and thought we would like to sign him. Katic and Goldson were rocks at the start and happy. 

Until we played Killie after the split, it has all gone wrong. Hindsight is glorious but that's two players I have named we were all happy with. 

I agree I think we have some good players and as a squad we can match celtic who are nothing special , but tactics, inconsistency fuck knows but we have drawn far too many games which means 2 pts dropped here there and everywhere, the problem is we could and should  have won far more drawn games than we could have lost and could easily have been sitting top of the league if we put these teams to the sword when we were on well on top during the games  

Hibs at Easter rd sums us up all season, All over them playing great football and looking really good  but could only score 1" the final ball was lacking time and again, we should have had that game sewn up by halftime yet we were holding on for 1pt in the end.  

2 hours ago, Mcloy_72 said:

Anyone else worried about giving steven the morelos money to spend?

In for a penny in fir a pound, Gerrard knows a player as we have a good squad of players, it's about getting the best out of these  players and getting them to finish teams off and be more consistent, most are concerned about.