Grezda

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's played 18 games for us so far and twenty games before that since 2016 someone must have recommended him.

Certainly looks like it, and unfortunately he’s looking like another poor recommendation.

I know it wouldn’t be popular with a lot of people but I don’t know why we didn’t look to appoint John Park to our scouting department when he left celtic. He’s a proven commodity with a pretty good track record of finding players who do well on the park and then make the club a profit at a club with expectations and demands that are similar to ours.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Certainly looks like it, and unfortunately he’s looking like another poor recommendation.

I know it wouldn’t be popular with a lot of people but I don’t know why we didn’t look to appoint John Park to our scouting department when he left celtic. He’s a proven commodity with a pretty good track record of finding players who do well on the park and then make the club a profit at a club with expectations and demands that are similar to ours.

Yes, I was reading it was his that got them vandyke wanyama so he knows what he's doing.

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Far too early to come to this conclusion surely. Mark hateley, for example, was utter dog shit after playing far more games than grezda according to most of our support back then. I even know one bloke who I wont embarrass who honestly declared laudrup  a dud after 2 games. And it wasn't chick young.

Hateley came with a pedigree having played in some top leagues in Europe so he did get stick but also a bit of leeway as he had his fair share of injuries, my main concern with Grezda is he just looks lost and terrified to take the ball and run....watching him in his YouTube video is more inspiring than in real life I'm afraid. 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, I was reading it was his that got them vandyke wanyama so he knows what he's doing.

Played a key role in bringing through the crop at Hibs with Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher & Thomson and that made them a lot of money too IIRC.

Basically it looks like the guy knows what he’s doing and I’ve not seen much evidence this season that our current scouting department do.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Played a key role in bringing through the crop at Hibs with Brown, Whittaker, Fletcher & Thomson and that made them a lot of money too IIRC.

Basically it looks like the guy knows what he’s doing and I’ve not seen much evidence this season that our current scouting department do.

Early days for some of our players maybe or hopefully they still have time to come good. We seem to have missed out or not even tried to get him.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Early days for some of our players maybe or hopefully they still have time to come good. We seem to have missed out or not even tried to get him.

Maybe I’m being optimistic but I still think Katic, Barasic & hopefully Grezda will be better with a year’s experience in the league behind them and a full pre season to build their physical strength up. Better players than them have taken time to settle into sides who were nowhere near as inconsistent as we are.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Maybe I’m being optimistic but I still think Katic, Barasic & hopefully Grezda will be better with a year’s experience in the league behind them and a full pre season to build their physical strength up. Better players than them have taken time to settle into sides who were nowhere near as inconsistent as we are.

That's what I'm hoping for as well and the lennon effect when he pisses every player off and makes a cunt of it would help as well.

Against Killie Gredza could have had a tap in when Defoe smashed the ball across the 6 yard line in a cross/shot at the goal, maybe could have slid to knock it in, least he was in the right place. Think Candeias is running on empty  maybe Gredza could be used after the international break.

30 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Hateley came with a pedigree having played in some top leagues in Europe so he did get stick but also a bit of leeway as he had his fair share of injuries, my main concern with Grezda is he just looks lost and terrified to take the ball and run....watching him in his YouTube video is more inspiring than in real life I'm afraid. 

Hateley did come with a pedigree but I don't remember him getting much leeway cos of his injuries, a lot of people thought he was a lump of wood and it took a fair while for them to change their minds.You may be right about Grezda in the long run I just think its far too early to make a judgement.

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Also played a key role in robbing them for superstars like Pukki and Balde (over £8m for both).  He's a hit/miss when you look at his recruitment over Hibs and Celtc.

25 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Hateley did come with a pedigree but I don't remember him getting much leeway cos of his injuries, a lot of people thought he was a lump of wood and it took a fair while for them to change their minds.You may be right about Grezda in the long run I just think its far too early to make a judgement.

It’s a fallacy that it took Attilla some time to settle in.  Iirc he was up and running within a month and in every season he played with us he was part of a title winning team 

I agree about Grezda

5 minutes ago, bordersbear said:

Katic definitely for me the other two need some game time and to step up. 

Hopefully next season there year as the fewer players we replace the better rather than trying to replace half a team all the time, this team needs continuity.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Hopefully next season there year as the fewer players we replace the better rather than trying to replace half a team all the time, this team needs continuity.

The club needs continuity. All these changes just unsettle any staff that manage to stay from one regime to another. Why give your all when you expect to get moved on after a year or so? 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It’s a fallacy that it took Attilla some time to settle in.  Iirc he was up and running within a month and in every season he played with us he was part of a title winning team 

I agree about Grezda

I wouldn't dispute that hateley showed his worth even in his first season, it definitely took a while before he was fully appreciated by a lot of people though. 

That high tackle on Grezda in the Kilmarnock game.   Utterly shocking.   Downright dangerous.   But that's the sort of permitted play he is having to get to grips with in this league.   

Thing is though, one of these tackles in one of these games will end up putting a Rangers player out of the game for good.   Not the first time that's happened but it sure seems to me to be shaping up to happen again.

3 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Against Killie Gredza could have had a tap in when Defoe smashed the ball across the 6 yard line in a cross/shot at the goal, maybe could have slid to knock it in, least he was in the right place. Think Candeias is running on empty  maybe Gredza could be used after the international break.

I agree with that. Candeias has went from setting up goal after goal for Moelos to being knackered by half time. Gredza needs brought in some more to give him a rest.

27 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Everyone is.. 

That was my point.  As much as he got good people tend to forget the ones he got bad (and cost THEM a fortune, too).  MA has not go a 100% report card so far but he has made a few smart decisions and I am so far satisfied he is taking us in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

That was my point.  As much as he got good people tend to forget the ones he got bad (and cost THEM a fortune, too).  MA has not go a 100% report card so far but he has made a few smart decisions and I am so far satisfied he is taking us in the right direction.

Agree.

11 hours ago, Iggy666 said:

Was saying the same at work. Can't imagine how killie fans can be happy paying money to watch their team play like that. I'd be raging. 

Mate they've been dug shite for about 12 year and now they're challenging for Europe and giving us and the tims a proper contest, they're fans will be loving it at the minute, Walter Smith is my greatest ever Rangers manager but I've saw his teams do to the tims and European teams what Kilmarnock do to us and if it gets you results you couldny give a fuck how you play.