First season out of 10

Burts91

Saw a question on Twitter. How would you rate Gerrards first season out of ten. 

Interested to see the answers. 

Even though we are ten points behind I feel like he’s given us a bit of credibility back with victories against celtic and a much better than expected European run. I’d go for roughly 7.5/10 personally. 

Facets of the season were much much better than expected In my opinion, but the cup losses to Aberdeen have been sickeners. 

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't be higher than a '6' for me. Our run in European was an unexpected bonus (though even that is tinged with frustration) and our totally dominant win in the last OF game was better than anything McCoist, Warburton, or Caixinha delivered but - at the end of the day - our club has winning hard-wired into it and another season without a trophy is a failure. 

Disappointed with the inconsistency, but there are some very good players here that just need to get their confidence back. I never expected to make the groups in the Europa and to remain unbeaten against Villarreal was some achievement (especially as they are still doing well in the tournament).

The celtic win was another big moment, proving we can go toe-to-toe with them.

However, the lack of creativity in the middle has been a real killer. The cups have proven this, we really struggle with teams sitting in or scoring early against us. No manager is going to get every signing right and Gerrard felt he had to make major changes, so I'm under no illusions that it will take time. I fully expect us to be a different animal come next season.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Can't be higher than a '6' for me. Our run in European was an unexpected bonus (though even that is tinged with frustration) and our totally dominant win in the last OF game was better than anything McCoist, Warburton, or Caixinha delivered but - at the end of the day - our club has winning hard-wired into it and another season without a trophy is a failure. 

McCoist beat celtic twice.

And we were just as dominant in the 3-2 game as we were in this last win.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

McCoist beat celtic twice.

And we were just as dominant in the 3-2 game as we were in this last win.

I don't think it's fair to judge Gerrard against a title-winning team McCoist largely inherited from the greatest manager in our recent history. Beating them then and beating them since we were demoted are two very different things. 

19 players in. Similar points total to last year. Aberdeen losing Rooney, Mclean and Christie imo made them a weaker prospect this year.

So I really don’t see it as we have improved and the league has improved hence why similar points totals...

I see as Aberdeen are weaker and have achieved their levels of last year. Kilmarnock have improved, hibs and hearts are most definitely weaker.

Our consistency has been criminal - occasionally look excellent - but mostly look average. 

European run aside it’s been very poor. 

Gerrard was backed better than any manager of recent times. Find it hard to give better than 5/10.

No trophies, no contest in the league at the split, 10 points behind them, papped out both cups to Aberdeen, don’t even make the SF of the SC, and some people are giving 6 and 7s out of 10.

Fuck me.

Going by your judgement on squad comparison, anything else you have an opinion on is deeply suspect. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Your really going to compare this squad to the one that prick had and fucked up. 

Where am I comparing squads in that post?

The guy I replied to said the OF win in December was better than anything McCoist, Warburton or Caixinha delivered. I merely replied that McCoist beat them twice.

Where am I comparing squads in that post?

The guy I replied to said the OF win in December was better than anything McCoist, Warburton or Caixinha delivered. I merely replied that McCoist beat them twice.

So your comparing squads then. 

Archived