First season out of 10

Burts91

He has given me some of my best nights as a Rangers fan in about a decade.  Right now I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt based on that.

There is no debate our recent form has been terrible, but this season as a whole hasn't been IMO.  

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

It doesnt, but what it does is take that particular albatross off.

If we hadn't won that game, it would be used as a stick to beat him with (understandably), so it does need to be highlighted positively too. 

I'm not happy with the silly points dropped either, just adding balance to the discussion. 

The irony is we have played arguably a lot worse since that win than we did prior to that game this season

I think a 7 is a fair score. Some disappointing aspects but also some plus’s. Biggest disappointment is that they are shite and we’ve not taken advantage. A couple more good results against them and i might go to 7.5. 

8 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The irony is we have played arguably a lot worse since that win than we did prior to that game this season

That's where the frustration comes in. We reached a very high level of performance in that game that we haven't matched very often since.  When we do, we look a very good team. Hopefully we are mentally stronger next season. 

Anyone think for a minute King will sack his boy and bring in some steady no mark manager of mediocrity and give him money to make a challenge?

Asides the fact that Gerrard has been an unrivalled business success thus far.

Thought not!

Moon howiing is cool though.

:mutley:

By the end of the season he'll be a solid 7 out of 10.

At the start of the season I expected (not wanted, but expected) us to finish a clear 2nd in the league while being much closer to them, and to have at least been in one cup final. If he'd have done that he's getting an 8. I think the unexpected run in Europe and the benefits in terms of exposure and revenue nullify the cup bits a little but not completely, so 7 is a fair outcome I reckon.

Just now, chris182 said:

5 for me

How anyone can give him any more is honestly baffling.

I sound like I have it in for him but I really don't, I said earlier in the thread that I trust him to rectify his mistakes next season and at the moment still back him. That doesn't mean this season has been anything other than abject failure.

7 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No trophies, no contest in the league at the split, 10 points behind them, papped out both cups to Aberdeen, don’t even make the SF of the SC, and some people are giving 6 and 7s out of 10.

Fuck me.

Yup.

A sad state of where many of our own hold us now, it's quite sad really.

Our season has been honking, a early Euro run and ultimately group elimination against poor sides doesn't change that.

No cup finals...or semi's, league over before March and countless embarrassing displays and results.

It's at best a 5/10 and that's me being very generous. Just another shit season full of false hopes and red necks.

We have spent the best part of 10 million quid and domestically we are no better off than last season.... that's disgraceful

At this time I would say 6 that could however move up, say if he collected 4 points against that lot and defeated Aberdeen then that would push him up 2 places, if however we get skelped off that lot and we ship second then he would sink below 5 imo. The worst thing about this is it could easily go either way at this point. Maybe I am just becoming weary of the big expectation only to be left feeling frustrated and flat. He definitely improved our fortunes in Europe, the fact we came so close was excellent when you think about it. 

38 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

How anyone can give him any more is honestly baffling.

I sound like I have it in for him but I really don't, I said earlier in the thread that I trust him to rectify his mistakes next season and at the moment still back him. That doesn't mean this season has been anything other than abject failure.

Yep, has only achieved the minimum acceptable outcome domestically (assuming we finish second - we have broken our funk over the goblins). 

Even then it's borderline 

I'm going to say it's been a 7 out of 10 season.

The European run gave us all a buzz, passed our expectations, despite the negative posters who wrongly predicted each game.

Plus millions to the Club.  Hopefully those millions will be used wisely to strengthen the squad in the next window.

On the domestic front, we suffered from inconsistency, both in results and referees, which cost us.

We are, IMHO, better than a year ago, due mainly to having 14 euro games compared to 2 last season.

Archived