First season out of 10

Burts91

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

To me it barely holds under scrutiny and it’s used as the only real defence to a poor season.

The league and cups are the bread and butter. Aberdeen have been weakened so we should have leapfrogged them. We have signed 19 players loan and permanent, some big fees, and big wages and the consistency has been criminal. 

There should have been a genuine title challenge. celtic have been poor and were there for the taking.

i just disagree. i wasnt expecting a title challenge this year at the start of the year. However actually when it came to xmas i was. maybe that increase in expectation is where the team bottles it.

Definitely improved , gave them a lesson in December expected to kick on , not materialised , to many avarage players that brings the inconsistency which prevents us from going on a championship winning run , my biggest problem with Gerrard is the midfield, the player he was and eg he thinks the sun shines out Ryan jacks arse , the middle of the park needs addressed with at least 3 players that can create and score goals , if the budget doesn’t stretch to this he needs to spend hours transforming the current midfield on the training ground 

12 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

i just disagree. i wasnt expecting a title challenge this year at the start of the year. However actually when it came to xmas i was. maybe that increase in expectation is where the team bottles it.

Does anyone think Murty or warburton could have achieved at least the same points total as now with McGregor, Arfield, Morelos, the guts of £10m on 4 players because I certainly do.

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

but your expecting a gerrard team in his first season to come out and hump them? how does that make sense?

It doesn't make sense because not once did I say I expect Gerrards team to come out and hump them, that's just nonsense from you. I do however expect them to be beating shite like Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee, St johnstone etc regularly.

We currently stand 2 points closer to the beggars than we finished last season, lose the next game at the piggery will see us go 13 behind them, so if we finish 13 behind them then where is the improvement? Not like they have had it all plain sailing with Rodgers leaving and the Griffiths situation. People are getting far too carried away with what, for me, has been a massive let down of a season after promising early signs. However I trust that he can fix it and has probably let players know they won't be here hence their performance level dropping.

1 minute ago, Hutton2008 said:

Does anyone think Murty or warburton could have achieved at least the same points total as now with McGregor, Arfield, Morelos, the guys of £10m on 4 players because I certainly do.

shagger - free

tav  - £250k

Goldson £3M

Worral loan

barasic - £1M

arfield - free

kent  - loan

candies - free

jack - free

Mcrorie/coulibali/kamara - loan/free/25K

Morelos £1m

would LOVE to compare that to almost any team that mccoist had available

Europe - 8/10, fell at the last hurdle but massively overachieved

Domestically - 1/10, very poor, only 1 point better off than last season & out of both cups to a piss poor Aberdeen team.

Transfers - 3/10, some signings started well & the free transfers have done well (Arfield/Mcgregor) but we've spent a good 5/6 million on 3 foreign players, all of whom I wouldn't be surprised to see getting punted in the summer.

Overall would give him a 5/10.

30 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

To me it barely holds under scrutiny and it’s used as the only real defence to a poor season.

The league and cups are the bread and butter. Aberdeen have been weakened so we should have leapfrogged them. We have signed 19 players loan and permanent, some big fees, and big wages and the consistency has been criminal. 

There should have been a genuine title challenge. celtic have been poor and were there for the taking.

I agree with all that but I also think we could not expect a manager with no experience to turn us around in nine months.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It doesn't make sense because not once did I say I expect Gerrards team to come out and hump them, that's just nonsense from you. I do however expect them to be beating shite like Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee, St johnstone etc regularly.

We currently stand 2 points closer to the beggars than we finished last season, lose the next game at the piggery will see us go 13 behind them, so if we finish 13 behind them then where is the improvement? Not like they have had it all plain sailing with Rodgers leaving and the Griffiths situation. People are getting far too carried away with what, for me, has been a massive let down of a season after promising early signs. However I trust that he can fix it and has probably let players know they won't be here hence their performance level dropping.

whats your walter smith solitary point post about then? it appears to me you were trying to talk down the walter/ally team in order to reinforce your point.

I think 6 would be fair, he has improved the team but has bought a few duds. Our European run cannot be dismissed, but our domestic inconsistency is the big problem and ultimately what goes against him. Apart from Europe, we don't seem to win the big big games - that needs to be addressed.

Without Europe I would have said a 4 or 5, 6 including.

6 at best.

Europe at the time was great, should be beating 3 of the 4 in qualifiers but still great, should 100% have qualified through that group, last game against Rapid gives me the fear.

Cups were embarrassing. 

League is rotten. celtic being shite and we’re as close just now as we were under Murty.

His team selections absolutely baffles me a lot of the time. 

Overall sack him

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

McCoist beat celtic twice.

And we were just as dominant in the 3-2 game as we were in this last win.

Mcoist team was still heavily influenced by the team which just won 3 titles in a row under Smith. That team was already capable of matching or dominating an evenly matched celtic for 90 minutes. Gerrard produced it after 2 years of various humiliations to celtic. Since that game however we have hardly kicked a ball so it was just another false dawn.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

shagger - free

tav  - £250k

Goldson £3M

Worral loan

barasic - £1M

arfield - free

kent  - loan

candies - free

jack - free

Morelos £1m

Katie and Grezda?

8 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

shagger - free

tav  - £250k

Goldson £3M

Worral loan

barasic - £1M

arfield - free

kent  - loan

candies - free

jack - free

Morelos £1m

I didn’t mention mccoist. 

You forgot Katic and Grezda 

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

I agree with all that but I also think we could not expect a manager with no experience to turn us around in nine months.

A manager with no experience shouldn’t have been at the helm. I was excited when he came in but reality set in. 

He doesn’t learn week in week out and I cant see him learning throughout the seasons tbh. 

Plenty of experienced managers could have come in and romped the league considering how shite the alleged top side is and has been. 

Too many people are blinded by Gerrard the exceptional player to see the below mediocre Gerrard the manager. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Ive picked players that have not been injured regulary/that have played. I  cant choose everybody - bang them both in if you want.

Once again I didn’t mention Mccoist or his squad so I don’t get your point.

7 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

whats your walter smith solitary point post about then? it appears to me you were trying to talk down the walter/ally team in order to reinforce your point.

Seems more like you were trying to make a point that Walter left Ally some sort of magnificent team to work with that he duly fucked up, meanwhile talking up Gerrards achievement of taking a pish Murty/Pedro side and making them much better.

Archived