First season out of 10

Burts91

5 minutes ago, OhW said:

The victory against them was sorely needed but they were awful that day. Teenager upfront, McGregor at left-back, we got them at the right time. 

And they still could have sneaked at least a point at the end.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, plumbGER said:

Seems more like you were trying to make a point that Walter left Ally some sort of magnificent team to work with that he duly fucked up, meanwhile talking up Gerrards achievement of taking a pish Murty/Pedro side and making them much better.

nope. i stated that i think ally was left a far better team that gerrard was left.

I still dont see your point re saying Walter finished a solitary point ahead. It doesnt appear to support your argument.

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

A manager with no experience shouldn’t have been at the helm. I was excited when he came in but reality set in. 

He doesn’t learn week in week out and I cant see him learning throughout the seasons tbh. 

Plenty of experienced managers could have come in and romped the league considering how shite the alleged top side is and has been. 

Too many people are blinded by Gerrard the exceptional player to see the below mediocre Gerrard the manager. 

I never wanted him when it said we were going for him, I can see his faults where others can't but I can still admit given his inexperience he needs more time, I do also agree if he was not called Gerrard more posters would have given up on him.   

5 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

A manager with no experience shouldn’t have been at the helm. I was excited when he came in but reality set in. 

He doesn’t learn week in week out and I cant see him learning throughout the seasons tbh. 

Plenty of experienced managers could have come in and romped the league considering how shite the alleged top side is and has been. 

Too many people are blinded by Gerrard the exceptional player to see the below mediocre Gerrard the manager. 

Caixinha is an experienced manager. You can’t just say an experienced manager comes in and romps it. Easy thing to say difficult thing to do. 

6 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

Caixinha is an experienced manager. You can’t just say an experienced manager comes in and romps it. Easy thing to say difficult thing to do. 

Forget the level of experience.  Let's just say a 'good' manager could've came in last summer and put up a title challenge.  Finding a good manager isn't easy but if we had one we could've done a lot better.

11 minutes ago, Burts91 said:

I should have been clear. An experienced manager who hasn’t just come from the footballing backwater that is Qatar. 

There are several experienced unemployed/English championship managers who could have came in and improved us.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

nope. i stated that i think ally was left a far better team that gerrard was left.

I still dont see your point re saying Walter finished a solitary point ahead. It doesnt appear to support your argument.

What's my "argument" in your opinion?

This should be interesting seeing as how I'm not intent on arguing about anything.

3 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

I should have been clear. An experienced manager who hasn’t just come from the footballing backwater that is Qatar. 

There are several experienced unemployed/English championship managers who could have came in and improved us.

Kilmarnock managed to get a manager in not suggesting we should go with Steve Clarke at all but how can a small team like Kilmarnock go out and find a Manager who has certainly improved them but our board cannot.

This board had a good few fuck ups now in appointing managers.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Kilmarnock managed to get a manager in not suggesting we should go with Steve Clarke at all but how can a small team like Kilmarnock go out and find a Manager who has certainly improved them but our board cannot.

People can see what they want about him but the job he’s done with limited resources is remarkable.

He’s a prick none the less

34 minutes ago, OhW said:

The victory against them was sorely needed but they were awful that day. Teenager upfront, McGregor at left-back, we got them at the right time. 

Aye as were we at the chamber of secrets after playing over an 30 mins with ten men and then another 30 with 90 men in russia. We went there and should resilliance and nearly nicked a point.we were back in Glasgow about 50 hours before the game kicked off

Funny people make excuses for the taigs being pumped off us but we weren't awarded the same for a genuine reason.

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

They have. I’m not adverse to Gerrard staying in the hope we kick on. I’m not one of those fans screaming he should be sacked.

I am however realistic and in no way domestically has this season been a success and is nowhere near good enough. 

As for next season it will take a lot because I can see the bheasts spending big and pulling out all the stops to get 9.

To assume somehow they won’t strengthen is dangerous and hopefully the board recognise this.

Just now, Hutton2008 said:

People can see what they want about him but the job he’s done with limited resources is remarkable.

He’s a prick none the less

Yes, he's a real cunt but he knows what he's doing our problem is we have gone from one youth coach to another less experienced youth coach if you forget the name, Gerrard. 

This is more disappointing as this seems to be the season we could have beaten them as they have not been that great.  

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Europe 7/10

Still stand by that the campaign is nowhere near as impressive as made out. Someone correctly pointed out a few other clubs also went through all the qualifying rounds this season, the mighty Sarpsborg being one! We SHOULD be defeating Ufa, Oisjek and Shkrupi. Maribor result was impressive but the luck of the draw and McGregor saved us. Group stage was weak, how some claim we made a good go of it I will never know, three sides who sacked the manager and were on poor form. 1 win from 6 was nowhere near good enough.

League 4/10

Simply unacceptable to be one point better off compared to last season after the financial banking Gerrard received. Many of the performances have been diabolical and we have consistently been poor in one half most of the season, sometimes both. Some pathetic results - home to Aberdeen, embarrassing draw at Dundee, outplayed at home to St Johnstone. Scum result was excellent but let's not ignored they were depleted and we also deserved to win a the dump the season before!

Cups 3/10

The Kilmarnock results are the only reason I gave this a 3. 

Style of play/tactics 5.5/10

So much similarities to the Warburton era, play some excellent football at times but come the final third constantly let down. Gerrard struggles to break down packed defences, subs are woeful and can't change a game in our favour enough.

Signings 2/10 

Extremely poor 

5/10 overall for me taking everything into consideration. 

Very hard to disagree with this. All bases covered realistically 

We've lost the same games as the Harlem bogtrotters. We must get the consistency sorted with regards draws.

It was never going to take one transfer window (January is usually shite for every club) to fix this. This coming summer is massive 

47 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye as were we at the chamber of secrets after playing over an 30 mins with ten men and then another 30 with 90 men in russia. We went there and should resilliance and nearly nicked a point.we were back in Glasgow about 50 hours before the game kicked off

Funny people make excuses for the taigs being pumped off us but we weren't awarded the same for a genuine reason.

I agree, I don’t think Rodgers deserves much credit for beating incredibly poor Rangers teams. 

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Europe 7/10

Still stand by that the campaign is nowhere near as impressive as made out. Someone correctly pointed out a few other clubs also went through all the qualifying rounds this season, the mighty Sarpsborg being one! We SHOULD be defeating Ufa, Oisjek and Shkrupi. Maribor result was impressive but the luck of the draw and McGregor saved us. Group stage was weak, how some claim we made a good go of it I will never know, three sides who sacked the manager and were on poor form. 1 win from 6 was nowhere near good enough.

League 4/10

Simply unacceptable to be one point better off compared to last season after the financial banking Gerrard received. Many of the performances have been diabolical and we have consistently been poor in one half most of the season, sometimes both. Some pathetic results - home to Aberdeen, embarrassing draw at Dundee, outplayed at home to St Johnstone. Scum result was excellent but let's not ignored they were depleted and we also deserved to win a the dump the season before!

Cups 3/10

The Kilmarnock results are the only reason I gave this a 3. 

Style of play/tactics 5.5/10

So much similarities to the Warburton era, play some excellent football at times but come the final third constantly let down. Gerrard struggles to break down packed defences, subs are woeful and can't change a game in our favour enough.

Signings 2/10 

Extremely poor 

5/10 overall for me taking everything into consideration. 

A low block is absolutely Gerrards Kryptonite. 

Its not a new tactic to counter better sides - it’s existed for ever. Good managers and players break this down.

The current champions a double treble winning team going for a third treble and and eight titles in a row. Possessing a stable side with better quality who have been over the course a dozen times together

Many of the oppo sitting in, playing anti football, whilst match officials allow them to boot fuck out of us. 

Whilst we with a rookie manager, new to the Scottish game, with an operating budget that is a third of our rival.

We had a good run in Europe bringing in much needed funds and sit second eight points better off than the team below us.

Good first season by any standard.

Whilst we can always dream of taking the title, there was absolutely no fucking chance of us overtaking them. There's is not one fucking manager on the planet that could come here on that budget and take that title from the scum. Pre rhe Gerrard appointment, the fans favourites were the Killy taig and the sheep taig ffs, who are now sitting where in the league?!

A learning season for this new management team, that will better arm them for the challenges to face next season. Quality needed and players with a spine.

A strong 8/10 particularly in this corrupt backwater and a bright future imo and let the detractors howl at the fucking moon.  

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

The current champions a double treble winning team going for a third treble and and eight titles in a row. Possessing a stable side with better quality who have been over the course a dozen times together

Many of the oppo sitting in, playing anti football, whilst match officials allow them to boot fuck out of us. 

Whilst we with a rookie manager, new to the Scottish game, with an operating budget that is a third of our rival.

We had a good run in Europe bringing in much needed funds and sit second eight points better off than the team below us.

Good first season by any standard.

Whilst we can always dream of taking the title, there was absolutely no fucking chance of us overtaking them. There's is not one fucking manager on the planet that could come here on that budget and take that title from the scum. Pre rhe Gerrard appointment, the fans favourites were the Killy taig and the sheep taig ffs, who are now sitting where in the league?!

A learning season for this new management team, that will better arm them for the challenges to face next season. Quality needed and players with a spine.

A strong 8/10 particularly in this corrupt backwater and a bright future imo and let the detractors howl at the fucking moon.  

8? 

You on the drink?

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

8? 

You on the drink?

It's no more than a 6 and even at that Europe adds to.that. had maribor as probably expected by many knocked us out then the season would be a write off 

Archived