Polster wants to play in derby

.Williamson.

Rangers ace Matt Polster has asked Steven Gerrard to select him for the crunch Old Firm derby against celtic next weekend

The rivals go head-to-head knowing a win for Neil Lennon’s side will all but secure them the title.

Polster has yet to make his debut for the club after his January arrival from Chicago Fire.

But the 25-year-old is now fit and could make his first appearance in the Old Firm derby.

Polster can play in both defence and midfield and offers versatility to Gerrard.

I’d love to be a part of the derby,” he said.

“Obviously it's a big match. I haven't even seen it live.

“I was away when we played them at the end of the year.

“It'll be quite a day. The expectation is always the same, you want to beat them.”

Polster almost made his debut last month against Dundee only for him to suffer another injury.

“It was quite frustrating missing out against Dundee,” he said.

“The manager told me before going out to training that I was going to make my debut - but things didn't happen as I would have liked.

“I didn't feel comfortable and I didn't want to put the team or him in a difficult position where I would start the match but then after 20 or 30 minutes and have to be pulled out

“I was pretty frustrated by the whole thing.

“From both sides we were a little bit disappointed. He wanted me to be out there and to enjoy that first match. I wanted the same.

“Now it's just about getting back into it and getting my fitness.”

Rangers take on celtic at midday on Sunday, March 31.

28 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Retired Joey Barton 

Retired Senderos more like.  Still can’t get over that cunt getting himself deliberately sent off.

I can fully understand why Barton was pissed off after the game.  He’s had a go at Warburton, probably a few players, and has subsequently been forced out the club.  Warburton, after saying he could manage Barton’s temperament, made a cunt of it.  Warburton’s now finished as a manager due to those tactics and refusal to deviate from them.  Barton’s just started his career as a manager and I really hope him and Clint Hill have some success.

6 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

I’ve got my doubts about this boy to be honest. Which is maybe unfair. But he comes over a bit soft. Judging by other articles he didn’t seem keen to go through pain to play against Dundee. Not for me.

What do you mean 'maybe' unfair? 😃

Just now, graeme_4 said:

:lol:

‘bottled it’ and ‘soft’ because he picked up an injury

good old RM. 

Modern footballers are poofs now, wait scrub that modern men are poofs now, your average dyke lesbian now has more male hormones than most of the men nowadays.

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

He hardly makes a plea.

He said 'I’d love to be a part of the derby' which is the standard quote from any new signing.

It's just a word :lol:

I'll change it to he wants to play in the derby and the opinion towards that will still be the same