***Official Tarriers V Rangers Match Thread***

Honestly think the sentiment is too negative on here. They are not as good as most think, and more, they seem to know this as a team. All we have to do is keep the pressure up, hound them down, and their natural tendency to commit defensive errors will give us plenty of chances to settle the game. Half the league now understands how to play against them, and we have by far the best players to do it.

1-3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

NO SURRENDER attitude from the start and we will win.

Wee chorus of the billy boys in the dressing room followed by the words of Struth should see us win ten nil.

34 minutes ago, Dread said:

They are not as good as most think, and more, they seem to know this as a team. All we have to do is keep the pressure up

Problem is, we’ve hearing this for years.  ‘They’re not as good as made out’, ‘put pressure on them and they’ll bottle it’, etc.  Meanwhile they keep winning everything and we’re the ones that can’t get our act together.  We can’t put any pressure on them because we drop points so consistently.  When was the last time we won more than 4 league games in a row?  

McGregor

Tav           Goldson              Worral         Flanagan

Jack.              McCrorie           Arfield

Candeias                  Morelos              Kent                       

23 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav           Goldson              Worral         Flanagan

Jack.              McCrorie           Arfield

Candeias                  Morelos              Kent                       

That will probably be the team

Anyone know who the ref is yet . Which one of the 2 . Thompson or Collum ?

We worked out how to beat them last game. Just don't let them have a moment on the ball..close down at every opportunity..use Kent and candies effectively and just go for it. We can win this game. Nothing to be scared of. We are a handful if we turn up. But we got to be at it from first minute. Am quietly confident fingers crossed. 

2 minutes ago, Rlm said:

We worked out how to beat them last game. Just don't let them have a moment on the ball..close down at every opportunity..use Kent and candies effectively and just go for it. We can win this game. Nothing to be scared of. We are a handful if we turn up. But we got to be at it from first minute. Am quietly confident fingers crossed. 

I'll be surprised if we use the same high press against them at the piggery,I suspect the bus will be well and truly parked in their penalty area.

2 hours ago, TMB said:

Problem is, we’ve hearing this for years.  ‘They’re not as good as made out’, ‘put pressure on them and they’ll bottle it’, etc.  Meanwhile they keep winning everything and we’re the ones that can’t get our act together.  We can’t put any pressure on them because we drop points so consistently.  When was the last time we won more than 4 league games in a row?  

Our team time and time again this year have shown they only turn up for underdog scenarios though

Happened constantly in Europe at the start of the season and happened on the 29th December. Our problem is breaking down the rest of the shite in the league 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

It does seem to be that our current team are sadly the bottlers. It’s got a draw all over it but would love us to win it

8 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I'll be surprised if we use the same high press against them at the piggery,I suspect the bus will be well and truly parked in their penalty area.

We try to park the bus looking to contain them and we'll lose IMO. They are used to playing against that at home. It will be a repeat of our last game at the piggery. 

They aren't used to teams at home coming after them. We need to press up the pitch and give them no time on the ball. Force them into mistakes like we did last time, when they could barely get a few passes together. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I think we will take the game to them unlike the last time where we were embarrassing.

Nothing to lose attitude for me

Our only hope imo.

This isn’t Walter’s Rangers team that could sit back, soak it up and kill them on the counter. Classic Muhammad Ali “rope a dope” tactics, thinking back.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We try to park the bus looking to contain them and we'll lose IMO. They are used to playing against that at home. It will be a repeat of our last game at the piggery. 

They aren't used to teams at home coming after them. We need to press up the pitch and give them no time on the ball. Force them into mistakes like we did last time, when they could barely get a few passes together. 

If we want to win it's our only chance and with nothing to lose you're right but Gerrard may fear a heavy defeat more than fancying a win.

"The key for me and my message to the players is not to freeze and have too much respect for celtic like they did the last time,”

“Don’t sit back and wait for the game. Go and grab it. Go and seize the moment and the opportunity to express yourselves. I want the players to be excited about this fixture, not fearful".

The message Gerrard gave the players before the December win needs repeated.

23 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I think we will take the game to them unlike the last time where we were embarrassing.

Nothing to lose attitude for me

There is literally nothing to lose mate, the leagues fucked and we are out of everything else 

These couple of derby games are it for us this year 

Archived