Would losing Alfredo be a blessing in disguise?

Blue Avenger

34 minutes ago, Smile said:

Can the Admin @gogzy @cushynumber cut the threads from @plumbGER so we do not have to continue reading the pish he constantly fills a thread with? It's mind-numbing pish.

Agreed smile, thank God I'm not the only one to notice his tedious pish 

29 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

If we sell him for 15 million plus and invest it all on the playing squad, I reckon we'd be better off for it.

True. I would say we need to throw in a change of formation /tactics with it but ur main point is spot on.

49 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

If we sell him for 15 million plus and invest it all on the playing squad, I reckon we'd be better off for it.

No guarantees though, how much money we spent on absolute dross the last few seasons? 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

No guarantees though, how much money we spent on absolute dross the last few seasons? 

Of course there's no guarantees.  Just like there is no guarantees Alfie will hit the same heights next year which could result in his value plummeting. 

Aye the dross we've spent money on have all been around 2-3 million at most. However, if we were to invest 15 million in 3 players there's a strong, and I'd say highly probable, chance we'd be stronger for it.

20 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Not reading but yes I would sell him 

Better players would be found 

Better players could be found. There is no certainty that we can find a better player than AM in our price range.

As for the OP yes, it could be a blessing in disguise as the money we get for him can be reinvested in the team... making us stronger all round but it's all about the quality of player we sign in the summer imo.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Alfredo is not good enough for the EPL.   He may be good enough at the end of next season if he knuckles down and sorts his temperament.    At present he would be lucky to complete 90 minutes in a season let alone a game.

Guys like Joselu, Steve Mounie, Callum Patterson, Shane Long, Glenn Murray...

All regular starters in the Premier League but aye Morelos isn't good enough to play in a single game 😂

8 hours ago, TopCat said:

Better players could be found. There is no certainty that we can find a better player than AM in our price range.

As for the OP yes, it could be a blessing in disguise as the money we get for him can be reinvested in the team... making us stronger all round but it's all about the quality of player we sign in the summer imo.

I worry it could be like the time Spurs blew the Bale money on lots of average players.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Guys like Joselu, Steve Mounie, Callum Patterson, Shane Long, Glenn Murray...

All regular starters in the Premier League but aye Morelos isn't good enough to play in a single game 😂

Do you honestly think he would stay on the pitch for 90 minutes against accompished defenders?   He can’t handle the aggro he receives from cart horses at present.

Just now, andyhrfc said:

Do you honestly think he would stay on the pitch for 90 minutes against accompished defenders?   He can’t handle the aggro he receives from cart horses at present.

How many times did he stay on the park in Europe?

Just now, Jeffrey said:

How many times did he stay on the park in Europe?

He has a reputstion that defenders will play to.  Until he sorts it he gas no chance.

Anyway we should not be considering selling the top striker in Scotland .  Get rid and we will be finishing behind Kilmarnock and Aberdeen next season. 

Just now, andyhrfc said:

He has a reputstion that defenders will play to.  Until he sorts it he gas no chance.

Anyway we should not be considering selling the top striker in Scotland .  Get rid and we will be finishing behind Kilmarnock and Aberdeen next season. 

Didn't answer my question, as I expected.

2 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

We know how he performed in Europe, but Europe is not the EPL.   Do you think he has the tenperament to  hack it in the EPL?

Yeah

Do you think Maribor, Villarreal, Spartak Moscow and Rapid Vienna's defenders are 'cart horses'?

Not sure what relevance your comments are?  Unless I have got it wrong, the jist of this thread is about Alfie leaving to fulfill his ambitions, most likely in the EPL.  

I don’t think he has the maturity to deal with the attentions of EPL defenders week in week out.   If you disagree fine, its all hypothetical unless/until he moves.

Either way we should not be selling for less than £20M with a decent sell on clause.

9 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Of course there's no guarantees.  Just like there is no guarantees Alfie will hit the same heights next year which could result in his value plummeting. 

Aye the dross we've spent money on have all been around 2-3 million at most. However, if we were to invest 15 million in 3 players there's a strong, and I'd say highly probable, chance we'd be stronger for it.

I'd probably trust Alfie more to continue doing his job than I would Allen and Gerrard finding his replacement.

31 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Not sure what relevance your comments are?  Unless I have got it wrong, the jist of this thread is about Alfie leaving to fulfill his ambitions, most likely in the EPL.  

I don’t think he has the maturity to deal with the attentions of EPL defenders week in week out.   If you disagree fine, its all hypothetical unless/until he moves.

Either way we should not be selling for less than £20M with a decent sell on clause.

I'm not getting your point here at all. You think he is a 20m striker but wouldn't manage to play 90 minutes over the course of a 38 game season.

Logic is right out the window there.