Would losing Alfredo be a blessing in disguise?

Blue Avenger

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

So what was your point? 

I asked how many games he managed to stay on the pitch in Europe as Andy said he wouldn't be able to do it once in the EPL as he wouldn't be up against 'cart horses' every week, my point was he managed to do it in Europe every game apart from one.

Just now, Jeffrey said:

I asked how many games he managed to stay on the pitch in Europe as Andy said he wouldn't be able to do it once in the EPL as he wouldn't be up against 'cart horses' every week, my point was he managed to do it in Europe every game apart from one.

Where he also picked up two yellows, Hard to tell if he would make it elsewhere he applies himself well and has improved at us this season but our league is awful now.

It all depends on how much we get for him. Realistically I think he is worth the 20 million others have said but history shows that EPL clubs think throwing scottish clubs some scraps can get them whomever.

That kind of money ( if we got it ) could potentially buy another CB, LB another RM and a really good number 10, someone who can not only unlock stacked defences but can score goals from 20 yards out. We are too predictable when faced with this type of defence, balls out to the wings and throw in crosses some of which work but most don't. We need to be able to vary the attack through the middle or wide cutting in from wide into the 18 yard box, keep them guessing which is coming.

15 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

He has a reputstion that defenders will play to.  Until he sorts it he gas no chance.

Anyway we should not be considering selling the top striker in Scotland .  Get rid and we will be finishing behind Kilmarnock and Aberdeen next season. 

That last comment may come back to bite. I fancy aberdeen to pip us to 2nd again. Lose the celtic games and it is touch and go. celtic will lie down to aberdeen as lead healthy enough.

I have scanned the op but not read many of the posts do apologies if this has been said a few times before. 

I really like Mo, but he is not refereed the same way as most players in the league and it seems Rangers are willing to let that happen. So I think it will be best for us and him to move on in the summer as long as the cash is reinvested in the team. 

It is hellish that such a good player is being singled out by referees and the media, but unless we as a Club fight it we will have to let him go IMO. :depressed:

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I have scanned the op but not read many of the posts do apologies if this has been said a few times before. 

I really like Mo, but he is not refereed the same way as most players in the league and it seems Rangers are willing to let that happen. So I think it will be best for us and him to move on in the summer as long as the cash is reinvested in the team. 

It is hellish that such a good player is being singled out by referees and the media, but unless we as a Club fight it we will have to let him go IMO. :depressed:

Not just us but Scottish football as a whole is losing out if the boy is driven away. He is a uniquely talented young man, thousands of miles from home and he is being demonised and targeted by our enemies throughout the sport and the media in the Vatican outpost this once great Protestant country has become.

This country celebrates thugs like Brown, McKenna, Lennon yet can’t wait to magnify every character flaw of a player purely because he plays for the hated Rangers.

Getting back to the question, I think we could do a lot with twenty million and learning to play when Morelos is missing is a lesson we should have learned a long time ago.

It is unacceptable that we have no plan B other than substituting Defoe or Lafferty, neither of whom play anything like Morelos. We need a serious alternative, or even 2 or 3 options to be honest.

No point in having money if you don’t spend it wisely and, barring Morelos, we haven’t bought anyone in the last 2/3 years that’s going to return that kind of substantial fee (we’ll sell Tav for c. £3m). Sadly, everyone in Scotland will sell for the right fee but we need to start maximising our investments and cut out the pay off shite. Then we’ll have a more successful business model to build on. I have no issues with getting people like Morelos and selling them on for a profit but we have to reinvest prudently. 

Only a retard would say it would be a blessing to take morelos out this Rangers team, especially if they have seen us this year. 

No matter how you dress it up morelos is the only outfield player I’d keep, if the money is right he off tho so I’ll agree that we better be working on his replacement now, who the fuck we go for but I don’t have a scoobie, glad its not my job.

9 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

More idiotic shite from you. Dont undwrstand difference between pessimism and cowardice nah?

You "fancy" the sheep to pip us to 2nd therefore are surrendering an 8 point gap, sounds pretty cowardly to me.

19 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

That last comment may come back to bite. I fancy aberdeen to pip us to 2nd again. Lose the celtic games and it is touch and go. celtic will lie down to aberdeen as lead healthy enough.

You're assuming we will lose the majority of the split games and Aberdeen will win most of them.

Neither of us are consistent or inconsistent enough for that to happen. By that logic, we can catch celtic as we are a similar amount of points behind them as Aberdeen are with us, and we can agree that wont be happening. I

We will finish second. Not what we want, but that's where we will finish, comfortably. 

Would losing Morelos be a blessing? This is two fold, we should be trying to sign players on the same level as Alfredo, the best way to become the best team again, however it does look likely he'll leave in the summer so the real answer to the question is it has to be a blessing, if we sell Morelos and squander money then the tims will do 9IAR and most likely 10, if we weaken one position but can strengthen four or five other positions then we might just be ok, that mob won a treble last year without anyone scoring 20 goals, we won a treble in 2003 without anyone scoring 20 goals and it looks like they might win a treble again this year without anyone scoring 20 goals, if we can spread the goals out we wont be so reliant on one man and if we can strengthen the CM area and the left wing and defence then we start next season as genuine contenders

23 hours ago, Moody Blue said:

No point in having money if you don’t spend it wisely and, barring Morelos, we haven’t bought anyone in the last 2/3 years that’s going to return that kind of substantial fee (we’ll sell Tav for c. £3m). Sadly, everyone in Scotland will sell for the right fee but we need to start maximising our investments and cut out the pay off shite. Then we’ll have a more successful business model to build on. I have no issues with getting people like Morelos and selling them on for a profit but we have to reinvest prudently. 

While he hasn't been amazing yet for us .Barasic starting to make the Croatia LB position his own .His value has went up considerably from when we bought him 

11 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

You're assuming we will lose the majority of the split games and Aberdeen will win most of them.

Neither of us are consistent or inconsistent enough for that to happen. By that logic, we can catch celtic as we are a similar amount of points behind them as Aberdeen are with us, and we can agree that wont be happening. I

We will finish second. Not what we want, but that's where we will finish, comfortably. 

My reasoning is that if we lose an old firm game, the taigs will lie down to aberdeen. If that happens then the gap starts to look shaky.  Very pessamistic at watching us against the likes of motherwell and kili etc. Hope am wrong.  There are no games i have us odds on to win now.

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I'll be gutted when he goes but it's best for both if he does. The fee has potential to turn us from a good team with one world class player. Into a very good with 3/4 match winners

:lol: world class, fuck off

I just wonder how much Morelos would be worth if he was at a championship club or a low EPL club. I think it's very difficult to judge his worth because as everyone knows if for example a 10 million player is pulled out of the EPL and dumped into a SPL side his value would drop considerably. However, if he starts to do the business internationally and there starts to be even more of a buzz about him his current club status might become less and less important. There's also the argument because the quality of the Scottish league is lesser, he shines more brightly as he's in amongst shite week in week out. Would he be getting noticed the same in a better quality league? Maybe, maybe not.