The wage thief.

Virtuoso

I wouldn't trust myself to behave if i saw Craig Whyte again

ALLY McCoist launched a blistering attack on former Rangers owner Craig Whyte — and revealed he would struggle to restrain himself if the pair met again.

The Ibrox legend, 56, branded the tycoon a “chancer” who “didn’t give a s***” about the club he bought for just £1.

And the ex-Light Blues gaffer and striker claimed that while giving evidence at Whyte’s fraud trial, he felt like he was in the dock.

Breaking his silence on the controversial businessman, McCoist said: “The last time I saw Craig Whyte was in the High Court in Glasgow.

“If I saw him again, I don’t think I could trust myself to behave. I really don’t

The whole thing at the court was embarrassing. I was very, very disappointed in how that was handled.

“I remember going back home and my wife asking who was actually on trial — was it me or was it Craig Whyte?”

Whyte, 48, paid Sir David Murray the token takeover sum in 2011 but Gers plunged into administration and liquidation the following year.

Yorkshire businessman Charles Green, 65, led a £5.5million consortium buyout of the club’s assets as they toppled into the Third Division.

McCoist added: “Whyte and Green were both chancers.

“I don’t think there’s any doubt about that, which clearly is a shame.

“Both came in with absolutely no interest in the football club itself.

They didn’t give a s***. They didn’t care about the club. They were only interested in financial gain.”

The Gers hero was dumped on gardening leave in December 2014 after three-and-a-half years as manager.

He agreed a settlement with the club nine months later.

But McCoist — who revealed he has since been interviewed for managerial vacancies at Blackburn Rovers and QPR — insisted he has no regrets about his crisis-hit stint in charge at Ibrox.

The talkSPORT pundit said: “My biggest regret was it was my dream job but just at the wrong time.

“I am quietly very proud of how all the staff handled themselves.

“Everyone spoke about the players, which is understandable. But invariably they will find another club.

“But people like Laura Tarbet, who was secretary for over 40 years, and PR girl Carol Patton were great.

“These people were unbelievable and had been there a long, long time.

“They handled themselves with dignity and class.”

Whyte was cleared by jurors of fraudulently taking over Gers at his 2017 trial.

We told how former chief exec Green is suing police and prosecutors for £20million for “wrongful arrest”.

He was nicked in 2015 over an alleged fraudulent buyout of the club.

But the case was axed and charges dropped.

This:

They didn’t give a s***. They didn’t care about the club. They were only interested in financial gain.”

Oh the fucking irony of it 🙄

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It astounds me the man is still alive till this day .

I was in Monaco last year and the thought crossed my mind , I may see him .

Would struggle, not do something really bad tbh . And I'm not just saying that to be big man .

Just pray some bear takes one for the team so to speak one day . This bastards deserves much more than he has escaped from .

It is very hard to contemplate .This maggot in our history , sips champagne and laughs with his new found bheast friends every other night .

The bastard has been majorly responsible for 8 of the worst  years in our history ..Imagine all the young ones in our support, that haven't known the all conquering Rangers teams of the past . The helicopter Sundays , they have missed out on

McCoist only gets a pardon because of his playing career but he is getting close to a figure of ridicule with "every bear " and that is completely sad

The hypocrisy of McCoist in this , is so typical of him

7 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I'm 37. McCoist IS Rangers to me. Always will be.

Pish manager aye, "garden leave" bla de fucking bla.

I don't care if he made a cunt of it as a manager. He tried. He failed. Shit happens.

It's McCoist ffs. 

I get what you mean, I’m 44 and him as a player was fantastic, but as a man he comes across as a money grabbing selfish bastard who only loves himself. I personally don’t hold him in the same regard I used to and that’s not because he was w shite manager. 

Said it a million times but I've managed to completely separate the current Ally from the younger player version, to the point it's literally like two different people :lol:

I tend to just think of this version when I hear his name nowadays and I completely ignore the BT Sport's Ally

Mccoist had the chance to speak out about these charlatans. He chose to incredibly not know how much he was being paid then accept 9 months gardening leave and all the penny shares instead.

He knows all about the actions and behaviour of the SFA and other clubs around admin time, including the terms of the 5 way agreement and what Rangers were coerced into signing to retain a place in football. He's remained silent on such matters, it really wouldn't surprise me if he reveals all in a book to make money from it all.

The only way mccoist would set about either Green or Whyte is if someone made it financially worth his while. The same as everything else that involves him, financially beneficial is the key criteria.

Thanks for the goals McCoist. Shame you're now as much a Rangers man as the rest of the BT panel of Rangers haters. 

20 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

The joy he brought me as I grew up will always outweigh all the other wee trivial things he's said/done of late. 

He can call Alfredo "Morales" all he wants and he can even come across as "pals" with Chris bastard Sutton for all I care.

Hero.

Really...

I get he was your hero growing up, but you cannot trivialise his behaviour/comments during and since his tenure as manager.

6 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Really...

I get he was your hero growing up, but you cannot trivialise his behaviour/comments during and since his tenure as manager.

I think it all gets blown out of proportion to be honest. Genuine question mate, what behaviour or comments exactly have pissed you off that much?

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I'm 37. McCoist IS Rangers to me. Always will be.

Pish manager aye, "garden leave" bla de fucking bla.

I don't care if he made a cunt of it as a manager. He tried. He failed. Shit happens.

It's McCoist ffs. 

I'm the same age as you mate,so he is a hero to me too. 

It's easy to get swept up in the blame game and the blame culture, and he did take a sizable amount of money out of the club, but people do forget he worked for nothing for a period of time. The guy does love the club.

it may be a case of people need to separate the footballer from the tv personality, like @.Williamson.does, and enjoy the footballing legacy he has left us. 

It was a cracking legacy 

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I think it all gets blown out of proportion to be honest. Genuine question mate, what behaviour or comments exactly have pissed you off that much?

Karaoke 

Bear arse training

penny shares

massive salary (moaning about part timers on £15k a year being sacked whilst keeping his own bloated salary out of the headlines (google David Letterman paying staff wages and you’ll see what I mean).)

refusal to vote on business when required

negotiating a pay off with three months to go on deal and walking into a job with BT three days later thereby screwing more money out of the Club

off the top of my head...

15 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

I'm the same age as you mate,so he is a hero to me too. 

It's easy to get swept up in the blame game and the blame culture, and he did take a sizable amount of money out of the club, but people do forget he worked for nothing for a period of time. The guy does love the club.

it may be a case of people need to separate the footballer from the tv personality, like @.Williamson.does, and enjoy the footballing legacy he has left us. 

It was a cracking legacy 

He didn’t work for nothing though, he was on a salary that was deferred to be paid at a later date, which it was. 

12 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Karaoke 

Bear arse training

penny shares

massive salary (moaning about part timers on £15k a year being sacked whilst keeping his own bloated salary out of the headlines (google David Letterman paying staff wages and you’ll see what I mean).)

refusal to vote on business when required

negotiating a pay off with three months to go on deal and walking into a job with BT three days later thereby screwing more money out of the Club

off the top of my head...

Karaoke and bear arse training first on your list says it all.

See even all though he got paid when he was on leave, who gives a fuck? 

He is one of us and always will be.

Pedro fucking Caixinha probably walked away with a lot more and having done us more damage than good.

Compare that figure to what McCoist brought to us in his whole career. 

Ally brought lots of joy when he was a player but as a manager and pundit I can’t stand listening to him comment on anything Rangers. It’s like listening to someone who’d never been involved with the club. Same goes for Barry Ferguson,Boyd and jig.    Slag the Gers for the peices of silver

1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I get what you mean, I’m 44 and him as a player was fantastic, but as a man he comes across as a money grabbing selfish bastard who only loves himself. I personally don’t hold him in the same regard I used to and that’s not because he was w shite manager. 

Ffs

folk don’t half talk shite about McCoist 

we all look after ourselves and our families when it comes to work. We all work hard and try and get the best we can. 

Why the fuck people can talk about a guy that contributed massively to not only our success but CASH WINNINGS in competitions like this is unbelievable 

shite manager yes defo. But that’s all I know about how he “comes across “

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Pedro fucking Caixinha probably walked away with a lot more and having done us more damage than good.

Sorry didn’t realise I had to put my list in an order that you approved of. 

You were a wee boy when he was at his peak and I’m afraid it is clouding your judgement on the man he is today as I said before I get that he is your hero but his actions since retiring from the playing staff are far short of the standards that I would associate with our Club. Funnily enough I couldn’t see Walter Smith or John Greig putting themselves before the Club. I don’t know if you can recall but Willie Henderson was quite damning of Ally in recent times (and having been in the company of several ex-players they too are non complimentary about him). However, you asked me for my reasons which I was happy to divulge albeit they’re not to your liking...

Legend as a player, managed us during our worst era. As for the gardening leave, he had a contract, most wouldn't walk away from that was mutually ended  after nine months. He was made for tv and sometimes his comments frustrate me but I far from hate the man.

18 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

McCoist is a McCoist fan and has been for years.    His scoring exploits have been tarnished by his money-grabbing.   

Archived