Sign in to follow this  
Virtuoso

The wage thief.

6 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Really...

I get he was your hero growing up, but you cannot trivialise his behaviour/comments during and since his tenure as manager.

I think it all gets blown out of proportion to be honest. Genuine question mate, what behaviour or comments exactly have pissed you off that much?

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I'm 37. McCoist IS Rangers to me. Always will be.

Pish manager aye, "garden leave" bla de fucking bla.

I don't care if he made a cunt of it as a manager. He tried. He failed. Shit happens.

It's McCoist ffs. 

I'm the same age as you mate,so he is a hero to me too. 

It's easy to get swept up in the blame game and the blame culture, and he did take a sizable amount of money out of the club, but people do forget he worked for nothing for a period of time. The guy does love the club.

it may be a case of people need to separate the footballer from the tv personality, like @.Williamson.does, and enjoy the footballing legacy he has left us. 

It was a cracking legacy 

12 minutes ago, mearns loyal said:

Karaoke 

Bear arse training

penny shares

massive salary (moaning about part timers on £15k a year being sacked whilst keeping his own bloated salary out of the headlines (google David Letterman paying staff wages and you’ll see what I mean).)

refusal to vote on business when required

negotiating a pay off with three months to go on deal and walking into a job with BT three days later thereby screwing more money out of the Club

off the top of my head...

Karaoke and bear arse training first on your list says it all.

See even all though he got paid when he was on leave, who gives a fuck? 

He is one of us and always will be.

Pedro fucking Caixinha probably walked away with a lot more and having done us more damage than good.

Compare that figure to what McCoist brought to us in his whole career. 

bluenose48 likes this

Ally brought lots of joy when he was a player but as a manager and pundit I can’t stand listening to him comment on anything Rangers. It’s like listening to someone who’d never been involved with the club. Same goes for Barry Ferguson,Boyd and jig.    Slag the Gers for the peices of silver

magic8ball likes this

1 hour ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I get what you mean, I’m 44 and him as a player was fantastic, but as a man he comes across as a money grabbing selfish bastard who only loves himself. I personally don’t hold him in the same regard I used to and that’s not because he was w shite manager. 

Ffs

folk don’t half talk shite about McCoist 

we all look after ourselves and our families when it comes to work. We all work hard and try and get the best we can. 

Why the fuck people can talk about a guy that contributed massively to not only our success but CASH WINNINGS in competitions like this is unbelievable 

shite manager yes defo. But that’s all I know about how he “comes across “

1 minute ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Karaoke and bear arse training first on your list says it all.

See even all though he got paid when he was on leave, who gives a fuck? 

He is one of us and always will be.

Pedro fucking Caixinha probably walked away with a lot more and having done us more damage than good.

Compare that figure to what McCoist brought to us in his whole career. 

Sorry didn’t realise I had to put my list in an order that you approved of. 

You were a wee boy when he was at his peak and I’m afraid it is clouding your judgement on the man he is today as I said before I get that he is your hero but his actions since retiring from the playing staff are far short of the standards that I would associate with our Club. Funnily enough I couldn’t see Walter Smith or John Greig putting themselves before the Club. I don’t know if you can recall but Willie Henderson was quite damning of Ally in recent times (and having been in the company of several ex-players they too are non complimentary about him). However, you asked me for my reasons which I was happy to divulge albeit they’re not to your liking...

35 Yard Dangerman likes this

Legend as a player, managed us during our worst era. As for the gardening leave, he had a contract, most wouldn't walk away from that was mutually ended  after nine months. He was made for tv and sometimes his comments frustrate me but I far from hate the man.