The wage thief.

Virtuoso

McCoist outed himself with the email asking Green to keep his massive wage and shares (I think) secret. That means he was well aware how mad the wages were. I was glad we had someone connected with the club to see us through the year we went bust including the players who stayed. Especially as everyone and their dug in Scotland was trying to say we were a new club. It could have been any old player though like Jimmy Nicholl. McCoists playing career was something else.

Truelly amazing contribution as a player but he was demonstrably a greedy arsehole here when the club was financially fucked. Maybe he just nodded and thought Green must be loaded but even then he didn't just walk away and held us to ransom when he knew we were still in terrible shape. Great player with a greatly tarnished reputation in the history of Rangers now.

I also loved Terry Butcher in a crazy way but he's a bit of a cunt as a man as well when it comes to Rangers.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

No I do not, we should have paid more because we make more and should be trying to entertain the fans more as they turn up in their thousands. That doesn’t mean we pay a rookie manager a wage to manage in the lowest league teir in Scotland an amount that dwarfs Scottish first teir manager wages especially when that manager fails in entertaining the fans and eventually fails to get promoted to the premier league. 

Did you answer my question regarding McCoist wages and the 2nd highest wage in the league? 

Fact is like LeGuen he should have walked away, he didn’t he kept pulling in the cash while under-performing. He could have agreed with the club to mutually terminate his contract early and walk away with some dignity-he chose not to.

You want to ask me if I would have done the same? Unfair question because, as a fan - like McCoist says he is, I’d work as Rangers manager for an absolute pittance. It would be my dream... just like McCoist said it was. Would I do it? No. Why? I do not have the ability and know my weaknesses.

So let’s change this to another non comparible discussion. I get paid handsomely for what I do, I hate my work but even still I would walk away if I felt I was unable to work safely or if my collegues wanted rid of me because of poor performance. I’ve done it before and I’d do it again. I know I can walk into a lot of workplaces and get taken on, my bank balances are healthy.

As I said, I hate my work, however I do it because I’m not talented enough to do something I love and I’ve got myself stuck down a career path i should never have taken. I have to deal with that.

But what of McCoist?

He loves Rangers 

How could he not have walked away if he saw the reaction of the fans, his own poor performance and how much money he was taking from a financially fucked business?

£££

Thats why

The 'rookie manager's' wage was protected by 12 months unless both sides agreed to a reduction (they did until McCoist tendered his resignation).

Great, you've quit a job before. Has that ever then seen you breach your contract - McCoist was obliged to serve a 12-month notice period - and liable to legal action?

Again, and it's a really simply point that you seem unable to grasp, he had a contract which he can't simply walk away from without both sides being in agreement on. That wasn't the case until long after he gave notice.

When he was a player he was best mates with Tommy Burns, people never hated him then because he was too busy scoring tons but now he is just a microphine people can't wait to put the boot in. He was a shite manager, I get that but I don't get the hate. Rangers legend.

7 minutes ago, backup said:

As a comparison Paul Le Guen walked away for nothing.

He did. On the basis that Rangers wouldn't pursue compensation from PSG and Le Guen would forfeit what he was entitled to to break his contract early.

On 23/03/2019 at 14:46, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

I'm 37. McCoist IS Rangers to me. Always will be.

Pish manager aye, "garden leave" bla de fucking bla.

I don't care if he made a cunt of it as a manager. He tried. He failed. Shit happens.

It's McCoist ffs. 

Well I'm 48 and watched a shite McCoist become a half decent player with us over his career, 

You say he tried failed as a manager ?  He was robbing us blind, £800k for a bottom tier team ?  Then  he never reduced it right away when we all kicked up about it too. Then how many penny shares did the cunt get while bears like me dug deep.and paid full price ?  

Ally McCoist should have been nowhere near the Rangers managers job,  but to take penny shares so he would back Greene regime was criminal in my eyes as we all ran out and bought our books as Ally gave him the thumbs up  

Lost all respect for the  guy long  long ago now,  Ally only ever thought of Ally and his bank balance

23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The 'rookie manager's' wage was protected by 12 months unless both sides agreed to a reduction (they did until McCoist tendered his resignation).

Great, you've quit a job before. Has that ever then seen you breach your contract - McCoist was obliged to serve a 12-month notice period - and liable to legal action?

Again, and it's a really simply point that you seem unable to grasp, he had a contract which he can't simply walk away from without both sides being in agreement on. That wasn't the case until long after he gave notice.

Again, you don't seem to grasp the point that people wanted him to go and yet he didn't go. Are you trying to tell me if McCoist asked for mutual termination he wouldn't have got it?

I wasn't in the breach of contract because I didn't mutually terminate and I gave them 3 months notice. If I was wanting to end my contract because my performance was low, then my employer would  no doubt be very happy to mutually terminate.

Seems you're unable to grasp something...

31 minutes ago, backup said:

As a comparison Paul Le Guen walked away for nothing.

Apologies missed out..."Two days later, on January 4, 2007, in a meeting at the Norton House Hotel near Edinburgh Airport, the marriage between le Guen and Rangers was formally annulled. He declined a pay-off".

No LeGuen said if we paid for the removals he would walk away with nothing.  He even gave the guys doing it bottles of champagne. .

The guy has a bit of class about him unlike most cunts who see us as £ signs

7 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Well I'm 48 and watched a shite McCoist become a half decent player with us over his career, 

You say he tried failed as a manager ?  He was robbing us blind, £800k for a bottom tier team ?  Then  he never reduced it right away when we all kicked up about it too. Then how many penny shares did the cunt get while bears like me dug deep.and paid full price ?  

Ally McCoist should have been nowhere near the Rangers managers job,  but to take penny shares so he would back Greene regime was criminal in my eyes as we all ran out and bought our books as Ally gave him the thumbs up  

Lost all respect for the  guy long  long ago now,  Ally only ever thought of Ally and his bank balance

Agree with most of that except the part in bold, he became an excellent player for us and that cannot be argued against just as the rest you printed without bold cannot be argued with.

It's funny, that near 1m a year figure was one which another poster is refusing to post... wonder why? :lol:

Just now, Blueteeth said:

Again, you don't seem to grasp the point that people wanted him to go and yet he didn't go. Are you trying to tell me if McCoist asked for mutual termination he wouldn't have got it?

I wasn't in the breach of contract because I didn't mutually terminate and I gave them 3 months notice. If I was wanting to end my contract because my performance was low, then my employer would  no doubt be very happy to mutually terminate.

Seems you're unable to grasp something...

I can remember times when people wanted Walter to go but he didn't. And Advocaat. And McLeish. And even Gerrard now. He would have but they would have had to agree on the terms of that. McCoist has every right to have gone on terms mutually agreeable.

And that's the difference. When McCoist resigned he had to give 12 months notice. You might have been allowed to continue in your role while you served your notice - the board decided they would rather immediately replace McCoist with McDowall. Again, your employer may well have been happy to have mutually terminated but the key bit there is mutual. Both sides need to agree on it.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I can remember times when people wanted Walter to go but he didn't. And Advocaat. And McLeish. And even Gerrard now. He would have but they would have had to agree on the terms of that. McCoist has every right to have gone on terms mutually agreeable.

And that's the difference. When McCoist resigned he had to give 12 months notice. You might have been allowed to continue in your role while you served your notice - the board decided they would rather immediately replace McCoist with McDowall. Again, your employer may well have been happy to have mutually terminated but the key bit there is mutual. Both sides need to agree on it.

So which side wouldn't agree to terminate McCoist's contract early then? The board or McCoist?

Just now, Blueteeth said:

So which side wouldn't agree to terminate McCoist's contract early then? The board or McCoist?

Both, from what I've heard. I've said on here for a long time (literally going as far back as shortly after he resigned) that the main sticking point was a non-disclosure clause which would leave McCoist liable to legal action if he said anything whatsoever regards his time at Rangers that could be portrayed as negative against the club or any of its then/former senior management/directors.

11 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No LeGuen said if we paid for the removals he would walk away with nothing.  He even gave the guys doing it bottles of champagne. .

The guy has a bit of class about him unlike most cunts who see us as £ signs

👍

Both, from what I've heard. I've said on here for a long time (literally going as far back as shortly after he resigned) that the main sticking point was a non-disclosure clause which would leave McCoist liable to legal action if he said anything whatsoever regards his time at Rangers that could be portrayed as negative against the club or any of its then/former senior management/directors.

So McCoist is a wage thief who refused to have his contract ended prematurely then?

At least that's that cleared up.

You know what player power is, you know how easy it is for a player to force a transfer if they want. It happens all the time, in the end the business weighs up the point of having an unhappy now useless player on their books and agree the transfer. Same with any contract. The only difference is some contracts are more complex than others. If McCoist was a decent man he would have gone and he would have forced himself out, he didn't because he wanted the £££.

I'm sure had McCoist decided against taking gardening leave and had said I'm resigning as of now then the board would have been happy to agree with it as opposed to funding two managers - one sitting at home raking in tens of thousands a month for doing fuck all.

McCoist knew our financial position but decided to continue screwing us for every penny he could. 

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

I was just starting primary school when he was just hanging up his boots so it’s much easier for me to separate ‘super Ally’ and Ally McCoist the money driven mouthpiece, unfortunately. Even watching the nine in a row years on VHS growing up I never got the love for him that most did. Laudrup, Gazza, Gough, Ferguson, McCall etc always came before McCoist. His happy-clappy, cheeky-chappy personality never done much to sway me either, always felt it came across fake as fuck. 

Which is part of the problem that we of a certain generation have, people who are 45 like myself will always remember the player who finally signed, almost chased out then kicked on and became a playing legend, of that there is no doubt.

Some people should never become managers and McCoist was one, didn't Sir Walter have to send Durrant from the directors box with a slap on the head to tell Ally he was fucking it up again in the cup games he was in charge for at the time, that should have heralded a warning with a team that was better than what we had in the bottom leagues.

It would have been fantastic if he had managed to do both player and Manager justice but he didn't and the cracks where showing from the Karaoke after a cup final defeat and the quality of players we had in the squad.

My generation will always have two minds about Ally, one as the hero of a player who was adored and the other as a failure of a manager which is hard to accept as it breaks our hearts. Then we have the "he saved our titles" and "he did not want his real salary mentioned at the AGM" routines and it all starts getting a little bit too distasteful to accept the lot.

That's my personal opinion and you can try and pick it apart all you want, not going to make a sodding difference to me.

17 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

I'm sure had McCoist decided against taking gardening leave and had said I'm resigning as of now then the board would have been happy to agree with it as opposed to funding two managers - one sitting at home raking in tens of thousands a month for doing fuck all.

McCoist knew our financial position but decided to continue screwing us for every penny he could. 

They'd only have agreed to it on their terms - which as far as I'm led to believe included a gag clause.

18 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

So McCoist is a wage thief who refused to have his contract ended prematurely then?

At least that's that cleared up.

You know what player power is, you know how easy it is for a player to force a transfer if they want. It happens all the time, in the end the business weighs up the point of having an unhappy now useless player on their books and agree the transfer. Same with any contract. The only difference is some contracts are more complex than others. If McCoist was a decent man he would have gone and he would have forced himself out, he didn't because he wanted the £££.

Or conversely the board refused to make a simple concession and remove the non-disclosure on the basis that it could look bad on them in future.

20 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

If McCoist was a decent man he would have gone and he would have forced himself out, he didn't because he wanted the £££

A decent man would have done what’s right for him and his family. Not for his employer ffs

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

I was just starting primary school when he was just hanging up his boots so it’s much easier for me to separate ‘super Ally’ and Ally McCoist the money driven mouthpiece, unfortunately. Even watching the nine in a row years on VHS growing up I never got the love for him that most did. Laudrup, Gazza, Gough, Ferguson, McCall etc always came before McCoist. His happy-clappy, cheeky-chappy personality never done much to sway me either, always felt it came across fake as fuck. 

You never got the love for him as a player ?

355 goals 

40 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Agree with most of that except the part in bold, he became an excellent player for us and that cannot be argued against just as the rest you printed without bold cannot be argued with.

It's funny, that near 1m a year figure was one which another poster is refusing to post... wonder why? :lol:

Half decent player maybe the wrong choice of words,  he was an out and out goal grabber but he also put in a shift for the team, Ally had this knack of being the right place at the right time, people say he was lucky?  I say it was a gift but he never really found his feet 84-85 season and forced his way into the Scotland squad along with Cooper, then Souness came the following year after the Mexico World Cup and the rest was history.

The best player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey and the best player I am ever likely to see in a Rangers jersey is Brain Laudrup, I hope I am wrong but you never know. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A decent man would have done what’s right for him and his family. Not for his employer ffs

I agree in normal circumstances, however the "employer" did so much for his career and earned him - the multi-millionaire - so much money through the years you'd expect a little back when the "employer" needed help. Especially when the "employer" was close to his heart, and especially when we weren't asking for much back - just for him to walk away and stop taking money for a job he could not do. Instead go and find other employment which would easily earn him as much if not more on TV. It's not like he'd be signing on the dole.

17 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

As was proven when his gardening leave was terminated - he walked into a pundit job literally the following day(s). His family weren't exactly going to be reduced to food banks and crisis loans.

No matter how you want to dress it up - it's abhorrent and inexcusable behaviour from someone who proclaimed a love for the club.

A decent man would have walked away.

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

But he never did right by his wife and family  did he ?  He fucked anything with a pulse as a player while married.  

That's another good point, and another knife in the back of the poor wee super ally trying to support his dear family by any means possible brigade.

Archived