The wage thief.

Virtuoso

5 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Half decent player maybe the wrong choice of words,  he was an out and out goal grabber but he also put in a shift for the team, Ally had this knack of being the right place at the right time, people say he was lucky?  I say it was a gift but he never really found his feet 84-85 season and forced his way into the Scotland squad along with Cooper, then Souness came the following year after the Mexico World Cup and the rest was history.

The best player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey and the best player I am ever likely to see in a Rangers jersey is Brain Laudrup, I hope I am wrong but you never know. 

Sadly I don't think you're far wrong. I was too young to appreciate Cooper, would have loved to have seen him. So I'd have to say Laudrup or Gazza. I think with McCoist his success was more down to the partnership he had with Hateley. Those other two could destroy entire teams themselves.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

As was proven when his gardening leave was terminated - he walked into a pundit job literally the following day(s). His family weren't exactly going to be reduced to food banks and crisis loans.

No matter how you want to dress it up - it's abhorrent and inexcusable behaviour from someone who proclaimed a love for the club.

A decent man would have walked away.

Strangely he sported a L'pool shirt while a native of EK.

11 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Sadly I don't think you're far wrong. I was too young to appreciate Cooper, would have loved to have seen him. So I'd have to say Laudrup or Gazza. I think with McCoist his success was more down to the partnership he had with Hateley. Those other two could destroy entire teams themselves.

McCoist and Hateley were at the club together for five years out of the 15 McCoist was at Ibrox. Two of the five were the lowest total number of goals McCoist scored in a season (11 in 93/94 and 1 in 94/95). McCoist wasn't far away from 200 goals for us before Hateley signed.

20 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I agree in normal circumstances, however the "employer" did so much for his career and earned him - the multi-millionaire - so much money through the years you'd expect a little back when the "employer" needed help. Especially when the "employer" was close to his heart, and especially when we weren't asking for much back - just for him to walk away and stop taking money for a job he could not do. Instead go and find other employment which would easily earn him as much if not more on TV. It's not like he'd be signing on the dole.

Like taking a 50% pay cut?

Just now, The Dude said:

McCoist and Hateley were at the club together for five years out of the 15 McCoist was at Ibrox. Two of the five were the lowest total number of goals McCoist scored in a season (11 in 93/94 and 1 in 94/95). McCoist wasn't far away from 200 goals for us before Hateley signed.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player, in fact I was defending his player abilities as a player. I just think when talking about goals scored Hateley should be remembered as well because it was a lethal partnership. If McCoist was on his own like Morelos he wouldn't have scored as much. He was a poacher, and Hateley was the perfect partner for him.

Just now, Blueteeth said:

I'm not saying he wasn't a great player, in fact I was defending his player abilities as a player. I just think when talking about goals scored Hateley should be remembered as well because it was a lethal partnership. If McCoist was on his own like Morelos he wouldn't have scored as much. He was a poacher, and Hateley was the perfect partner for him.

He was hugely successful before Hatelely was a Rangers player. As I said, he'd scored almost 200 goals in seven seasons before Hateley signed for us. That was nothing to do with his partnership with him - and rubbishes the idea that his success "was more down to the partnership he had with Hateley."

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Like taking a 50% pay cut?

Financial figures published this week showed an operating loss of £14.4m at Ibrox over a 13-month period until the end of June.

"I would like to point out that my decision to take a wage cut has nothing to do with the accounts," said McCoist.

"The negotiations started well before the accounts came out."

The results revealed McCoist's salary to be £825,000 before agreeing to a wage cut, which the manager says is now closer to a 50% reduction reported in one newspaper on Friday and not, as some have suggested, a 15% cut.

Only getting over £400'000 a year then for doing a dog shit job, which he refused to leave even when he failed in promoting us.

Great guy, yeah, not after the £££

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He was hugely successful before Hatelely was a Rangers player. As I said, he'd scored almost 200 goals in seven seasons before Hateley signed for us. That was nothing to do with his partnership with him - and rubbishes the idea that his success "was more down to the partnership he had with Hateley."

We have no way of knowing what McCoist would have been without Hateley, all we know is how great they were together.

"The classic goal poacher off the target man pairing. McCoist and Hateley won six Premier League titles, two Scottish Cups and three League Cups together at Ibrox during the 1990s.

It was a front duo to strike fear into any opposition as Hateley's rough-em-up style created openings for McCoist to go and apply the finishing touch. Yet the big Englishman scored many a crucial goal himself as supporters of Aberdeen, celtic and Leeds United will testify.

Without doubt one of the Ibrox club's best-ever strike partnerships, McCoist and Hateley will be immortalised in the nine-in-a-row years."

I'll argue for no reason and keep things going, just like you do :lol:

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Financial figures published this week showed an operating loss of £14.4m at Ibrox over a 13-month period until the end of June.

"I would like to point out that my decision to take a wage cut has nothing to do with the accounts," said McCoist.

"The negotiations started well before the accounts came out."

The results revealed McCoist's salary to be £825,000 before agreeing to a wage cut, which the manager says is now closer to a 50% reduction reported in one newspaper on Friday and not, as some have suggested, a 15% cut.

Only getting over £400'000 a year then for doing a dog shit job, which he refused to leave even when he failed in promoting us.

Great guy, yeah, not after the £££

So he did take a pay cut and give the "little back" that you'd expect.

Much of a loss did we make last year? £14m? Should Gerrard be handing back a portion of his salary given he's making more than McCoist ever did and we're still no closer to celtic? Or how about Andy Halliday. Big Gers man, surely given that we're making similar losses now he should be handing someback to help the club out.

2 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

We have no way of knowing what McCoist would have been without Hateley, all we know is how great they were together.

"The classic goal poacher off the target man pairing. McCoist and Hateley won six Premier League titles, two Scottish Cups and three League Cups together at Ibrox during the 1990s.

It was a front duo to strike fear into any opposition as Hateley's rough-em-up style created openings for McCoist to go and apply the finishing touch. Yet the big Englishman scored many a crucial goal himself as supporters of Aberdeen, celtic and Leeds United will testify.

Without doubt one of the Ibrox club's best-ever strike partnerships, McCoist and Hateley will be immortalised in the nine-in-a-row years."

I'll argue for no reason and keep things going, just like you do :lol:

Is that other than the 250+ games he'd played for Rangers before Hateley had signed for us?

Just now, The Dude said:

So he did take a pay cut and give the "little back" that you'd expect.

Much of a loss did we make last year? £14m? Should Gerrard be handing back a portion of his salary given he's making more than McCoist ever did and we're still no closer to celtic? Or how about Andy Halliday. Big Gers man, surely given that we're making similar losses now he should be handing someback to help the club out.

Are you thick? As I've said maybe 4 times now, all the fans wanted was for him to walk away at the end - he didn't and no matter how you try and dress it up you cannot change he refused to walk away, was put on gardening leave while still raking in the £££

That's why many of us have a problem with McCoist.

I'll just keep saying the same thing over and over, I really don't have anything better to do today so bring it on. :lol:

30 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

I agree in normal circumstances, however the "employer" did so much for his career and earned him - the multi-millionaire - so much money through the years you'd expect a little back when the "employer" needed help. Especially when the "employer" was close to his heart, and especially when we weren't asking for much back - just for him to walk away and stop taking money for a job he could not do. Instead go and find other employment which would easily earn him as much if not more on TV. It's not like he'd be signing on the dole.

Visa versa blueteeth. 

McCoists goals must have made us a fortune. Including the prestige that comes with being a golden boot winner (twice)

His goals pumped the taigs on numerous occasions giving me some of the greatest times supporting this great club. 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Well do you know for a fact ???  You don't and none of us do cause he chooses to tell us fuck all

... and it’s his right to say fuck all - but turning on him because he got paid, or expresses an honest opinion - that’s just pathetic. There are some real charlatans that fucked us - White, Murray, Green to name but 3 but folk decide to turn on Ally and that is fucking pathetic. 

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Are you thick? As I've said maybe 4 times now, all the fans wanted was for him to walk away at the end - he didn't and no matter how you try and dress it up you cannot change he refused to walk away, was put on gardening leave while still raking in the £££

That's why many of us have a problem with McCoist.

I'll just keep saying the same thing over and over, I really don't have anything better to do today so bring it on. :lol:

Great. There are fans that have wanted every single manager we've had to walk away. He was put on gardening leave because he was contractually obliged to serve a 12-month notice period. It's really not that difficult a concept.

Just now, The Dude said:

Is that other than the 250+ games he'd played for Rangers before Hateley had signed for us?

You know, it's amazing, I was defending McCoist the player and you turned it into a negative.

You just like arguing for arguments sake

You know, it's amazing, I was defending McCoist the player and you turned it into a negative.

You just like arguing for arguments sake

I'm not really sure saying that his phenomenal goal scoring record over 15 years was done to his partnership with someone he only played with for a third of that is defending it. Certainly not giving it the credit due.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Visa versa blueteeth. 

McCoists goals must have made us a fortune. Including the prestige that comes with being a golden boot winner (twice)

His goals pumped the taigs on numerous occasions giving me some of the greatest times supporting this great club. 

There was no one prouder than me at that fact, but now I couldn't care less to be honest with you. Like I said, he was my hero when I was young, and probably couldn't appreciate him as much as I could have now if I saw him playing. But his antics when he became manager were just too much to take, and in my opinion all events effect each other and have to be taken into consideration.

Andy Goram is the best goalkeeper that I have ever seen.

Richard Gough is the best defender that I have ever seen.

Ian Durrant is the best midfielder that I have ever seen.

Ally McCoist is the best striker that I have ever seen.

As footballers I loved them all dearly......

As people, to a man, all are absolute fannies.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I'm not really sure saying that his phenomenal goal scoring record over 15 years was done to his partnership with someone he only played with for a third of that is defending it. Certainly not giving it the credit due.

McCoist signed for Rangers when I was born, so forgive me if I don't remember him banging in the goals at that age. But I'll not bother defending the player at all now, you've sickened me off him with your shite. :lol:

McCoist signed for Rangers when I was born, so forgive me if I don't remember him banging in the goals at that age. But I'll not bother defending the player at all now, you've sickened me off him with your shite. :lol:

Great. He signed for us three years before I was born but I can still acknowledge that things happened in football before I can rememeber stuff taking place.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s more threads on here spouting pish and anger towards McCoist than Whyte, Green and those other fuckers put together 

which is strange 

I've not seen anyone discuss those wanks on this forum. But a little insight might be that we expected more from one of our own. Whyte and Green didn't give a shit about Rangers and that was clear. They were just fucking us over and spouting pish while bending us over. 

McCoist was supposed to be as big a fan as any of us and he fucked it. Personally I have far greater hatred for Whyte and Green, but I don't see anyone actually talking about them or defending them. Who knows.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Or conversely the board refused to make a simple concession and remove the non-disclosure on the basis that it could look bad on them in future.

You prove that, you have demanded proof from everyone else.

Archived