The wage thief.

Virtuoso

Just now, The Dude said:

Great. He signed for us three years before I was born but I can still acknowledge that things happened in football before I can rememeber stuff taking place.

You're a supposed sports journalist or blogger, so perhaps you should know your history better than just another fan. I would say Davie Cooper is the best Rangers player we've ever had - even although I've never really been able to appreciate how he played for us - because I was too young. So I think you're doing me a major disservice by saying that. I haven't researched every single Rangers player's career from before I was born, no, so at least I'll admit that and apologise unreservedly for my lack knowledge in that regard.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

You're a supposed sports journalist or blogger, so perhaps you should know your history better than just another fan. I would say Davie Cooper is the best Rangers player we've ever had - even although I've never really been able to appreciate how he played for us - because I was too young. So I think you're doing me a major disservice by saying that. I haven't researched every single Rangers player's career from before I was born, no, so at least I'll admit that and apologise unreservedly for my lack knowledge in that regard.

My knowledge of stuff like that is nothing to do with my job. 

Just now, The Dude said:

My knowledge of stuff like that is nothing to do with my job. 

Ok, you're autistic then or able to google search readily.

Well done

McCoist is still a wage thief in the end, first a gifted player, an over ambitious manager, which turned into a failed manager... then a wage thief.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Ok, you're autistic then or able to google search readily.

Well done

McCoist is still a wage thief in the end, first a gifted player, an over ambitious manager, which turned into a failed manager... then a wage thief.

Aye they regularly test for autism by asking if you knew Ally McCoist was scoring regularly before Mark Hateley joined Rangers 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Aye they regularly test for autism by asking if you knew Ally McCoist was scoring regularly before Mark Hateley joined Rangers 

:lol:  Why don't you just sit doon, have a wee dram and watch Scotland bring doon the major force of San Marino?

It's surely better than nae football

44 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So he did take a pay cut and give the "little back" that you'd expect.

Much of a loss did we make last year? £14m? Should Gerrard be handing back a portion of his salary given he's making more than McCoist ever did and we're still no closer to celtic? Or how about Andy Halliday. Big Gers man, surely given that we're making similar losses now he should be handing some back to help the club out.

Unless I see Gerrard's salary in the yearly accounts I am not reading (much like yourself about coisty).

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Imagine putting yourself  and family before your employer. 

Disgusting. 

Not just his actions as manager or after it’s the way he acts permanently constant attack’s on Rangers. Ally mccoist looks after ally mccoist 

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Great. There are fans that have wanted every single manager we've had to walk away. He was put on gardening leave because he was contractually obliged to serve a 12-month notice period. It's really not that difficult a concept.

I had a contract to leave a month after resignation from my job and three weeks in we agreed I am just taking the piss and couldn't be arsed training their kids any more (never got paid for it anyway). Any cunt that cannot tell me "what is the most important part of a computer?" after 27 years doing my job doesn't deserve my training at the time.

Still, get to play with caravans now so all good.

35 minutes ago, Malvern said:

You prove that, you have demanded proof from everyone else.

I haven't demanded anyone prove anything in this thread and I've certainly not demanded anyone prove that it was McCoist who refused to terminate his contract so he could keep getting paid.

Just now, Malvern said:

I had a contract to leave a month after resignation from my job and three weeks in we agreed I am just taking the piss and couldn't be arsed training their kids any more (never got paid for it anyway). Any cunt that cannot tell me "what is the most important part of a computer?" after 27 years doing my job doesn't deserve my training at the time. 

Still, get to play with caravans now so all good.

Why did you bother serving your notice period? Folk seem to think you can just ignore it and "walk away" without coming to some sort of agreement with your employer.

10 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Unless I see Gerrard's salary in the yearly accounts I am not reading (much like yourself about coisty).

And that's the thing. I can guarantee you that you won't see Gerrard's salary explicitly listed in the accounts. McCoist's were deliberately put in to turn fans against him at a time the board were getting it tight. By chucking McCoist's salary out there it worked a treat for them and got some of the heat off themselves and onto McCoist.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why did you bother serving your notice period? Folk seem to think you can just ignore it and "walk away" without coming to some sort of agreement with your employer.

We agreed I would not be paid and I didn't really give a toss as I wanted to leave. It would have been different if I was on 850K a year (or 50% of that) for doing fuck all but I also was not a multi millionaire either so all things in context.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And that's the thing. I can guarantee you that you won't see Gerrard's salary explicitly listed in the accounts. McCoist's were deliberately put in to turn fans against him at a time the board were getting it tight. By chucking McCoist's salary out there it worked a treat for them and got some of the heat off themselves and onto McCoist.

Was his salary not disclosed at an AGM, he just didn't want them published in accounts?

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

accounts first iirc

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/Rangers-ally-mccoist-fends-off-flak-over-salary-1-3126600

Not really bothered to be honest, we all know he was paid a hugely over inflated salary.

EDIT: Mind you that's not your paper so you may not want to read it.

6 minutes ago, Malvern said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/Rangers-ally-mccoist-fends-off-flak-over-salary-1-3126600

Not really bothered to be honest, we all know he was paid a hugely over inflated salary.

EDIT: Mind you that's not your paper so you may not want to read it.

I barely read "my" paper as it is.

22 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

McCoist as a player was terrific, my absolute hero, and met him a few times as a boy and he was brilliant with me.

McCoist as a manager was a shambles. A joke. Made us an utter laughing stock - but I can forgive that.

McCoist the £850k salary in the 4th tier, Whyte / Green endorsing, penny share accumulating, wage hiding, gardening leave, ‘settlement’ post King in power, BT sport filth loving, handwringing, can’t learn Morelos’s name arsehole I’ll never forgive.

Having scanned this epic,  this about best sums up my feelings.  Expected better of him,  and his recent actions obliterate his previous achievements. Even seeing his name annoys me.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

He was hugely successful before Hatelely was a Rangers player. As I said, he'd scored almost 200 goals in seven seasons before Hateley signed for us. That was nothing to do with his partnership with him - and rubbishes the idea that his success "was more down to the partnership he had with Hateley."

He had Sandy Clarke & Bobby Williamson in his early days as you will remember, even when Hateley came he had been out at Monaco for a while and was as slow as a week in the jail for about 6 months as once he hit his stride the big man was fearless in the air but also fast as fuck when we broke away.  

One of the best team goals you will see in the 2nd at Elland rd against Leeds, once Hateley was released down the left it was all about who's in the middle and there was Ally with a glorious header to kill the tie stone dead. But McCoist and Hateley were the best I have ever seen at Ibrox then we added a Mr Laudrup who was just oozing class and was untouchable, even the hatchet men up here could not get near him he was that good.

What would you give for a McCoist, Hateley or a Laudrup now ?  

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

There’s more threads on here spouting pish and anger towards McCoist than Whyte, Green and those other fuckers put together 

which is strange 

This - and don’t forget Murray - there’s the real hero to zero story! 

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

BLUEPETER 9

And you call bears pathetic :p:

Any so called Rangers fan that votes SNP in this day and age is an 18 carrot gold charlatan :justno:

... really - your kinda scraping the barrel there ! That’s really all you can muster? 

Archived