The wage thief.

Virtuoso

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Copland bear said:

Well bears will always dig deep don't you agree ?   So we will never die , hope that's cleared that up for you 

So why did it take McCoist to endorse Green to sell more than "200" season tickets? Either we needed to be told to put our money in or we'll "always dig deep." It can't be both.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No chance we only sold 200 ST's until Ally backed him 

Go check there was a boycott on.  I bought mine and got pelters off cunts I knew for it.  As soon as Ally gave the nod we had sold 35k or something within a week. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So why did it take McCoist to endorse Green to sell more than "200" season tickets? Either we needed to be told to put our money in or we'll "always dig deep." It can't be both.

Green had no money to back them, they bought the club but were skint and needed season book money for day day running off the club,  they had planned for season book money but when the fans held back they were running out if money.  The fans boycotted and we had only shifted a couple of hundred books at the time ,  so he had to do something didn't he, And in step Super Ally for 3% of the club, the season book money sees us to Christmas and we will sell shares and rob the club of even more money.  

Green's money or the people that backed him never paid for thing once they were in the door we did through season books then as I said the share issue 6 months or so later 

6 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Go check there was a boycott on.  I bought mine and got pelters off cunts I knew for it.  As soon as Ally gave the nod we had sold 35k or something within a week. 

I find it hard to believe that only 200 people had renewed or bought a ST and then Ally said buy them and then 34,800 people thought that'll do me 

58 minutes ago, VentyFour said:

This has always been my opinion on it, and why I have lost respect for him. He sold his integrity imo

A lot of employers ask for this to be signed at the point of offering a job, of all the things to lose respect for him this is pretty pathetic imo.

10 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

No chance we only sold 200 ST's until Ally backed him 

Correct there was a hardcore of fans probably about 17-23k who kept buying their briefs despite what particulate chancer was there at the time, no because AM or any other gave the nod, that's how the lights are still fuckin oan !

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

So we are all in agreement that Ally is the reason we went to the third division 

Hey he could not see a player in Andy Robertson ffs when he played against us for Queen's Park.   I wonder how that boys doing now ? 

30 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't get the problem with the shares. Isn't it pretty normal for senior employees to be given shares in lieu of cash bonuses etc (either contractually or ad hoc) or to be gifted a relatively small amount during an IPO?

Aye, but Ally.....

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Exactly, doesn't stop you forming your opinion about Ally though does it?

This one thing doesn't form my opinion on you Ally, but if it makes you feel better the jury is still out on my total opinion of you. 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

Hey he could not see a player in Andy Robertson ffs when he played against us for Queen's Park.   I wonder how that boys doing now ? 

I’m sure at that time the support would have been completely supportive of him replacing Lee Wallace, who was absolutely hero worshipped for staying, with an 18 year left back playing in the third division who had a few good games against us. :lol:

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I find it hard to believe that only 200 people had renewed or bought a ST and then Ally said buy them and then 34,800 people thought that'll do me 

The guy was a living legend ffs,   Would  have sold more if we had a bigger ground 😂

]Kevin Kyle shone a light on the financial mismanagement at Rangers when he claimed even his former team-mates can’t believe how much they earn.

A business review by Graham Wallace last week revealed staggering losses of £70.7million in the last 18 months, with the chief executive insisting that the wage cost is ‘well in excess of what it should be’.

But responding to criticism of players being paid £7,000 a week to play against part-time opponents in the lower leagues, manager Ally McCoist insisted the first-team wages-to-turnover ratio is just 28 per cent — a figure he believes is the ‘envy of any club in world football’.

In a typically candid interview with Sportsmail, however, former Ibrox striker Kyle claims the club are paying players far more than most of them could ever hope to make elsewhere.

‘There are guys at Rangers who can’t believe their luck at what they earn,’ said the 32-year-old, who signed for the Ibrox club in August 2012.

‘I remember a fellow pro phoning me in the summer and, because I had read about it in a paper, I asked him: “Did Rangers really offer you that amount?”

‘And he said to me: “You know what? I think I could actually get even more off them”.

‘You are thinking to yourself: “Third division football and they are going to be earning £350,000 or £400,000 a year? And they would go higher still?”’

Kyle spent last season at Rangers, making nine appearances and scoring three goals during an injury-plagued spell.

Exonerating his former team-mates of blame for doing the best they can financially, he claims he was offered four times what he would have accepted to join the club.

‘You cannot blame the players because they were offered the cash,’ he maintained. ‘It’s the guys who were at Rangers before who ultimately paid them the cash.

‘If you are going to be really, really honest and brutal about it, you take a lot of those players in the Rangers team and challenge them to go somewhere else in Scotland and get the same cash — they wouldn’t get it.

‘Even if they tried to go south, they wouldn’t get it there, either. There would be one or two that might. Lee Wallace probably.

8 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

A lot of employers ask for this to be signed at the point of offering a job, of all the things to lose respect for him this is pretty pathetic imo.

Not really, Rangers are more than a club and to millions it's a massive part of our life, if not the largest. I have never seen anything that comes close in the football world to what we went through, and what we were subjected to. Ally was my hero growing up, and still to this day my favourite ever player however he had a chance to help us all, by shining a light on the darkness that engulfed our club...instead he took the money. 

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So where were we making all this money then if we'd only sold 200 season books? The SPL/SFA were keeping our TV money and any transfer income we received so that wasn't coming to us. There was no friendlies. No prize money. No European money. 

That bit is a scandal tbh. Did we ever receive anything back? That money was vital to the club. Would have been quite a few million?

24 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

No get your facts straight we sold about 200 season books until McCoist backed him

Can you provide me with your factual evidence of this?

18 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

So as a player he deserves the shares ?   We made him a millionaire for playing ffs   Was that not enough ? 

Here pal I don't care what he makes or what he does , as long as he is not fleecing Ramgers any,ore 

So what would the likes of Jock Wallace when he was alive deserve ?

Jock  Wallace never got any share given to him for being manager so why should McCoist have?  

Yes, he deserved his shares.

You clearly do care what he makes and what he does:lol: you care that he is keeping his shares to pass down to his family and use the millionaire line while ranting about it.

Archived