The wage thief.

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

Is the poster also a millionaire that has worked for a business that so attaches with the very people that give him that life?

Doubt it, ridiculous argument you're putting forward.

Just to counter it, I worked for DEBRA for free at the weekends for a couple of years because I emotionally attached to the cause.

So do you think Gerrard should be working for free? He's made far more over his career than McCoist ever did. Or is he cool to be earning huge amounts because he never supported us?

Was working for Debra your only employment or did you also work and receive a wage elsewhere?

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Dude said:

Any chance of pointing me to the annual accounts where Smith's annual salary was listed?

Strange I never heard of Wattie's representatives asking for anything as to his salary to be hidden, your argument has no validity in any form.

1 minute ago, backup said:

Strange I never heard of Wattie's representatives asking for anything as to his salary to be hidden, your argument has no validity in any form.

If he never asked for it to be hidden then it won't be a problem to show where it is listed in the annual accounts.

Just now, The Dude said:

So do you think Gerrard should be working for free? He's made far more over his career than McCoist ever did. Or is he cool to be earning huge amounts because he never supported us?

Was working for Debra your only employment or did you also work and receive a wage elsewhere?

You asked if he worked for free, i'm telling you lots of people do work for free IF they are emotionally attached to a cause. You made a stupid point, I corrected  you. No need to squirm.

The very point of working for free is a ridiculous one anyway, simply put - it's not what Rangers fans would have wanted anyway. Rangers fans would have expected McCoist to leave when he was getting ridiculously high wages for basically fucking us up with his rotten management. Not... work... for... free...

But again, I'll say it because you don't like it... yes lots of people work for free because they emotionally attach with the cause. 

Just now, The Dude said:

If he never asked for it to be hidden then it won't be a problem to show where it is listed in the annual accounts.

I will leave you to dig a deeper hole with your defence of the indefensible.

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Do you work for free?

Its pretty basic to use that as an arguement.  Mccoist the player is never in doubt to what he brought the club. Mccoist the manager is the equivelent of the guy in the boozer who is always murdering people but never lifting a hand, "wait till i see craig whyte" etc. How? What really are you going to do?  It would be better for him to keep the trap shut and hope we forget his tenure as manager rather than try to curry favour with the fans.  Look at Smith, he has basically kept his own council over the whole issue and is respected for it. Mccoist made some cringey decisions while in charge of us (karaoke after a final defeat etc) and if people have an issue with that then let them have their point. 

Just now, Blueteeth said:

You asked if he worked for free, i'm telling you lots of people do work for free IF they are emotionally attached to a cause. You made a stupid point, I corrected  you. No need to squirm.

The very point of working for free is a ridiculous one anyway, simply put - it's not what Rangers fans would have wanted anyway. Rangers fans would have expected McCoist to leave when he was getting ridiculously high wages for basically fucking us up with his rotten management. Not... work... for... free...

But again, I'll say it because you don't like it... yes lots of people work for free because they emotionally attach with the cause. 

Lots of people's primary source of employment doesn't pay?

So, leaving at about the time he did then? The two seasons before we'd won the title comfortably and when it looked like we'd fucked the Championship he resigned.

I think you're mistaken people taking on additional voluntary work rather than their main job. I'd be interested if you can point me to many football managers (or players) who work for free because of a emotional attachment to the club.

3 minutes ago, backup said:

I will leave you to dig a deeper hole with your defence of the indefensible.

So you can't provide a single set of accounts that explicitly list the manager's wages other than McCoist's? They must have all been hiding them.

A living Legend, hero worshipped him as a child, will always be a "TRUE Rangers LEGEND" in my eyes. 

A failed stint as manager will never cloud my judgement, far too many too quick to jump of the hate Ally bandwagon. 

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Lots of people's primary source of employment doesn't pay?

So, leaving at about the time he did then? The two seasons before we'd won the title comfortably and when it looked like we'd fucked the Championship he resigned.

I think you're mistaken people taking on additional voluntary work rather than their main job. I'd be interested if you can point me to many football managers (or players) who work for free because of a emotional attachment to the club.

Working for free was your stupid argument, you can argue on and on as much as you like about it. You started the working for free nonsense.

Whether you like it or not, there are many people who work for free because they have an emotional attachment to the cause and they are relatively poor individuals. If you are denying this then you're a prat.

He dug his heels in and went on gardening leave if you remember, while picking up a high wage. All he needed to do was leave because he failed to get us to the premier league and failed in his major signings... all while picking up a massive wage most of us could only dream about having.

Are you telling me McCoist...

"Ally McCoist’s 2018 estimated net worth is $10 Million` up from $10 Million in 2017 with estimated 2017-2018 earnings` salary` and income of $1.3 Million."

Is comparable to someone on this forum working for free? Is that your argument? Really?

What a moron :lol:

19 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Some of us as a support act exactly as we as a support despise. 

Is it not enough that every other cunt wants to berate us without our own. 

Not one single person on here would refuse a wage rise, half their wages or get what contractually they are entitled to, no not one. 

You are wrong.

7 minutes ago, Blueteeth said:

Working for free was your stupid argument, you can argue on and on as much as you like about it. You started the working for free nonsense.

Whether you like it or not, there are many people who work for free because they have an emotional attachment to the cause and they are relatively poor individuals. If you are denying this then you're a prat.

He dug his heels in and went on gardening leave if you remember, while picking up a high wage. All he needed to do was leave because he failed to get us to the premier league and failed in his major signings... all while picking up a massive wage most of us could only dream about having.

Are you telling me McCoist...

"Ally McCoist’s 2018 estimated net worth is $10 Million` up from $10 Million in 2017 with estimated 2017-2018 earnings` salary` and income of $1.3 Million."

Is comparable to someone on this forum working for free? Is that your argument? Really? 

What a moron :lol:

'Dug his heels in' - you're literally re-writing history here. He was contractually obligated to give (or be given) 12 months notice. You can't resign, dig your heels in and keep getting paid for a year.

So gimme some examples of people working in high profile roles in football who work for free.

I've not said it is comparable. Without knowing any given individual's spending and income there's no way to make a fair comparison.

Also, let's not forget that up until he resigned, McCoist was working for 50% wages (as was confirmed by the club).

The guy is a Rangers legend, end of story. Most if the other pish being talked about on here is little understood or known, people making out they know the ins and outs if everything that went on behind the scene. 

Its bullshit, all you have to do is remember the hurt on the guys face and how much the stress of trying to manage the club under the Whyte and Green regimes aged the cunt. 

Maybe he has said one or two wee things that have pissed a few people off, but he has a right to an opinion just like the rest of us. It doesn’t mean he is a sellout or whatever. 

To me he has always come across as someone who cares deeply about our club and has brought more joy to more supporters than just about any other figure in our history. And as for everyone thats got an opinion on how much money he got paid or compensated, ffs what has that really got to do with the guys legacy? Every cunt thats ever pulled on the jersey in modern times has been paid and compensated well, so why shouldn’t he? Thats part of being employed at a big club. 

As ive said, the guy is and always will be, a Rangers legend, he’s not done anything that justifies anyone trying to take that away or tarnish it in any way. Even during his stint as manager ffs. Can you hand on heart say that he never cared? And if you can, then fuck you! You are full of shit. 

The people we should be pointing the finger at are the assholes who were running the club at the time. They took way more money out of the club than mccoist ever did, and did nothing to earn it.

They were throwing daft wages at the likes of Kevin Kyle, who has been open and honest saying he would have taken half the money offered. do we slander Kyle for not taking less? Of course not. A wage was put in front of Ally and he accepted. Done. 

we have a left back at the club who hasn't kicked a ball for the best part of three seasons. Why isn't he called a wage thief? Pretty sure he has taken at least the same if not more out of the club. 

Ally the manager was frustrating as hell but he does genuinely love the club.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

'Dug his heels in' - you're literally re-writing history here. He was contractually obligated to give (or be given) 12 months notice. You can't resign, dig your heels in and keep getting paid for a year.

So gimme some examples of people working in high profile roles in football who work for free.

I've not said it is comparable. Without knowing any given individual's spending and income there's no way to make a fair comparison.

Also, let's not forget that up until he resigned, McCoist was working for 50% wages (as was confirmed by the club).

No, because that is not the original question, you have moved the goal posts - the original question was if a poster on this site worked for free. I said some posters on here have and given myself as an example - then you move the goal posts again. I also told you it was a ridiculous argument then, and it still remains ridiculous and still you keep going there for some strange reason. 

I then also said it was nothing to do with working for free because at that point McCoist could have walked away and he didn't - he went on gardening leave and still raked in the cash. You seem to have run away from me stating McCoist's net worth and how unlike most posters on here he could have easily have walked away from our club when it was financially on its knees and not had to worry about his family. Especially since he would have easily been able to get back into TV work... which he as since. I'm also guessing the poster you were asking if he's work for free wouldn't have the working on the TV option. :lol:

This is the problem most Rangers fans have, we wouldn't have minded if he had been a complete failure as long as he walked away. The club was on its knees and needed money, instead of McCoist walking away with the large sum of money he already had made from the club - allowing us to get someone better suited in - he dug his heels in and kept grabbing the money. He could have walked away and didn't - whether you like it or not.

I'll do what you do to other people, but unlike what you ask others this is quite a bit easier, what were McCoist's reduced wages for the year and what was the 2nd largest manager's wage in the same league at the time?

Regarding the working for free retardedness, I am no longer going to keep posting the same thing over and over. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

we have a left back at the club who hasn't kicked a ball for the best part of three seasons. Why isn't he called a wage thief. Pretty sure he has taken at least the same out of the club. 

Because he is lauded as a hero for basically doing exactly what Ally done, funny that.

Different rules for different people, there's a lot on here who would make shite employment lawyers. 

The Rangers icon has been on fully-paid gardening leave since leaving the club in December.

Subjected to criticism for continuing to lift a full salary while the club were in financial difficulty, McCoist has now agreed to sever his contract three months early.

1 minute ago, Blueteeth said:

No, because that is not the original question, you have moved the goal posts - the original question was if a poster on this site worked for free. I said some posters on here have and given myself as an example - then you move the goal posts again. I also told you it was a ridiculous argument then, and it still remains ridiculous and still you keep going there for some strange reason. 

I then also said it was nothing to do with working for free because at that point McCoist could have walked away and he didn't - he went on gardening leave and still raked in the cash. You seem to have run away from me stating McCoist's net worth and how unlike most posters on here he could have easily have walked away from our club when it was financially on its knees and not had to worry about his family. Especially since he would have easily been able to get back into TV work... which he as since. I'm also guessing the poster you were asking if he's work for free wouldn't have the working on the TV option. :lol:

This is the problem most Rangers fans have, we wouldn't have minded if he had been a complete failure as long as he walked away. The club was on its knees and needed money, instead of McCoist walking away with the large sum of money he already had made from the club - allowing us to get someone better suited in - he dug his heels in and kept grabbing the money. He could have walked away and didn't - whether you like it or not.

I'll do what you do to other people, but unlike what you ask others this is quite a bit easier, what were McCoist's reduced wages for the year and what was the 2nd largest manager's wage in the same league at the time?

Regarding the working for free retardedness, I am no longer going to keep posting the same thing over and over. 

He couldn't walk away as he had a legally binding contract with the club which stipulated a 12-month notice period (which he spent on gardening leave). The club confirmed that in a statement at the time.

Being employed by Rangers wouldn't have stopped him from getting into TV work. It would only require the club to give him approval to do so (such as we do with current employees who appear on TV regularly like Kevin Thomson) or have an agreement in place which allows him to take on other additional work which isn't in conflict with his role at the club.

Again, he did walk away when he tendered his resignation. No matter what point in time he gave it, he was still obliged to fulfil a 12-month notice period. After winning the league in the previous two seasons then I don't understand why people think he would have resigned before he did.

What is the relevance of the wage of a manager at a part-time team with an average gate of a few hundred and miniscule turnover compared to the manager of a full-time club with 50,000 through the gates every week. Do you think we should have been paying third division wages?

You stated his net worth from some unsourced website whih claims it has risen from $10 million to $10million so it is pretty hard to take seriously.

22 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

The people we should be pointing the finger at are the assholes who were running the club at the time. They took way more money out of the club than mccoist ever did, and did nothing to earn it.

They were throwing daft wages at the likes of Kevin Kyle, who has been open and honest saying he would have taken half the money offered. do we slander Kyle for not taking less? Of course not. A wage was put in front of Ally and he accepted. Done. 

we have a left back at the club who hasn't kicked a ball for the best part of three seasons. Why isn't he called a wage thief? Pretty sure he has taken at least the same if not more out of the club. 

Ally the manager was frustrating as hell but he does genuinely love the club.

Not the same though is it? 

Wallace is a Rangers player, McCoist albeit on gardening leave sat on his arse doing fuck all after failing and at the time giving some of the worst results and signings in the clubs history.

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Because he is lauded as a hero for basically doing exactly what Ally done, funny that.

Different rules for different people, there's a lot on here who would make shite employment lawyers. 

One sacrificed his prime years and an international career to play in the worst leagues in Europe, McCoist managed the club, not the same.

1-0 me, again.

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

He couldn't walk away as he had a legally binding contract with the club which stipulated a 12-month notice period (which he spent on gardening leave). 

From @backup above:

The Rangers icon has been on fully-paid gardening leave since leaving the club in December.

Subjected to criticism for continuing to lift a full salary while the club were in financial difficulty, McCoist has now agreed to sever his contract three months early.

So he quit gardening leave only after coming under criticism - so what was stopping him quitting gardening leave after one week? 

Just another one who rode the gravy train and milked it for all he could.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Wallace is a Rangers player, McCoist albeit on gardening leave sat on his arse doing fuck all after failing and at the time giving some of the worst results and signings in the clubs history.

One sacrificed his prime years and an international career to play in the worst leagues in Europe, McCoist managed the club, not the same.

1-0 me, again.

Every single time, definitely 1-0 me.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

1-0 me, again.

Wallace is a Rangers player who could at any time walk away or ask for a transfer to another team. He knows as well as we all do that he won't get a better payday anywhere else so is riding it out until his contract expires. Not saying i blame him, but if we are looking at wage thieves he is pretty high up the list. 

4 hours ago, murzo said:

Or has one of our own turned on us . Wouldn’t be the first, isn’t the last.

Nope he didn’t - giving a negative opinion on elements of Rangers is not turning on us! Ffs you been on RM when we get beat Or play badly? Shameful the way folk turned on him instead of supporting 

6 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

From @backup above:

So he quit gardening leave only after coming under criticism - so what was stopping him quitting gardening leave after one week? 

Just another one who rode the gravy train and milked it for all he could.

He didn't "quit" gardening leave. He came to a settlement with the club for the remaining three months. It needs both parties to agree to it or nothing changes. I've seen and heard nothing that suggests the club were willing to come to any sort of settlement (prior to King etc taking control) without the inclusion of an NDA.

Archived