Spurs new stadium

Spurs Stadium - Opinions  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Spurs new stadium?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47687411

To be fair it looks amazing, and have a look at the video to see the witchcraft with the pint glasses. Pints filling from the bottom of the glass rather than the top.

In saying that it looks amazing, it also looks completely soulless. It is like some kind of fancy shopping mall you would see in Dubai or the likes.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47687411

To be fair it looks amazing, and have a look at the video to see the witchcraft with the pint glasses. Pints filling from the bottom of the glass rather than the top.

In saying that it looks amazing, it also looks completely soulless. It is like some kind of fancy shopping mall you would see in Dubai or the likes.

Pints look totally flat, obviously no gas with that contraption.

Yeah. OkayĀ on the outside. Bit meh. The inside looks tremendous though. MostĀ parts look no expense spared, a fewĀ not so much. Dunno about value for money at a billion, even given some of the Gucci kit.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Pints look totally flat, obviously no gas with that contraption.

Dunno, looks like it could be okay from this:-

Looks like the glasses are fairly solid though, so doubt it is that 0.5mm thick bendy plastic.

Think it is more re-usable type glasses.

Looks like an impressive bit of building work, whether it turns out to have a soul remains to be seen.

Suppose itā€™s down to the atmosphere the fans manage to create, that single tier end should help if the right kind of punters are located in it. Always thought of the Spurs support as more down to earth working class guys than the Nick Hornby ā€œfootieā€ types who seem to be the typicalĀ Arsenal fan these days.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Looks goodĀ on the outside. The inside looks tremendous though. MostĀ parts look no expense spared, a fewĀ not so much. Dunno about value for money at a billion, even given some if the Gucci kit.

Can you imagine West Ham supporters looking at that and then having to contemplate watching their team in a converted athletics stadium?

14 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Can you imagine West Ham supporters looking at that and then having to contemplate watching their team in a converted athletics stadium?

Yeah, West Ham is the worst recent case of modern football sucking the soul from the game.

Don't get me wrong, I like Spurs' new stadium, but give me White Heart Lane or The Boleyn any day. If the OP poll was WHL/TB v the two new grounds, the former would get my vote.

9 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Losing Highbury was a tragic moment for British football.

I think losing all these smaller, older stadiums where the fans are right on top of the pitch is tragic tbh especially when they are all being replaced with bigger lifeless stadiums filled with tourists.

15 hours ago, Inigo said:

Yeah. Looks goodĀ on the outside. The inside looks tremendous though. MostĀ parts look no expense spared, a fewĀ not so much. Dunno about value for money at a billion, even given some if the Gucci kit.

sake Inigo that's the second time I've seen you type 'if' this week.Ā Ā Sort it out.Ā