Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Well apart from losing to a joke team in the qualifiers, which other successful Rangers managers managed to do, what else in his first season after a transfer window, made him a joke? 

Should be easy to answer seeing as he wasnt here long, 

Not the 4th best team in Luxembourg you absolute rocket.

im not even going to get into this debate as I feel you are a lost cause 

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Have the Euro payouts happened yet? 

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Have the Euro payouts happened yet?   This is the time of year where we have always historically used finance.  It's the lean time before ST money etc comes in.

Are you denying that we will have made some serious money from Europe, because that's how it seems.

We will have made nowhere near 15 million euros, the winner gets 4 million euros, also we will have been paid up to our getting knocked out.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lost 5-1 with a team that was costing roughly a 3rd of the tarriers wage wise, a team that wasnt his against a tarrier team unbeaten all season

For pena and herrera i give you sadiq, grezda and lafferty

Did pedro make progress from the warburton era? 

Aye, still lost tho

You can’t compare Pena and Herrera to those 3 for so many reasons. 

You tell me just look at the stats. 

Warburton - 

P32 W19 D7 L6 F54 A28 GD: +26

Points per game: 2.00

Win rate: 59%

Goals per game: 1.69

Goals conceded per game: 0.88

Pedro - 

P26 W14 D5 L7 F49 A30 GD+19

Points per game 1.81

Win rate: 54%

Goals per game: 1.88

Goals conceded per game: 1.15

not to mention Pedro was backed in the transfer market with a lot more than Warburton Was. 

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Not the 4th best team in Luxembourg you absolute rocket.

im not even going to get into this debate as I feel you are a lost cause 

Doesn't matter what team it was, we've lost terrible qualifiers before and managers have turned their season around and won stuff

2 minutes ago, backup said:

We will have made nowhere near 15 million euros, the winner gets 4 million euros, also we will have been paid up to our getting knocked out.

Don't think that's right , we will have had the extra gate money etc obv , but I'm sure the prize money for wins etc is paid in the summer after the final has been played 

4 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Aye, still lost tho

You can’t compare Pena and Herrera to those 3 for so many reasons. 

You tell me just look at the stats. 

Warburton - 

P32 W19 D7 L6 F54 A28 GD: +26

Points per game: 2.00

Win rate: 59%

Goals per game: 1.69

Goals conceded per game: 0.88

Pedro - 

P26 W14 D5 L7 F49 A30 GD+19

Points per game 1.81

Win rate: 54%

Goals per game: 1.88

Goals conceded per game: 1.15

not to mention Pedro was backed in the transfer market with a lot more than Warburton Was. 

Are you using pedros games with warburtons team? 

Infact from when do they warburton stats start, as they'd be highly skewed given he had to play that league cup group stage

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Doesn't matter what team it was, we've lost terrible qualifiers before and managers have turned their season around and won stuff

Well it actually does 😂 are you saying Pedro would of turned it around???

22 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Other than the euro result, what made pedro a joke? 

Naming his team in a press conference and failing to win, pumped 5-1 at home to the Tarriers, the record against Aberdeen, a fair few of his signings being embarrassingly bad, Motherwell in the cup.

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are you using pedros games with warburtons team? 

Infact from when do they warburton stats start, as they'd be highly skewed given he had to play that league cup group stage

Cba with this. You’re a mong just accept it. 

On 31/03/2019 at 14:48, MurrayWilson said:

A proper analysis, but it doesn't fit with the usual knee jerk Rangers Media reaction. You have to remember no matter the circumstances, no matter how the game has actually played out if we win everything is great. If we lose we are shit and there is no hope for the future, sack the manager  get rid of every cunt and start again, etc, etc, and so on so forth. Yet again. 

Stylish first placed losers gets some folk moist. Its all about the prizes not making up numbers if you understand Rangers 

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lost 5-1 with a team that was costing roughly a 3rd of the tarriers wage wise, a team that wasnt his against a tarrier team unbeaten all season

For pena and herrera i give you sadiq, grezda and lafferty

Did pedro make progress from the warburton era? 

Yet here we have cunts greeting because we can't compete with them under Gerrard. 

Financially we are where we should be. 

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Naming his team in a press conference and failing to win, pumped 5-1 at home to the Tarriers, the record against Aberdeen, a fair few of his signings being embarrassingly bad, Motherwell in the cup.

The tarriers result was using warburtons team in a season they were undefeated, as for the record against Aberdeen, you know this is seemingly the first season in their history that they have beaten us 3 times, and likely the first time they have beaten us twice at ibrox

Shall we list gerrards bad signings as well, 

As for motherwell in the cup, i give you aberdeen twice this season 

Btw this isnt a defence of pedro or warburton, its highlighting how gerrard is getting it easy for the same type of shite results his predecessors had, its all fine and well saying we dont sack him (we shouldnt) but we cannoy sugarcoat his failings, especially given he's spent probably the same as Warburton and pedro combined, and his wage bill is dramatically higher

The fact we have won 5 out of 15 in the league against the rest of the top 6 seems to be brushed aside as a nothing, our domestic results given the financial spend havent been good enough this season, not close in my opinion, others may think it has been, thats up to them 

Just now, bluenoz said:

JimBeam, I can tell you know your fitba but you are wrong if you don't see progress and that we are heading in the right direction.

I've stated many times mate that there has been progress, but for me, not enough given the spend, not even a cup final is rotten, fair enough if the tarriers knocked us out, but for the sheep to do it twice is an embarrassment 

11 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Progress was our worst European defeat in our history bar none.

Our history since murray first arrived is littered sith awful euro results, progres was the worst but many better Rangers teams have fell to diddies

Kaunas, levski sofia, viktoria zizkov,

The point is euro is a bonus, domestically we need to start winning trophies, not to even contest a final this season given the money spent is poor at best, 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The tarriers result was using warburtons team in a season they were undefeated, as for the record against Aberdeen, you know this is seemingly the first season in their history that they have beaten us 3 times, and likely the first time they have beaten us twice at ibrox

Btw this isnt a defence of pedro or warburton, its highlighting how gerrard is getting it easy for the same type of shite results his predecessors had, its all fine and well saying we dont sack him (we shouldnt) but we cannoy sugarcoat his failings, especially given he's spent probably the same as Warburton and pedro combined, and his wage bill is dramatically higher

The fact we have won 5 out of 15 in the league against the rest of the top 6 seems to be brushed aside as a nothing, our domestic results given the financial spend havent been good enough this season, not close in my opinion, others may think it has been, thats up to them 

You do spout some utter shit.

you actually comparing gerrard to pedro 😂

you say this isn’t a defence of pedro when actually you have just been defending him.

anyways your boring me now so have a good night

55 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did pedro not make sufficient progress from wgat Warburton left him? Fuck he didnt even get a 2bd transfer window nevermind a second season 

Think he'd lost the plot, dressing room and credibility more than it necessarily being result driven the board papped him.

57 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Who said replace him? I certainly havent, but i wont sugar coat his first season either that has seen us fail to even reach a domestic final given his financial backing last summer 

I haven't sugar coated it either. We have a better team and manager than last season imo though. We haven't improved on all fronts but have on others. We are financially better off from the Euro run and if SG is given the appropriate funds to improve the squad we should be a stronger and more consistant team next season. 

20 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Don’t care whos team it was, still one of the worst results in our history.

Doesn’t change the fact them beating us for the first time in 26 years down to him being a joke.

Cost wise Pedro’s were worse.

Both are embarrassing, Motherwell is worse.

I’ve sugarcoated anything tbf, Gerrard isn’t great, Pedro was so much worse

35 minutes ago, Bertent said:

Stylish first placed losers gets some folk moist. Its all about the prizes not making up numbers if you understand Rangers 

That's not always the case though is it? I remember Mcoists team winning the lower leagues at a canter and every cunt was pissed off with the tripe we regularly had to watch. Of course its about winning but its not as black and white as win= everything great, don't win = everything pish. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Our history since murray first arrived is littered sith awful euro results, progres was the worst but many better Rangers teams have fell to diddies

Kaunas, levski sofia, viktoria zizkov,

The point is euro is a bonus, domestically we need to start winning trophies, not to even contest a final this season given the money spent is poor at best, 

Europe isn't or certainly shouldn't be a bonus. We should be doing everything possible to get as far as we can in Europe. Drawing a game in the Europa league has the same financial benefits as winning the league cup. We need to close the financial gap between us and them.

Domestic cups mean fuck all to me unless we're winning the league as well tbh. 

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Europe isn't or certainly shouldn't be a bonus. We should be doing everything possible to get as far as we can in Europe. Drawing a game in the Europa league has the same financial benefits as winning the league cup. We need to close the financial gap between us and them.

Domestic cups mean fuck all to me unless we're winning the league as well tbh. 

Villereal are still in the competition and they weren't much better than us. Could you imagine this place if we were playing tomorrow? Playing in Europe means a lot to Rangers and its history.

Archived