Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because if I supported a wee team like that I’d be happy with Europe over trophies.

You’re really aren’t

Wee teams can't compete with celtic either, that's the point. 

Also, I'm not happy with Europe over trophies, but i understand we need Europe to consistently compete for trophies, that's the part you're struggling with.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Wee teams can't compete with celtic either, that's the point. 

Also, I'm not happy with Europe over trophies, but i understand we need Europe to consistently compete for trophies, that's the part you're struggling with.

I'm not struggling at all.

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

15m in the bank or stop the beasts winning a treble treble 🤔

Each to their own I suppose 

So were you expecting Gerrard to come in and win the league in his first season?

My expectations were to see improvement. 

Like many others i understand maybe there hasnt been as big an improvement as we would like. But lets focus on what Gerrard has done.

*He has coached Morelos into a better player. 

*He got us a much needed financial boost with europe.

*He has removed the fear factor we had going into old firms, not to mention he got the monkey off our back with an old firm win.

*He has more likely secured runner up spot, which we failed to do so far.

*We lost 10 games in one season last year. We have only lost 5 this year.

*He has strenghtened our defense which shipped 50 goals last year. This year we have conceded half that. We will also have scored more goals than we did last year.

Whilst there is a long way to go, these wee victories add up to progress. Some minor tweaks next season and he will bring home 55.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

I'm not struggling at all.

You are, clearly. 

I understand you've made a point and feel you have to stick to it no matter what, but people would respect you if you admitted you've fucked it tbh. 

It's embarrassing mate.

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You are, clearly. 

I understand you've made a point and feel you have to stick to it no matter what, but people would respect you if you admitted you've fucked it tbh. 

It's embarrassing mate.

:lol: 

There's no changing the point though is there. 

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

So were you expecting Gerrard to come in and win the league in his first season?

My expectations were to see improvement. 

Like many others i understand maybe there hasnt been as big an improvement as we would like. But lets focus on what Gerrard has done.

*He has coached Morelos into a better player. 

*He got us a much needed financial boost with europe.

*He has removed the fear factor we had going into old firms, not to mention he got the monkey off our back with an old firm win.

*He has more likely secured runner up spot, which we failed to do so far.

*We lost 10 games in one season last year. We have only lost 5 this year.

*He has strenghtened our defense which shipped 50 goals last year. This year we have conceded half that. We will also have scored more goals than we did last year.

Whilst there is a long way to go, these wee victories add up to progress. Some minor tweaks next season and he will bring home 55.

Nah mate I was talking about reaching and possibly winning a domestic cup final like I said in a previous post.

I was expecting us to push them all the way in the league not have it over before the split.

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The money that dave promised

And lets be honest, the europa league isnt wealthy enough to fund a team to win the league, especially if the tarriers make the CL, we need the league first to both deny them the chance of millions and give us the chance to earn said millions

Terriers won’t make the CL again, we won’t make the CL again. If either of us do it will be an exception, once in a blue moon. 

So yes the EL money is needed, yes we need the board to step up, we are more than capable of matching the scums revenue turnover. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Nah mate I was talking about reaching and possibly winning a domestic cup final like I said in a previous post.

I was expecting us to push them all the way in the league not have it over before the split.

Was pushing them all the way really realistic they are still significantly outspending is and we have rebuilt our squad for the third time in as many years?

If we sack Gerrard then there’s no chance we can attract a manager of the right quality to win the league in his first season and even if we could the cost to bring him in would leave us short for what we could afford to spend in the transfer window. Getting rid makes no sense. 

11 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

If we sack Gerrard then there’s no chance we can attract a manager of the right quality to win the league in his first season and even if we could the cost to bring him in would leave us short for what we could afford to spend in the transfer window. Getting rid makes no sense. 

Course there is. We just go out and spend money we dont have (due to sacking another manager) on an unnamed manager, give him a few million, expect him to overhaul and knit a title winning outfit from 4 managers signings against a scum squad who pay more, have more valuable assets and internationalists, and a wealth of winning experience. Oh and he apparently gets only a year to do it.

Nothing like building blocks and solid foundations, nope league title or they can fuck off too, rinse and repeat.  We're Rangers ffs, we demand unrealistic expectations are met.

16 hours ago, backup said:

ffs...

It's a realistic expectation for where we are right now.  2nd highest wage bill, 2nd highest spend in transfer fees, new manager, bunch of new players.  

2nd is what most expected before the season started,  go back and read the "what are your expectations" thread.  Nearly to a man, the expectations were as follows:  Not to get pumped early in the Euro Qualifiers, 2nd in the league( and get  closer to the tarriers than last season)  and either winning a cup or getting to a final.   Gerrard looks set to deliver on 2 of 4  of those targets, possibly even 3 of 4.

20 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Mate who actually wants Gerrard sacked,  Foreverandever maybe, Ivybank and maybe one or two others ?

it’s clear the vast majority want him kept on.  I’m disappointed in how the season turned out especially after rattling the fenians before the winter break and looking like genuine contenders but I still want him giving the chance to build on what he has. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate who actually wants Gerrard sacked,  Foreverandever maybe, Ivybank and maybe one or two others ?

it’s clear the vast majority want him kept on.  I’m disappointed in how the season turned out especially after rattling the fenians before the winter break and looking like genuine contenders but I still want him giving the chance to build on what he has. 

My minds changed a lot but ultimately I’m not for or against him.

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

The winter break and every other international break really fucked us this season. We went into them with momentum only for it to be killed at the wrong time.

As a Rangers fan its only natural to be dissapointed when we dont win. Its in our blood to expect. Thats why Rangers are Rangers. But whilst we expected to throw money at it and keep trying we need to be more conservitive now. 

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Signing that level of player is why we are where we are now.

No it isn't.

HMRC deciding a legal tax loophole is now illegal and they can backdate that illegality and retrospectively chase the company for near 100m, making us almost unsellable...coupled with us selling to a dodgy bastard who stopped paying all the bills, then changing hands between more dodgy bastards, is why we are where we are now.

Us signing top players being the reason, is tarrier bullshit mate, don't buy into it.

On 09/03/2019 at 09:06, backup said:

you must have been watching some other team, we had the league in our own hands, poor tactics poor signings and a great deal of inconsistency saw us throw it away more than once.

that is the simple raw truth.

13 minutes ago, gogzy said:

It's a realistic expectation for where we are right now.  2nd highest wage bill, 2nd highest spend in transfer fees, new manager, bunch of new players.  

2nd is what most expected before the season started,  go back and read the "what are your expectations" thread.  Nearly to a man, the expectations were as follows:  Not to get pumped early in the Euro Qualifiers, 2nd in the league( and get  closer to the tarriers than last season)  and either winning a cup or getting to a final.   Gerrard looks set to deliver on 2 of 4  of those targets, possibly even 3 of 4.

I will stick with my post above, a rank rotten celtic that brenda couldn't get out of quick enough, and we are today one point better off with the taigs than we were at the end of 2016/2018. 

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Those expectations before the season are based on guesswork though , nobody expected the tarriers to be as bad , nobody could have expected us to get dream draws every round of the Europa qualifiers either 

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Never said it was a majority but there’s clearly a few on here and some folk I know that go to games who really want him out and to me it makes no sense. Can’t keep changing managers and expect to improve   

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

15m in the bank or stop the beasts winning a treble treble 🤔

Each to their own I suppose 

We need to sort ourselves out and forget about them.  15m in the bank this year is more important than winning a cup.  That money should be used as a fund to bring in the quality we need to win the league. 

I'd have loved to have won a cup this year, but I wouldn't swap a league cup for 15m in the bank this season.  Both would have been awesome.

Archived