Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

4 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Never said it was a majority but there’s clearly a few on here and some folk I know that go to games who really want him out and to me it makes no sense. Can’t keep changing managers and expect to improve   

I want him kept btw , but why is it him we must back and not another manager ? Everytime bp9 said we must back the manager and give him time he was slaughtered 

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gogzy said:

We need to sort ourselves out and forget about them.  15m in the bank this year is more important than winning a cup.  That money should be used as a fund to bring in the quality we need to win the league. 

I'd have loved to have won a cup this year, but I wouldn't swap a league cup for 15m in the bank this season.  Both would have been awesome.

Where did the 15m come from? Come the year end we'll break even if lucky. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Where did the 15m come from? Come the year end we'll break even if lucky. 

That's the number I've seen used quite a few times.  Gate funds, prize money, bonus money I'd guess.

Our Euro run will have brought in roughly 15m more than we would have made this season without the Euro run.

Unfortunately for us celtic have been outstanding since the winter break. They have struggled in games but because they have more quality than us and they have a winning mentality that has been developed over years they have shown near perfect form since the winter break. That’s the difference between us and them at the moment.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

That's the number I've seen used quote a few times.  Gate funds, prize money, bonus money I'd guess.

Our Euro run will have brought in roughly 15m more than we would have mad this season without the Euro run.

Thanks, but still cannot see us doing much better than break even at year end. Just means King & T3B don't need to loan monies this season. 

8 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's the number I've seen used quite a few times.  Gate funds, prize money, bonus money I'd guess.

Our Euro run will have brought in roughly 15m more than we would have made this season without the Euro run.

So, why the latest close bros "facility" ?

2 minutes ago, backup said:

So, why the latest close bros "facility" ?

Have the Euro payouts happened yet?   This is the time of year where we have always historically used finance.  It's the lean time before ST money etc comes in.

Are you denying that we will have made some serious money from Europe, because that's how it seems.

48 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I want him kept btw , but why is it him we must back and not another manager ? Everytime bp9 said we must back the manager and give him time he was slaughtered 

Bp9 has said it about every manager, wanting them all to get 3 or 4 plus years. With Mccoist in particular for me, that's bonkers.

Managers making sufficient progress however deserve time, and Gerrard always deserved at least 2 seasons. Which brings us back to the real debate of whether theres been sufficient progress (for me yes) rather than the nonsense of whether there's been any progress.

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Unfortunately for us celtic have been outstanding since the winter break. They have struggled in games but because they have more quality than us and they have a winning mentality that has been developed over years they have shown near perfect form since the winter break. That’s the difference between us and them at the moment.

How can you be outstanding and also struggle in games? I don't understan?. Personally, I think they have been poor benefiting from questionable injury time goals. We have failed by not puting teams away when leading 1-0 only to end up getting sucker punched and dropping points ( draws ). This will not happen next year. 

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

How can you be outstanding and also struggle in games? I don't understan?. Personally, I think they have been poor benefiting from questionable injury time goals. We have failed by not puting teams away when leading 1-0 only to end up getting sucker punched and dropping points ( draws ). This will not happen next year. 

They aren’t playing well but their results have still been outstanding. They have won 11 of 13 league games since the winter break and drawn the other 2. That’s consistency that we don’t have because we don’t have as many quality players as they do.

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Because we don’t have time anymore. They need to be stopped next season, under Pedro we were a joke and he had to go, Warburton made a bed for himself with the way he went about it, Murty fucked it when he cried in a post match interview. Gerrard has shown at time he’s got what it takes just needs some fine tuning. 

At the winter break after beating the tarriers I expected to have a real go at the league when we started again at the end of January, we all know that did not happen and I have been annoyed how we have been let down and going out of the SC to the :aberdeen: at home was a fuck up to say the least.

I have read many posts from both the 'yes we have' and the 'no we have not' sides about what progress has been made, and I can see both sides of the argument, but think the 'yes we have' is the more accurate, that still does make up for a disappointing season.

No matter what has been improved or not improved since last season, I believe Stevie G has to be given another one to see if he can bring some silverware back to Ibrox. To do that he will have to make better decisions on bringing in better players, the success rate from the players brought in last summer has not been good enough IMO, but hopefully if we are concentrating on 3 or 4 as good quality as we can afford and that should mean a better team for next season.

We also need to try and clear out players who will never be playing for us, while that is not always easy to do I hope it is something M A can work on in a positive way in the summer window.

2 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Of course not. He is a rookie manager. Who would you replace him with?

Who said replace him? I certainly havent, but i wont sugar coat his first season either that has seen us fail to even reach a domestic final given his financial backing last summer 

28 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

Because we don’t have time anymore. They need to be stopped next season, under Pedro we were a joke and he had to go, Warburton made a bed for himself with the way he went about it, Murty fucked it when he cried in a post match interview. Gerrard has shown at time he’s got what it takes just needs some fine tuning. 

Other than the euro result, what made pedro a joke? 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Bp9 has said it about every manager, wanting them all to get 3 or 4 plus years. With Mccoist in particular for me, that's bonkers.

Managers making sufficient progress however deserve time, and Gerrard always deserved at least 2 seasons. Which brings us back to the real debate of whether theres been sufficient progress (for me yes) rather than the nonsense of whether there's been any progress.

Did pedro not make sufficient progress from wgat Warburton left him? Fuck he didnt even get a 2bd transfer window nevermind a second season 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Other than the euro result, what made pedro a joke? 

Lost 5-1 against the taigs at home. Carlos Pena. Eduardo Herrera. Caravans and dugs. Literally nothing good at all to really talk about with him, apart from signing Morelos which wasn’t even his idea. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd said:

Lost 5-1 against the taigs at home. Carlos Pena. Eduardo Herrera. Caravans and dugs. Literally nothing good at all to really talk about with him, apart from signing Morelos which wasn’t even his idea. 

Lost 5-1 with a team that was costing roughly a 3rd of the tarriers wage wise, a team that wasnt his against a tarrier team unbeaten all season

For pena and herrera i give you sadiq, grezda and lafferty

Did pedro make progress from the warburton era? 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Lay off the jimbeam whiskey eh

Well apart from losing to a joke team in the qualifiers, which other successful Rangers managers managed to do, what else in his first season after a transfer window, made him a joke? 

Should be easy to answer seeing as he wasnt here long, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Lost 5-1 with a team that was costing roughly a 3rd of the tarriers wage wise, a team that wasnt his against a tarrier team unbeaten all season

For pena and herrera i give you sadiq, grezda and lafferty

Did pedro make progress from the warburton era? 

You have just lost little football credibility you had by sticking up for Pedro.

i actually don’t know if you are on the wind up or actually just clueless 

Archived