Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Partially agree but the inconsistency has been evident most of the season.

Goldson, Candeias, Morelos, Tav all must be close to 50 games already this season - certainly must take its toll on the body -- Goldson hadn't played 50 games total n the past three seasons. 

They are all 50+. 

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Goldson, Candeias, Morelos, Tav all must be close to 50 games already this season - certainly must take its toll on the body -- Goldson hadn't played 50 games total n the past three seasons. 

It's not just the physical side it's the mental. Most if not all our players will not have been at clubs that need to win every game league or Cup. 

4 minutes ago, LV said:

It's not just the physical side it's the mental. Most if not all our players will not have been at clubs that need to win every game league or Cup. 

with Goldson, Candeias, you could see they were both running on fumes recently so I'd say 90% physical for those two -- Goldson does himself and the team no favours trying to play through injuries  --get hs passion but sometimes you need to listen to your body 

..We are going places under this management team. The job that has been done has been remarkable even if at times this season I've went ott after a poor result. We no longer have a team that shits the bed in big games.

I am proud of the group we have wearing that badge every week 

That in its self is a good base to kick on next season quality over quantity this time round.

6/10 for the manager this season imo

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

..We are going places under this management team. The job that has been done has been remarkable even if at times this season I've went ott after a poor result. We no longer have a team that shits the bed in big games.

I am proud of the group we have wearing that badge every week 

That in its self is a good base to kick on next season quality over quantity this time round.

6/10 for the manager this season imo

your best post in months kk

Think we’re all in agreement that we have made progress. We all go to the games and you can see the standard has raised slightly.

The question is, have we made enough progress?

Were still on course to finish double figures behind them in the league. Out of both cups. Europe was a bonus this year though.

3 hours ago, gersandy said:

Think we’re all in agreement that we have made progress. We all go to the games and you can see the standard has raised slightly.

Were still on course to finish double figures behind them in the league. Out of both cups. Europe was a bonus this year though.

Win our remaining games and we’ll finish maximum of eight points behind. That’s not too bad in all honesty but will still leave a bitter taste of what could have been. 

Of course it could go the other way and we end up 15-16 points behind

Ether way it’s been a disappointing second half of the season for me, the loss to Kilmarnock after the winter break knocked the wind out us and we never recovered. 

If the likes of tav, goldson, candeias etc are running on fumes, then why do we have players that can replace them and give them a breather in shitty games, flanagan and katic have came in the last 2 and the last game respectively, and not looked out of place,

Yet playing the likes of st mirren, dundee and hamilton at home we give tav ans goldson 90mins when they arent needed

Jack or arfield carrying injuries and mccrorie doesnt kick a ball for almost a month after bossing the OF game in the middle of the park

4 hours ago, gersandy said:

No where near enough progress and there was an opening for us to do more 

Next season really has to be meaningful progress, it doesn't look like we'll be changing management this time round so any improvement there has been this season needs a lot of building on 

For the money spent you could say no, after all, we should have at least been in with a chance of winning one of the cups but for me, next season will be where Gerrard gets judged and if he doesn't win something he won't be here.

On 10/04/2019 at 21:23, siddiqi_drinker said:

Tavs played 53 

Goldson 49

morelos 48

candeias 47

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How the fuck has tav only played 5 more games than morelos, the wee shite has been banned 4 times this season lol

Thought that also when looking up those stats. Fuck when he’s available for hibs he’s been banned for 10 games ha ha. Can’t remember Tav being injured and the only one I can honestly remember him being left out for was Cowdenbeath ha ha. 

I think after the last game against them i felt we had let ourselves slip back in to our shell, it was extremely disappointing and i knee jerked a little. 

Where i see it is that we have improved but have a fair bit of work to do in certain areas.

I think the manager needs to realise his stubborn streak can be a positive but its also his weak point.

I don't see what he sees in Worral for instance but he has worked wonders with other players...

We need a real solid no nonsense central defender and central midfielder, if we can add goals we have a fairly good team.

We have improved, its all about quality rather than numbers now.

If you look at the games we have lost even in Europe it has been by very fine margins and a lot of those games we have been the better team. That itself should answer the question of progress being made. The foundations are there to build on and a couple of quality additions and I think we will be putting these games to bed. Would be insanity to rip this down and start again. 

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

If you look at the games we have lost even in Europe it has been by very fine margins and a lot of those games we have been the better team. That itself should answer the question of progress being made. The foundations are there to build on and a couple of quality additions and I think we will be putting these games to bed. Would be insanity to rip this down and start again. 

Second half against celtic aside, were we?

Progress is winning trophies, that we aren't shows that we aren't winning the crunch games (back in the day all were crunch games), we totally lack a winning mentality, a prerequisite of The Rangers.

SG had better instill the winning mentality and quickly.....the honeymoon is well and truly over !

1 minute ago, backup said:

Progress is winning trophies, that we aren't shows that we aren't winning the crunch games (back in the day all were crunch games), we totally lack a winning mentality, a prerequisite of The Rangers.

SG had better instill the winning mentality and quickly.....the honeymoon is well and truly over !

Success is winning trophies, progress is the improvement required in getting there.

Not winning trophies shows there's not enough progress yet, but that's not unsurprising in the context of the bigger picture that you choose to ignore.

Foundations and building blocks were always required, not a petulant spoiled approach that would have us rip it up and start again as theres no silverware in a manager's first season.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Success is winning trophies, progress is the improvement required in getting there.

Not winning trophies shows there's not enough progress yet, but that's not unsurprising in the context of the bigger picture that you choose to ignore.

Foundations and building blocks were always required, not a petulant spoiled approach that would have us rip it up and start again as theres no silverware in a manager's first season.

Call it what you like, progress/success it isn't. You mistake cold hard facts for petulance.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Well articulated and couldn’t agree more. Of course no trophies this year (or any year) is never good enough for any Rangers team/ manager but given the starting position of SG and the club as a whole when he took the reins it’s better than it was. One of the main things he appeared to take a grip of early doors, which I admired, was overall club ‘standards’ which under previous incumbents (I won’t go in to detail) had sadly slipped. I fully expect him to kick on next season and deliver silverware...

42 minutes ago, backup said:

Call it what you like, progress/success it isn't. You mistake cold hard facts for petulance.

Better league position  

more goals scored  

less goals conceded  

more points  

beat the tarriers  

We’ve done more this season to help the rebuilding phase than we have the previous 2 seasons, that’s a fact. In the grand scheme of the picture it’s undeniably progress. 

Archived