Gerrard, we have made progress

backup

I haven't read thread through. I believe some progress has been made. 3 old firm games so far. 1st and our poorest I.m.o. lost 0-1.  2nd skelped them 1-0.  3rd terrible defending at both goals lost 1-2.   4th at home I expect us to win.  So honours even if that's the case. But our form against the other teams that have let us down badly. It does show a lack of character & mental toughness In our current side. But we have never looked like getting a real doing against septic this season. A real class playmaker & striker should see us challenge for the title. So it's a yes for me. I believe S.G. will deliver.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Building blocks and foundations needed over petulance and impatience 👍

Patience will run out if next season we win fuck all again. He has 1 more season to get it right (the majority wouldn’t even get that after a season like this one). 

15 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Why can't building blocks and winning trophies happen together? Gerrard has spent more than enough that we should have been at least in a final, 

Part of the progress is improving consistency, getting more quality in, and reducing the individual errors. Gerrard has commented on that and needs to make sure it happens as these factors largely cost us in the cup games against a team that has done well in countering us.

To suggest teams cant be seen to have progressed unless they win silverware, as Backup suggests, is simply ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Patience will run out if next season we win fuck all again. He has 1 more season to get it right (the majority wouldn’t even get that after a season like this one). 

The impatient folk will become noisier, that's for sure.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Part of the progress is improving consistency, getting more quality in, and reducing the individual errors. Gerrard has commented on that and needs to make sure it happens as these factors largely cost us in the cup games against a team that has done well in countering us.

To suggest teams cant be seen to have progressed unless they win silverware, as Backup suggests, is simply ridiculous.

If 8million quid and easily increasing our wage budget by quite a bit is worth what we got, i wonder if we'll have the funds to win anything, gerrard has wasted a good chunk of cash this season, ge wont get that leeway again 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If 8million quid and easily increasing our wage budget by quite a bit is worth what we got, i wonder if we'll have the funds to win anything, gerrard has wasted a good chunk of cash this season, ge wont get that leeway again 

For the money we have spent it’s an embarrassment we have not got to a domestic final or looked close to doing it. Didn’t even play the favourites in any of them either 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I'd agree that his summer signings need to be better quality but also importantly have the mentality needed to succeed here. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Soundbites and his name has gotten him off the hook a fair bit this season, 

I'm happy to discuss his failings, there have been a few. But equally folk saying theres been no progress or that he deserves bulleted the now are fuck wits.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd agree that his summer signings need to be better quality but also importantly have the mentality needed to succeed here. 

Unfortunately we probably can't afford a combination of both, probably why we are looking at the likes of soutar etc, guys that know scottish football abd have proved they can handle the roughnesa of it

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Unfortunately we probably can't afford a combination of both, probably why we are looking at the likes of soutar etc, guys that know scottish football abd have proved they can handle the roughnesa of it

Not convinced theres anything in that but yeah that's part of the difficulties he's going to have to overcome whilst likely spending less than the scum on transfer and salaries yet again.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Genuine question, what gives him more leeway than the previous 2 managers? 

The progress I see being made. I can see improvement so far, and believe he not only knows what's needed to improve further but will also be able to deliver success. That hasn't been there for me since before McCoist.

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The progress I see being made. I can see improvement so far, and believe he not only knows what's needed to improve further but will also be able to deliver success. That hasn't been there for me since before McCoist.

Surely warburton deserved a proper crack at the spfl given what he was allowed to spend was buttons

The board fannied about with warburtons targets, we ended up with senderos, gerrard came in abd got 3.5mill to spend on one player

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely warburton deserved a proper crack at the spfl given what he was allowed to spend was buttons

The board fannied about with warburtons targets, we ended up with senderos, gerrard came in abd got 3.5mill to spend on one player

I think he'd more to offer but his stubbornness at sticking to a particular style without the calibre of player needed was his downfall.

Thought he was punted a bit soon but not particularly bothered by it now or at the time.

Edit. Who cost 3.5m?

Archived